Netanyahu rejects claims accusing Israel of genocide in Gaza

CharlieH

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is interesting. In March, 2023, the Islamic Fatwa Council issued a FATWA directly BLAMING Hamas for the oppression of Palestinians in Gaza and calling on the terrorist group to make peace with Israel. The first of its kind religious edict stated that Hamas is a TERRORIST org which VIOLATES the tenets of Islam and that Muslims SHOULD NOT “pray for, support, finance or fight on behalf of Hamas.” 

The ruling enumerated 11 correlations between Hamas and ISIS, including the use of suicide bombers, missile attacks against civilians; torture or inhuman treatment by Hamas personnel; unjust imprisonment; use of child soldiers, and genocidal aspirations, in the case of Hamas annihilating the Jews.

Senior Muslim Clerics Issue Fatwa Against Hamas

The Islamic Fatwa Council is a judicial body that specializes in Islamic law, represents both Sunnis and Shiites, and is chaired by Grand Ayatollah Shaikh Fadhil al-Budairi. Among several key mission objectives, the council says it strives to “reclaim the Islamic legal system from extremists, Islamists, and supporters of terrorism.” The fatwa is the first against Hamas by an accredited Islamic legal body.

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/03/13/senior-muslim-clerics-issue-fatwa-against-hamas/

Fatwas are a dime a dozen. Basically, any religious Muslim leader can issue one, although they usually come from some organization (council, university, and such). There are a whole lot of fatwas around, how much traction they get is more to do with the issue involved and the stature of the issuing body. The same, by the way, applies for Jews, especially with regard to Orthodox Jews and the more political right-wing ones.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Morch said:

Fatwas are a dime a dozen. Basically, any religious Muslim leader can issue one, although they usually come from some organization (council, university, and such). There are a whole lot of fatwas around, how much traction they get is more to do with the issue involved and the stature of the issuing body. The same, by the way, applies for Jews, especially with regard to Orthodox Jews and the more political right-wing ones.

So what's going to happen when the ICJ issue's it's findings on the case of genocide against Israel from South Africa, or will that be a million dollar question?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

So what's going to happen when the ICJ issue's it's findings on the case of genocide against Israel from South Africa, or will that be a million dollar question?

I guess you thought you meant something, don't know what it might be.

And, as usual, nothing to do with the post replied to.

• Like 1

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

The evidence is very strong against Netanyahu; I was ridiculed when I suggested Genocide 2/3 month ago, but now most of the world, bar Israel, and Jewish Americans believe it is going on -  even the President of the US said there was 'indiscriminate bombing'. Even the US Secretary of State has said too many civilians(of whom are mostly women and children) are being killed. And these are the guys responsible for giving the weapons to Israel, all the $$ and stopping a ceasefire! Yet, hardline Israel supporters will never admit this is going on, despite all the evidence. The latest the Israeli president subject to criminal complaints. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/switzerland-says-israeli-president-subject-criminal-complaints-davos-2024-01-19/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

The evidence is very strong against Netanyahu; I was ridiculed when I suggested Genocide 2/3 month ago, but now most of the world, bar Israel, and Jewish Americans believe it is going on -  even the President of the US said there was 'indiscriminate bombing'. Even the US Secretary of State has said too many civilians(of whom are mostly women and children) are being killed. And these are the guys responsible for giving the weapons to Israel, all the $$ and stopping a ceasefire! Yet, hardline Israel supporters will never admit this is going on, despite all the evidence. The latest the Israeli president subject to criminal complaints. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/switzerland-says-israeli-president-subject-criminal-complaints-davos-2024-01-19/

It was not Switzerland that made a criminal complaint, but probably SA and its handful of followers. Where is this strong evidence? 

"but now most of the world, bar Israel, and Jewish Americans believe it is going on"

More nonsense

On 1/19/2024 at 7:12 PM, Jeff the Chef said:

As long as the US uses it's veto in the UN, nothing will happen, IMO. The israelis will likely just ignore it.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As long as the US uses it's veto in the UN, nothing will happen, IMO. The israelis will likely just ignore it.

@thaibeachlovers

You seem to assume the ICJ would decidedly rule against Israel. I'm not sure why you think that the USA can 'veto' it. Further, this isn't so much about Israel, as it is about what other countries will do.

But what if the ICJ does not rule against Israel, or makes some sort of non-committal ruling? Do you suppose this would go down well with you haters? 

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, a thing I hate to be, there's an excellent article in The Atlantic by a reporter who covers the Israeli right and not from a favorable perspective. He claims convincingly, well, to me at least, that the statements from Israeli leaders, including those from Netanyahu and Gallant, purporting to be genocidal, were actually either mistranslations, the result of elisions or misunderstandings of which biblical passages are being alluded to.

Here are links:

https://archive.ph/GV14c

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2024/01/israel-south-africa-genocide-case-fake-quotes/677198/

• Haha 2

“I stopped the cash suitcases because I believe that horrendous mistake – to allow Hamas to have all these suitcases full of cash, that goes directly to reordering themselves against Israelis. Why would we feed them cash to kill us?” Bennett asked.

