What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

25 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I usually enjoy Statham movies like Wrath of Man, but Beekeeper was just too over the top and into John Wick territory, bordering on cartoonish.

You don't like the John Wick movies? 

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

The first was OK, then they just got sillier with ridiculous body counts.

And all the women that can whip Mike Tyson's butt without messing up their hair...

• Haha 1

Thai comedy The Cheery Lee, Village Headman (2023) on Netflix Thailand consists of 27 episodes and was/is fun watching. Not boring at all, and not so irritating (for me) as some of the Eddie Murphy movies. Actor James Fagerlund probably at his best! Maybe he's capable of making some of your family members smile. Mine did. Difficult to do better in the future. We'll see. More movies are coming. Enjoy!

xrk5z_4c.jpg

Edited by jacnl2000
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't often watch TV movies, I am ore of a reader. But I was in the States visiting my 28 year old daughter and we binged on a Netflix show I had never heard of before. Not sure if it was the show or that I was watching it with my daughter or  a combination of the two , but  I enjoyed it very much. 

Derry Girls

On 1/29/2024 at 10:01 AM, xylophone said:

On that note, I was looking for The Equaliser 3, after it was recommended by a friend, however it doesn't appear to be on the torrent sites yet – – anyone seen it?

As I couldn't find it I downloaded and watched another movie called, "The Good Liar" which starred Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen, and it was very good with a hugely unusual twist towards the end.

Equaliser 3 is worth watching (saw it on Netflix) - good, slow build with sudden outbreaks of violent action, but a few cheesy scenes .... overall good though.  For that type of movie, I think "Man on Fire" is the best.

Just started watching 'Happy' (also on Netflix) - great fun series, like a  cross between John Wick and My Little Pony.

And for a series that's sheer mindless entertainment with action and naked boobies - 'Obliterated' is hard to beat.  

• Like 1

Saw "Argylle" last night, and it was entertaining, but disappointing.

It was a good plot and with decent writers it could have been a great spy action thriller, or a great comedy, but trying to do both kind of ruined it. 

I guess when you throw in a few laughs you do not need to worry about plot holes, and when you shoot a few people you don't need to worry about being funny. 

14 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Really loving...

Mr. & Mrs. Smith on Amazon Prime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsaMWxppznk

Monsieur Spade
Belgravia 2
Miss Scarlett and the Duke S04
Death and Other Details
Criminal Record

This Criminal record which another poster also mentioned he was binge watching is great. Next ep is Feb 8

I watched a movie called, "The Killer", starring Michael Fassbender, last night, and found it to be very average although it seems to have an IMDB rating of 6.7? I would probably give it something along the lines of 5.7, if that.

Starts off very slowly, so slowly in fact that I almost switched it off, but I watched it through to the end, and whilst waiting for the grand finale, was presented with something which was just a little short of pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/31/2024 at 12:24 PM, Yellowtail said:

You don't like the John Wick movies? 

Watched John Wick 4 last night. Waste of time. Boring fight scenes that I had to fast forward through. And other than the ridiculous fighting there was little to no plot. What's to like? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Finally got around to watching Yellowstone. It's gleefully awful. Kevin Costner completely phones it in, but it's soapy enough to enjoy.

I had hoped it would be more Trumpy as promised, but it def conveys the madness those types have about pretending to "preserve" the land while treating the land like a donkey show whore to squeeze every last nickel out of.

I moved here from Appalachia where similar newcomers versus gomers dramas are playing out post-Covid and the fantasies and deranged contradictions are the same.

And the shows a bit old, which implies that these butt hurt conflicts are eternal. They def like the idea of bullying people with violence to toe their retard Jesus line.

My in-laws also want hot looking women who are hellcats in bed like on the show, but who are also fit to meet pie bakin' Mom, but God didn't make nearly enough of them to go around. 

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Finally got around to watching Yellowstone. It's gleefully awful. Kevin Costner completely phones it in, but it's soapy enough to enjoy.

I had hoped it would be more Trumpy as promised, but it def conveys the madness those types have about pretending to "preserve" the land while treating the land like a donkey show whore to squeeze every last nickel out of.

I moved here from Appalachia where similar newcomers versus gomers dramas are playing out post-Covid and the fantasies and deranged contradictions are the same.

And the shows a bit old, which implies that these butt hurt conflicts are eternal. They def like the idea of bullying people with violence to toe their retard Jesus line.

My in-laws also want hot looking women who are hellcats in bed like on the show, but who are also fit to meet pie bakin' Mom, but God didn't make nearly enough of them to go around. 

Dude has it bad. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Dude has it bad. 

Yellowstone pro's:

-Beautifully shot, I'm usually fast forwarding thru animal nature sequences, lovely soundtrack of new country music like Jason Isbel, who's Bruce-level. Very binge-able, but very low re-watch potential.

Lots of nudity. Every female lead must show her crack. I'm sure Costner demanded it.

4 hours ago, gargamon said:

Watched John Wick 4 last night. Waste of time. Boring fight scenes that I had to fast forward through. And other than the ridiculous fighting there was little to no plot. What's to like? 

I call those kind of movies "chewing gum for the eyes". Instantly forgettable.

Edited by giddyup