What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

11 hours ago, BenStark said:

I consider downloading a movie every now and then, and watch them using an external SSD connected to the USB of my LG smart TV/

Since I'm not an English native, I prefer subtitles.

Found that most of the movies available for download are MP4 without subtitles.

Which software you use to add the subtitles to the MP4 file please?

Most of the 1080 movies come with subtitle, about 50% of 720 movies have sub titles 480 movies do not usually have them.

Yes you have to add the srt file into the movie folder but it has to be the correct file for the movie otherwise it will not work or could be out of sinc for the voices.

Some of the up loaders routinely put subs into their files you will get to know which ones do that by trial and error

I have found 'Subscene' to be quite good for sub titles but there are many others as well, try google searching subtitles for the movie name you want to add subtitles to. 

1 minute ago, Rimmer said:

Most of the 1080 movies have subtitle, about 50% of 720 movies have sub titles 480 movies do not usually have them.

Yes you have to add the srt file into the movie folder but it has to be the correct file for the movie otherwise it will not work or could be out of sinc for the voices.

Some of the up loaders routinely put subs into their files you will get to know which ones do that by trial and error

I have found 'Subscene' to be quite good for sub titles but there are many others as well, try searching subtitles for the movie name you want to add subtitles to. 

Thanks I have sorted it since.

The movie I downloaded from Piratebay was Equalizer 2 from 2018 I think. it was a 1.9GB 1080p file in MP4 format.

I downloaded the subtitle file from Subscene, and yes it was out of sync, but LG has a setting where you easily can adjust the sync.

I've been out of the running for maybe 10 years, but I recall downloads at that time were all in MKV format, though I didn't download those from torrents but from subscription sites with 'news' in the name. The name escapes me after all those years.

So what is the best source for movies these days?

6 minutes ago, BenStark said:

The movie I downloaded from Piratebay was Equalizer 2 from 2018

On that note, I was looking for The Equaliser 3, after it was recommended by a friend, however it doesn't appear to be on the torrent sites yet – – anyone seen it?

As I couldn't find it I downloaded and watched another movie called, "The Good Liar" which starred Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen, and it was very good with a hugely unusual twist towards the end.

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

As I said, I have SSD connected to my LG TV through USB. No Kodi on an LG TV. I prefer older movies over today's crap, so most of them are MP4.

Google told me the solution in the meantime, which is just to add the subtitle to the same folder, and enable subtitles in the settings of the TV.

The kodi addons do exactly what the google solution is. That's why I use an Android TV box. Much smarter than any smart tv, and portable if you change TVs. 

43 minutes ago, xylophone said:

On that note, I was looking for The Equaliser 3, after it was recommended by a friend, however it doesn't appear to be on the torrent sites yet – – anyone seen it?

As I couldn't find it I downloaded and watched another movie called, "The Good Liar" which starred Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen, and it was very good with a hugely unusual twist towards the end.

E3 on x1337, and enjoyed it.

Thanks for 'The Good Liar' recommend, as really like the leads.  Trailer looks familiar, but the rest, not sure if I saw already on not  😂

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

Maybe if you spelt equalizer correctly... 

I tried both spellings on 1337X, but it's not there, however E 2 is there, but when I moved to TPB, I was able to find it and I'm currently downloading it.

11 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I have just this moment looked for E3 on 1337X, but I couldn't find it, only E2!!!!

Better hurry, four's coming out in a couple weeks. 

I might watch the first three over.

13 hours ago, BenStark said:

I consider downloading a movie every now and then, and watch them using an external SSD connected to the USB of my LG smart TV/

Since I'm not an English native, I prefer subtitles.

Found that most of the movies available for download are MP4 without subtitles.

Which software you use to add the subtitles to the MP4 file please?

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/subs.....

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I have just this moment looked for E3 on 1337X, but I couldn't find it, only E2!!!!

Strange you can't see it, there are some different address for 1337x

Screenshot 2024-01-29 112933.png

1 minute ago, Seppius said:

Strange you can't see it, there are some different address for 1337x

Screenshot 2024-01-29 112933.png

Thanks ......so I will change my 1337x address as have just looked again and with either spelling it is not there!!

On 1/26/2024 at 6:27 PM, Will27 said:

This is getting some excellent reviews.

During WWII, five miles above the ground and behind enemy lines, ten men inside a bomber known as a "Flying Fortress" battle unrelenting flocks of German fighters.

I watched Episode 1 of Mission of the Air over the weekend, my thanks to @Will27 and straight away noticed a familiar sounding music score from Band of Brothers, and I thought it would be as good.

It was a magnificent production don't get me wrong, but I had problem staying focused for the duration, in fact I was glad it ended.

The User Reviews seem to be bringing down the IMDB Rating and not that many are that positive.

Perhaps some others and those who have watched Episode 2, may have an opinion to share.

I would like to stay with it, if it is worthwhile continuing.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, xylophone said:

Thanks ......so I will change my 1337x address as have just looked again and with either spelling it is not there!!

EQ 3 is also on TGx, kickass, TPB & therarbg<.>to

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, LosLobo said:

I watched Episode 1 of Mission of the Air over the weekend, my thanks to @Will27 and straight away noticed a familiar sounding music score from Band of Brothers, and I thought it would be as good.

It was a magnificent production don't get me wrong, but I had problem staying focused for the duration, in fact I was glad it ended.

The User Reviews seem to be bringing down the IMDB Rating and not that many are that positive.

Perhaps some others and those who have watched Episode 2, may have an opinion to share.

I would like to stay with it, if it is worthwhile continuing.

Yes  the IMDB reviews are really dragging the number down, no way can it be compared to Band of Brothers which is what people are doing, but for a WW2 military historian like myself who lived in UK and have read every book and publication about the Mighty Eighth Army Air Force also visited many of the old airfields in East Anglia, Norfolk and Suffolk it is a most interesting well made movie but that does not make it an entertaining story, I view it more as a tribute to those boys but it is not for everybody.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Yes  the IMDB reviews are really dragging the number down, no way can it be compared to Band of Brothers which is what people are doing, but for a WW2 military historian like myself who lived in UK and have read every book and publication about the Mighty Eighth Army Air Force also visited many of the old airfields in East Anglia, Norfolk and Suffolk it is a most interesting well made movie but that does not make it an entertaining story, I view it more as a tribute to those boys but it is not for everybody.

I have not seen "Band of Brothers". What do you think of it? 

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

My dad (RIP) was in the RAF during WWII and defused UXO kindly deposited on UK airfields by the Nazis and later in Germany on Allied UXO.

I think like you, he too would enjoy the series.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I can't seem to find a decent copy mate.

Where did you get yours?

TIA

x1337  PM sent

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

To Catch a Copper

Police receive a call from a woman saying she was sexually assaulted by an on-duty police officer.

The officer says she assaulted him and that he’s not at fault. With two conflicting versions of events, how do the police tell who is right?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Will27 said:

To Catch a Copper

Police receive a call from a woman saying she was sexually assaulted by an on-duty police officer.

The officer says she assaulted him and that he’s not at fault. With two conflicting versions of events, how do the police tell who is right?

Didn't seem much in the way of repercussions for all the coppers misconduct. Slaps on the wrist.