The cash payments stopped, but the transfer of funds to Gaza continued under Bennett’s leadership, according to the New York Times.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/11/middleeast/qatar-hamas-funds-israel-backing-intl/index.html

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

“I stopped the cash suitcases because I believe that horrendous mistake – to allow Hamas to have all these suitcases full of cash, that goes directly to reordering themselves against Israelis. Why would we feed them cash to kill us?” Bennett asked.

The cash payments stopped, but the transfer of funds to Gaza continued under Bennett’s leadership, according to the New York Times.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/11/middleeast/qatar-hamas-funds-israel-backing-intl/index.html

What is that to do with your claim that Hamas would not exist without him. It started without him, it would continue without him. 

still need a link 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

What is that to do with your claim that Hamas would not exist without him. It started without him, it would continue without him. 

still need a link 

How does any entity survive without money?

Just now, coolcarer said:

With millions from Iran and millions from its overseas businesses. Have you gone to the Hamas finance topic yet?

You'd need a link for that.

I stand by my accusation. Most reasonable people would question whether Hamas could have survived without the money from Qatar and without Netanyahu's help. I'm guessing it's part of the reason why masses are demonstrating in Tel Aviv and calling for Netanyahu to go.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Plenty of those. You need to learn the basics on this war

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hamas-needed-a-new-way-to-get-money-from-iran-it-turned-to-crypto-739619aa

Iran has long been Hamas's primary benefactor, with the U.S. putting regular funding from Tehran at roughly $100 million a year. Hamas also has earned income from a global investment portfolio, raised money through charitable organizations, and skimmed off funds from official foreign aid and tax revenues in Gaza

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

Plenty of those. You need to learn the basics on this war

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hamas-needed-a-new-way-to-get-money-from-iran-it-turned-to-crypto-739619aa

Iran has long been Hamas's primary benefactor, with the U.S. putting regular funding from Tehran at roughly $100 million a year. Hamas also has earned income from a global investment portfolio, raised money through charitable organizations, and skimmed off funds from official foreign aid and tax revenues in Gaza

Qatar funding was 30 million a month, 4 times what you quoted. In addition to other moneys which flowed in according to Naftali Bennett.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Israel had been allowing millions in Qatari cash to flow through Israeli crossings into Gaza on a monthly basis since 2018, in order to maintain a fragile ceasefire with Hamas. As of early 2021, some $30 million in cash was being delivered in suitcases to Gaza each month through an Israeli-controlled crossing.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/qatar-restarts-distributing-aid-to-needy-gazans-minus-the-suitcases-of-cash/

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Israel had been allowing millions in Qatari cash to flow through Israeli crossings into Gaza on a monthly basis since 2018, in order to maintain a fragile ceasefire with Hamas. As of early 2021, some $30 million in cash was being delivered in suitcases to Gaza each month through an Israeli-controlled crossing.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/qatar-restarts-distributing-aid-to-needy-gazans-minus-the-suitcases-of-cash/

Why are you posting that in the wrong topic? 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, ozimoron said:

How does any entity survive without money?

@ozimoron

Several sources where funds came from. You focus exclusively on one of them.

On an on. Regardless of which topic you're posting on.

You do not seem to care that much about what Hamas did with the money, though.

Edited by Morch
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I stand by my accusation. Most reasonable people would question whether Hamas could have survived without the money from Qatar and without Netanyahu's help. I'm guessing it's part of the reason why masses are demonstrating in Tel Aviv and calling for Netanyahu to go.

@ozimoron

You do not speak for 'most reasonable people', you're making a bogus claim about something you have no clue about.

You do not know how much a terrorist organization needs to 'survive'.

• Like 1

my understanding , is Bibi supported Hamas, in order to divide& rule, the West Bank from Gaza, and at some point, give the extreme right Zion ethic-cleansing to have an excuse,

if you read the ICJ report or even Israel's constitution, its as plain as day, its and extreme ethno-racist state, which has gotten worse, when they removed the restrictions on who can be an Officer in the IDF (IOF as some call it).

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, mooping20Baht said:

my understanding , is Bibi supported Hamas, in order to divide& rule, the West Bank from Gaza, and at some point, give the extreme right Zion ethic-cleansing to have an excuse,

if you read the ICJ report or even Israel's constitution, its as plain as day, its and extreme ethno-racist state, which has gotten worse, when they removed the restrictions on who can be an Officer in the IDF (IOF as some call it).

Your understanding is lacking. The 'ethnic cleansing' bit is something you claim, kinda doubt you could demonstrate it got anything to do with Netanyahu's motives.

Israel does not have a constitution.

I've no idea what you're on about with the 'remove the restrictions' bit. Or what does 'IOF' is supposed to stand for, probably just another lame flaming attempt.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, mooping20Baht said:

The situation only got this bad after the far right religious nutcases gained control of the Israeli government at the last election.

Netanyahu was reelected less than a year ago and formed a government by aligning with ultranationalists and religious conservatives.

Tal Schneider, the political and diplomatic correspondent for The Times of Israel, told NPR that Netanyahu's appointment of two controversial figures into his Cabinet intensified tensions within Israeli politics.

"He nominated someone who was convicted for eight times in inciting violence against Arabs," Schneider said, referring to Itamar Ben-Gvir, the minister of national security.

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/11/1204923717/israel-gaza-hamas-palestinian-war

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1