Netanyahu rejects claims accusing Israel of genocide in Gaza

CharlieH

24 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You think children are still attending school in Gaza? Oh wait a minute. I forgot. You posted those lovely photos of the abundant fruits and vegetables abundanat in Gaza that were  taken by COGAT. 

Those photos happen to be genuine from Cogat, you think they don't have food at all in the markets near the border? After that pathetic deflection now back to the topic. Cogat also happens to be the only agency that is in charge of the intake of aid trucks and are appointed by the Israeli gov and work closely with the UN.

image.png.39c92a0e5d6a15e463afad68802533e1.png

https://twitter.com/cogatonline/status/1744689559974101137

A Hamas terror tunnel located adjacent to a Gaza school administered by the United Nations Relief and Works (UNRWA) was destroyed by Israeli forces on November 8. Hamas operatives have been building tunnels underneath UNRWA schools in the Mediterranean enclave for years, using the schools as human shields for terror activity. While UNRWA has condemned the construction of terror tunnels under its schools in the past, the UN agency has a history of employing staff who promote hatred and violence, including members of Hamas.

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/11/10/hamas-terror-tunnel-next-to-unrwa-school-in-gaza-destroyed

Edited by Bkk Brian

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

He also says:

Over 100 days have passed since the horrific attacks by Hamas that claimed the lives of more than one thousand Israelis and others, and resulted in the brutal seizing of hostages.

Every day I think of the anguish of the families I met.

I once again demand the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages.

image.png.ae01ddde5995cc6230240f8bf58d6d0a.png

https://twitter.com/antonioguterres/status/1747007162570650001

The UN Security Council Resolution agrees with him:

United Nations Security Council Resolution 2712 (2023) also calls for “the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages held by Hamas and other groups”.167

He also said: 

Commenting on the Israeli forces’ actions in the Gaza Strip, Guterres noted that the “onslaught” had resulted in “wholesale destruction” and an unprecedented rate of civilian killings during his tenure as Secretary-General.

“Nothing can justify the collective punishment of the Palestinian people. The humanitarian situation in Gaza is beyond words. Nowhere and no one is safe.”

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Of course. Only natural in a war that the civilians on the side of the party that started the war get aid. Just like the Allies provided aid to German civilians in WW2 when the goal was to wipe out the Nazis. Or aid to Japan to the civilians trapped in Japan by their warmongering government.

Oh wait...

The United Nations wasn't formed until after the 2nd World War.

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

He also said: 

Commenting on the Israeli forces’ actions in the Gaza Strip, Guterres noted that the “onslaught” had resulted in “wholesale destruction” and an unprecedented rate of civilian killings during his tenure as Secretary-General.

“Nothing can justify the collective punishment of the Palestinian people. The humanitarian situation in Gaza is beyond words. Nowhere and no one is safe.”

Yes I did read it, its a pity Hamas has deliberately sacrificed its own civilians in such a horrendous way as described and evidenced very well in the Israeli evidence provided to the ICJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The UN has been shown lacking by it's complete impotence in this conflict. He can waffle on all he likes but as long as the world tolerates the American veto, nothing will change. Must be galling to realise that his organisation isn't worth a can of <deleted> when it matters.

@thaibeachlovers

You seem to have less issues with Russian vetos.

Maybe it's just the American veto right that you want to see gone.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You missed the point. Hanaguma claimed that children in Gaza are in danger because of those weapons stored in classrooms.

45 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You think children are still attending school in Gaza? Oh wait a minute. I forgot. You posted those lovely photos of the abundant fruits and vegetables abundanat in Gaza that were  taken by COGAT. 

It doesn't matter if they attend school or take refuge in the school. So long as the school is used by Hamas its protected status is compromised.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Morch said:

It doesn't matter if they attend school or take refuge in the school. So long as the school is used by Hamas its protected status is compromised.

