Foreign man arrested for sexually harassing teenage Thai girl

webfact

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He's the mother's boyfriend, not the girl's!

Yes understood....but is the mothers story/motives in this true....we don,t know for sure.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

Take the child away from the mother since she clearly can't look after children.  Let the man go due to lack of evidence.

Where has there been a lack of evidence reported in this case that allegedly happened only a few hours ago?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, petermik said:
14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He's the mother's boyfriend, not the girl's!

Yes understood....but is the mothers story/motives in this true....we don,t know for sure.

It's not known that they are not true, either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

A lot of people commentating here are forgetting the basics of law in a civilized society: innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

That was my point.

Especially in Lieland.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

A lot of people commentating here are forgetting the basics of law in a civilized society: innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

How do you prove such a case? For me, if the hotel records / CCTV show that he did have a room and take her there, then its enough, there's no good reason for it.

What occured in the room becomes 'he said, she said'.  Very hard to establish facts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Seems like his is only with the mother ,to get with the daughter , 

regards Worgeordie

Totally agree - 

The statistics on the sexual abuse of children are staggering. Some estimates place the incidence as high as 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused before their 18th birthday (Aust. Institute of Criminology, 1993). And these are only the reported cases.

Children who live with a single parent that has a live-in partner are at the highest risk of sexual abuse: they are 20 times more likely to be victims of sexual abuse than children living with both biological parents (Sedlack et al, 2010).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A delusional statement, possibly due to "the belief of believing" [sic] that it’s okay to assume guilt without a conclusion to the case.

The guy is going down, it wouldn’t be a story unless there wasn’t any video evidence and/or witness accounts of her being there. Inviting a minor into a hotel room, it’s enough for me. 

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

There may be much more to this story than what is being reported....if it is true what is being alleged then the guy should have his nuts removed....until such time speculation is irrelevant.

• Like 1

This is terrible if true, but it isn't so uncommon as people believe.

When I was teaching oral English classes at the university, there were several stories from the students of Thai men meeting single mothers and then sexually assaulting their daughters. The mothers were either so blindly in love with the guys or desperate for their money that they nearly always refused to believe the daughters.

This case may well be different and I am keeping an open mind.

1 hour ago, peter zwart said:

Difficult one. If the guy realy had bad intentions as the story tells........Bangkok Hilton. But the money sickness with Thai people could also be in the game. He already was the boyfriend of the girl???? Why didnt mom end this relationship in an earlier stage????

Learn to read 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, novacova said:
2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Quite the assumption, maybe the girl is lying?

A delusional statement, possibly due to the belief of believing that it’s okay to hit on adolescents.

It's her vs. his statement. However, luring a young girl to a private hotel room says enough about the guy's intentions.

• Confused 1

a couple of years ago i was going on a trip with the gf of the time, she had a 14 year old daughter and was adamant that the girl would not only share our room, but share our bed. no chance, i only agreed to go if i had my own room. the gf was not happy but agreed. it was a bizarre situation.

Several years ago the boyfriend of the mother of one of my 12 or 13 year old students tried to rape her (the student, not the mom).  Her mother stabbed him through the heart.  Fortunately the mother didn't spend a day in jail and the daughter has grown up with no problems.

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Boyfriend of the mom, not the girl. People really need to learn to read before commenting. 

The quality of forum members speaks volumes about their past. Most are rejects in their own societies and had to travel 10,000 miles to live like refugees (year-to-year contracts) in a foreign land, possibly using a "wify" visa. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

The quality of forum members speaks volumes about their past. Most are rejects in their own societies and had to travel 10,000 miles to live like refugees (year-to-year contracts) in a foreign land, possibly using a "wify" visa. 

And there are millions back home who would love to be "rejected" and be able to live in Thailand .

Some are back home literally freezing and would love even a short holiday to Thailand 

Nothing makes much sense in this article:

"in the early hours of the morning"....

-a mother allows her daughter to go to mom's boyfriend's hotel room, "because boyfriend is going to take the daughter somewhere to look for a job"...in the early hours of the morning? What sort of job for a 16 year old?

-a foreign guy thinks it's okay to have a 16 year old girl come into his hotel room "in the early hours of the morning"? In what universe is that okay?

It's either a poorly written and detailed article, or ain't nobody innocent in this sordid mess.

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was referring to the guy in the story , do you think that it is acceptable for him to have sex with his partners 16 year old Daughter ?

I was referring to the guy in the story , Baulking at having sex when the lady has the painters in.

I mentioned nothing of a 16yr old girl, but you  have.... thats disgusting you weird pervert.

29 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Nothing makes much sense in this article:

"in the early hours of the morning"....

Many hotels run 24/7 and have shift changes at odd hours.