Have any Aussie PP holders received a TR60 from the Thai Embassy in Manila/Singapore/KL/Jakata recently?

We are Australians currently traveling in SE Asia. We want to go and stay with some Aussie friends in Hua Hin for around 70 days beginning in April. They are in Thailand on a retirement visa (non-resident long-stay OA visa) and have a 'house book' that confirms the address and that they own their house.

They are happy to give us a letter of invitation.

We can prove we have funds to support ourselves and are happy to book an onward ticket as we travel to Europe afterward.

Our questions.
We believe we can get a 60-day visa and then extend in Hua Hin for the last week or two, BUT we have no intention of returning to Australia. Instead, we would like to travel to the Philippines and maybe Indonesia before coming to Thailand. But could divert to KL or Singapore if needed.

What is our best approach? 

Can we get a 60-day visa in Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, or Jakarta? The info on the Manila site indicates we can, BUT we would like confirmation before putting all our eggs in that basket.

I tried going down the eVisa route. I don't think Aussies can get these yet, or maybe I was on the wrong site.

TIA for any information.

You could get one in KL, as a friend of mine got a 60d tourist visa there a few months ago (you may need to make an online appointment a couple of weeks beforehand). You can extend it for a further 30 days at Hua Hin Immigration Office as long as your hosts have registered you as staying at their address (using the online TM30 website).

Can't you just enter visa free with Aussie PPs and get 30 days, then extend at Hua Hin (Blue Port) for a further 30 days, you could cut you stay back from 70 to 60 days then depart, or if you really want those extra days do a border hop and get another 30 days. 

Thanks, @grain.

We definitely need the 70 days, so we will consider the border hop option you mentioned. Hadn't heard of the "Blue Port" thing.

But a border hop might be more expensive (and less convenient) than sorting the visa + 1 extension, but maybe not. And I''d hate to be refused trying to come back in.

Of course, with the visa option, there's the inconvenience of having to stay longer in Manila than we'd like.

Thankfully, we have time to sort through the logistics and work out the best way.

S

• Like 1

Ring the Thailand Embassy in whatever country you are located, and/or want to go to next, and ask them can you get a 60 day Visitor Visa there (say you are staying there).  I am sure both Indonesia and Malaysia will be able to do that.  When there extend stay by 30 days at Hua Hin Immigration Office, 3-4 days before it expires. 

I had a bad experience getting a 60 day Thai tourist visa at the Thai Embassy in Singapore a few years ago, just after Covid.

They wanted bank statements for something like prior three or six months.

I printed them out online.

They had my name but not my address – not acceptable.

Some statements are like this now – like a security thing.

I have a Singapore bank account, so I was able to visit and get an alternative bank statement with my address.

Then, they wanted proof that I was legally in Singapore by means of the email from Singapore Immigration, confirming my visitor’s on-arrival visa.

Possibly, I had made a mistake in my email address and did not get that email?

So, I visited Singapore Immigration (very long queues) and explained the problem.

They give me the old type of entry/exit card.

The Thai Embassy would not accept this - until I went the lady in the next booth and pleaded for some sanity on the issue.

The Thai Embassy in Singapore is also very busy another reason to avoid.

The Thai Embassy in Singapore is definitely not user friendly.