The issue was the tense. As though children are still in attendance. Otherwise why mention schools in conjunction with children. If schools are being used as shelter now, I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not the occupants are children.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Those photos happen to be genuine from Cogat, you think they don't have food at all in the markets near the border? After that pathetic deflection now back to the topic. Cogat also happens to be the only agency that is in charge of the intake of aid trucks and are appointed by the Israeli gov and work closely with the UN.

image.png.39c92a0e5d6a15e463afad68802533e1.png

https://twitter.com/cogatonline/status/1744689559974101137

A Hamas terror tunnel located adjacent to a Gaza school administered by the United Nations Relief and Works (UNRWA) was destroyed by Israeli forces on November 8. Hamas operatives have been building tunnels underneath UNRWA schools in the Mediterranean enclave for years, using the schools as human shields for terror activity. While UNRWA has condemned the construction of terror tunnels under its schools in the past, the UN agency has a history of employing staff who promote hatred and violence, including members of Hamas.

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/11/10/hamas-terror-tunnel-next-to-unrwa-school-in-gaza-destroyed

Do you understand that COGAT also is the Israeli government body that administers the West Bank? Whether it works with or against the UN is a matter of some debate? I'm not sure the UN takes your rosy view of the matter

UN agency heads say Gaza needs more aid to arrive faster, warning of famine and disease

Gaza urgently needs more aid or its desperate population will suffer widespread famine and disease, the heads of three major U.N. agencies warned Monday, as authorities in the enclave reported that the death toll in the Israel-Hamas war had surpassed 24,000.

While the U.N. agency chiefs did not directly point a finger at Israel, they said aid delivery is hobbled by the opening of too few border crossings, a slow vetting process for trucks and goods going into Gaza, and continuing fighting throughout the territory — all of which Israel plays a deciding factor in.

UN Deplores Israel's 'Systematic' Refusal to Grant Access to North Gaza

The United Nations humanitarian office said on Friday that Israeli authorities were systematically denying it access to northern Gaza to deliver aid and this had significantly hindered the humanitarian operation there.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2024-01-12/un-deplores-israels-systematic-refusal-to-grant-access-to-north-gaza

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

Oh, just one of your usual nitpicking word games, then.

Ah, the resort to nitpicking when you've got nothing. What don't you understand about the fact that Hanaguma raised the issue of schools as a current problem? It's not a current problem. Children aren't attending school. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Do you understand that COGAT also is the Israeli government body that administers the West Bank? Whether it works with or against the UN is a matter of some debate? I'm not sure the UN takes your rosy view of the matter

UN agency heads say Gaza needs more aid to arrive faster, warning of famine and disease

Gaza urgently needs more aid or its desperate population will suffer widespread famine and disease, the heads of three major U.N. agencies warned Monday, as authorities in the enclave reported that the death toll in the Israel-Hamas war had surpassed 24,000.

While the U.N. agency chiefs did not directly point a finger at Israel, they said aid delivery is hobbled by the opening of too few border crossings, a slow vetting process for trucks and goods going into Gaza, and continuing fighting throughout the territory — all of which Israel plays a deciding factor in.

UN Deplores Israel's 'Systematic' Refusal to Grant Access to North Gaza

The United Nations humanitarian office said on Friday that Israeli authorities were systematically denying it access to northern Gaza to deliver aid and this had significantly hindered the humanitarian operation there.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2024-01-12/un-deplores-israels-systematic-refusal-to-grant-access-to-north-gaza

Yes I am, what's that got to do with the photos and videos of food in the markets? https://twitter.com/cogatonline

c1.png

c2.png

c2.png

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Ah, the resort to nitpicking when you've got nothing. What don't you understand about the fact that Hanaguma raised the issue of schools as a current problem? It's not a current problem. Children aren't attending school. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

So all schools suddenly closed on mass on the 7 Oct? That's news to me. They are as far as I know all closed now thankfully, those UN teachers turned out to be  indoctrinating the children with Hamas hate for Israelis.

