Thailand Maps for SatNav

MangoKorat

I may have asked this question before but I can't find it - getting old :biggrin:.

I have 2 old Satnavs - 1 Garmin and 1 Tomtom.

Garmin is a Nuvi 205 WT - can't find the Tomtom at the moment but its around 12 years old.

They both have UK/Europe mapping installed.  Garmin want almost as much as a new SatNav costs and are not clear on what is available for Thailand - could just be city maps. I haven't yet checked with Tomtom but I guess they are not much different.

What I would like to do is install Thai mapping that works as if the device had been bought in Thailand.

Is such a thing available at a not stupid price?  I'd prefer genuine but I'm not stuck on that as long as it works and doesn't damage my device.

Yes, I know I can use Google on my phone but I don't want that - someone always calls me at a crucial time when I'm trying to choose which of 18 lanes to choose in the middle of Bangkok at the same time as I'm trying to deal with mad Thai 'lane changing' drivers.

And yes, I know a new or s/h Satnav is not that expensive but I already have these 2 devices and would like to put one of them to good use - there are far too many unused devices out there, not good for the planet.

I believe that it may be possible to get such maps on something called a torrent??? Not familiar with these things, are they safe? Where and what are they?

On 1/4/2024 at 11:25 PM, MangoKorat said:

and are not clear on what is available for Thailand - could just be city maps.

I just did a quick search and first result was https://www.garminworldmaps.com/product/thailand-garmin-map/

At 14.95 euros.....

From memory the Thai maps on my Garmin Nuvi bought here are called City Navigator but cover all of Thailand

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, topt said:

From memory the Thai maps on my Garmin Nuvi bought here are called City Navigator but cover all of Thailand

Thanks for that.  Yes, I've seen City Navigator but I wasn't sure if it only included cities and not the whole country.  Besides that, its around £100.