Hamas Sacrifices Gaza Children, and UNRWA Complicit in Crimes

The Israel-Hamas war has revealed many instances of Hamas’ misconduct toward Gaza’s children. On several occasions during its ground operation in Gaza, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has found Hamas’ military equipment hidden in schools, entrance hatches to Hamas tunnels under baby cribs, and rocket launchers placed in areas that children frequent. Various reports have also been published addressing the anti-Israel and antisemitic indoctrination and hate taught to Gaza’s children in their education system.

UN Watch, a Geneva-based organization that monitors the UN, published a report on Wednesday exposing how Hamas’ Oct. 7 atrocities were extensively celebrated in a 3000-member Telegram group composed of UNRWA’s staff. In November, an Israeli organization called IMPACT-SE also published an extensive report detailing the connection between education received in UNRWA schools in the Gaza Strip and the Oct. 7 massacres carried out by Hamas.

https://themedialine.org/top-stories/hamas-sacrifices-gaza-children-and-unrwa-complicit-in-crimes/

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I am, what's that got to do with the photos and videos of food in the markets?

c1.png

c2.png

Totally misleading/incorrect information

Before the war, according to this UN official, 450 trucks were entering Gaza daily. 

Denying the human suffering and starvation in Gaza and posting bogus pictures of markets full of products is utterly despicable and contradicts the facts on the ground.

U.N. official compares aid trucks reaching Gaza before and after war (nbcnews.com)  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So all schools suddenly closed on mass on the 7 Oct? That's news to me. They are as far as I know all closed now thankfully, those UN teachers turned out to be  indoctrinating the children with Hamas hate for Israelis.

The Israel-Hamas war has revealed many instances of Hamas’ misconduct toward Gaza’s children. On several occasions during its ground operation in Gaza, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has found Hamas’ military equipment hidden in schools, entrance hatches to Hamas tunnels under baby cribs, and rocket launchers placed in areas that children frequent. Various reports have also been published addressing the anti-Israel and antisemitic indoctrination and hate taught to Gaza’s children in their education system.

UN Watch, a Geneva-based organization that monitors the UN, published a report on Wednesday exposing how Hamas’ Oct. 7 atrocities were extensively celebrated in a 3000-member Telegram group composed of UNRWA’s staff. In November, an Israeli organization called IMPACT-SE also published an extensive report detailing the connection between education received in UNRWA schools in the Gaza Strip and the Oct. 7 massacres carried out by Hamas.

https://themedialine.org/top-stories/hamas-sacrifices-gaza-children-and-unrwa-complicit-in-crimes/

What don't you understand about the present tense? Do you think it encompasses all time subsequent to Oct 7?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Before the war, according to this UN official, 450 trucks were entering Gaza daily. 

Denying the human suffering and starvation in Gaza and posting bogus pictures of markets full of products is utterly despicable and contradicts the facts on the ground.

U.N. official compares aid trucks reaching Gaza before and after war (nbcnews.com)  

Well COGAT is claiming that for food deliveries only. That said, I haven't been able to find confirmation of their claim of 70 trucks for food anywhere. What I do know is that there is no potable water on tap in Gaza. So all drinking water has to be imported. I'm assuming that's included in their figures.

Given that COGAT has denied that there is any starvation in Gaza, why should anyone give them the benefit of the doubt?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Actually I heard around 500 trucks a day, but that was for ALL supplies. The graphic referred is for food.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well COGAT is claiming that for food deliveries only. That said, I haven't been able to find confirmation of their claim of 70 trucks for food anywhere. What I do know is that there is no potable water on tap in Gaza. So all drinking water has to be imported. I'm assuming that's included in their figures.

Given that COGAT has denied that there is any starvation in Gaza, why should anyone give them the benefit of the doubt?

In other words you cant disprove their claim.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What don't you understand about the present tense? Do you think it encompasses all time subsequent to Oct 7?

Ok so confirmed, being picky, you failed to answer my question, why on earth do you think I need to go ahead and reply......

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

In other words you cant disprove their claim.

Nor can you prove it. And you're the one who brought it up as evidence.

And I notice you didn't address the issue of water. Drinking water is even more crucial to survival than food. No mention of how much of those shipments is water.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Why allow aid into Gaza? Most Gazans support and succor Hamas. Have been for years. Allowed Hamas to use international aid to build terror tunnels, used smugglers to bring in weapons, even let Hamas use their homes to imprison innocent hostages.  I can see no reason for them to receive any aid at all.  

But,but,but in this case it's different.  In appreciation, the Palestinians will turn against their masters, Hamas. They will ensure Hamas does not receive any of this aid. 

In reality, this is the kind of logic that loses wars.

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Nor can you prove it. And you're the one who brought it up as evidence.

And I notice you didn't address the issue of water. Drinking water is even more crucial to survival than food. No mention of how much of those shipments is water.

Nor can I prove it? Why on earth would I need to prove it, its from a gov source, its a credible link. Thats how things work here.

Besides which, the UN first stated it needed only 100 per day

UN puts Gaza humanitarian aid need at 100 trucks per day. 

“We need to start with a serious number of trucks going in and we need to build up to 100 trucks a day,” the UN’s Emergency Relief Coordinator Martin Griffiths tells CNN Europe.

“That used to be the case of the aid program going into Gaza,” he added, even before the past two weeks of heightened unrest following the Hamas attack which killed some 1,400 people in Israel and the Israeli riposte which has left some 3,500 dead in Gaza.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/un-puts-gaza-humanitarian-aid-need-at-100-trucks-per-day/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What question was that?

Oh dear

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

• Thanks 1

Without getting bogged down with the number of trucks before and after the war, there is no doubt there is undeniable and unprecedented food shortages edging mass starvation.

Obviously, we not only food shortage but shortages of clean water, medicine, babu formula, electricity....basically everything

This fact should not be disputed by any human being. WE are not idiots, and we see videos of what is happening.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Danny Australia said:

Without getting bogged down with the number of trucks before and after the war, there is no doubt there is undeniable and unprecedented food shortages edging mass starvation.

Obviously, we not only food shortage but shortages of clean water, medicine, babu formula, electricity....basically everything

This fact should not be disputed by any human being. WE are not idiots, and we see videos of what is happening.  

Has anyone been denying that? Its a war zone, there are huge problems.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh dear

Well, they did all close by Nov 11. And today's date is January 16. So how does a closure that occurred more than 2 months ago, somehow mena that schools were open today? 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nor can I prove it? Why on earth would I need to prove it, its from a gov source, its a credible link. Thats how things work here.

Besides which, the UN first stated it needed only 100 per day

UN puts Gaza humanitarian aid need at 100 trucks per day. 

“We need to start with a serious number of trucks going in and we need to build up to 100 trucks a day,” the UN’s Emergency Relief Coordinator Martin Griffiths tells CNN Europe.

“That used to be the case of the aid program going into Gaza,” he added, even before the past two weeks of heightened unrest following the Hamas attack which killed some 1,400 people in Israel and the Israeli riposte which has left some 3,500 dead in Gaza.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/un-puts-gaza-humanitarian-aid-need-at-100-trucks-per-day/

Because governments don't lie when it's in their interest? As I pointed out, COGAT also claimed that there is no starvation in Gaza. The US government says differently. How do you reconcile that with "its from a gov source, its a credible link."

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

This is not just a friendly argument.  This is about playing for keeps and nice guys come out last.  Speaking of idiots.......

• Like 2

Just now, placeholder said:

Well, they did all close by Nov 11. And today's date is January 16. So how does a closure that occurred more than 2 months ago, somehow mena that schools were open today? 

Ministry of education does not control UN run schools, when did they all close?