Biden slams Trump for Capitol riot in 2024 campaign speech

CharlieH

56 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Biden seems to be going downhill. Yesterday, he was randomly talking about magnets, and he said "drop a magnet in water. End of the magnet."

Cognitive decline.

A link to that would be helpful...  It hasn't made it to Bing yet, and Google is blocked here. 

And, fair is fair...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, impulse said:

A link to that would be helpful...  It hasn't made it to Bing yet, and Google is blocked here. 

And, fair is fair...

The poster you quoted seems to be losing it. He ascribed a speech by Trump to Biden.

I found a link for you, though it could very well be a fake link as it's not on any main stream site that I could find.

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/trump-weighs-in-on-magnets-and-his-potential-hesitancy-for-putting-on-pants

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pity that Biden apparently has nothing positive to say as to why voters should elect him,

First I reject the contention that Bjden has nothing positive to say concerning the issue why they should elect him. If you really believe that he has not, you  are ether not paying attentions, or your definition of " positive" is different than most peoples. 

But even if we concede that he has not. 

No need.

As unfortunate as it is , everyone with half a brain knows why they should elect Biden over trump , I am sure you do also. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

First I reject the contention that Bjden has nothing positive to say concerning the issue why they should elect him. If you really believe that he has not, you  are ether not paying attentions, or your definition of " positive" is different than most peoples. 

But even if we concede that he has not. 

No need.

As unfortunate as it is , everyone with half a brain knows why they should elect Biden over trump , I am sure you do also. 

If I could and it was a choice between Trump and Biden, I'd vote for Trump, because I think Biden has been a worse president than Trump was.

I suppose those that would vote for Biden think the same though visa versa.

If Bernie was the Democrat candidate, I'd vote for him, despite him being very old.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I could and it was a choice between Trump and Biden, I'd vote for Trump, because I think Biden has been a worse president than Trump was

Unlike other nations who derive  their cohesion from a common ethnic identity the US  being a nation of immigrants derives it's cohesion from a tacit trust in it's institutions and that for the most part they work fairly for all. It is the binding core in what we consider the USA to be,

trump has done more to degrade such institutions than anyone and anything in the history of the United States of America, 

There are few  things that I don't like about Biden and if better options existed I would opt for such, but all the negatives attributed to Biden pale in comparison to those exhibited by trump.

He represents an existential danger to the concept on America, where the undesirable elements attributed to Biden do not. 

I believe it was Sun Tzu in the art of war who said (please correct me if I am wrong).  

In the absence of no good options  the least harmful option is the best.

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pity that Biden apparently has nothing positive to say as to why voters should elect him,

If there are any positives, I'm sorry but I can't think of any off hand.

You must not be paying much attention to the news.

Unemployment and the price of gas are coming down.

Inflation is coming down.

Wages are up.

US manufacturing is way up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I could and it was a choice between Trump and Biden, I'd vote for Trump, because I think Biden has been a worse president than Trump was.

I suppose those that would vote for Biden think the same though visa versa.

If Bernie was the Democrat candidate, I'd vote for him, despite him being very old.

Lots of people voted for Hitler because they thought Hindenburg was too old.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, impulse said:

Just watched part of the speech.  I wonder if he realizes how creepy he sounded coming back to the mic with the "I understand power".

MSM, via his handlers, will probably walk it back and claim he was saying "I like ice cream"

So now you are posting news from Pravda?

• Like 2

Just now, Danderman123 said:

So now you are posting news from Pravda?

I had never been to Pravda, up until Candide posted his link. 

But I do peruse some right wing stuff that jumped all over the "I understand power" like ducks on a june bug.  You'll have to look for them yourself, because those links usual get taken down by the mods, along with the rest of the post.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

No difference if you get your material directly from Pravda, or indirectly. You need to ask yourself why you are spreading propaganda from the Russians.

Putin's goal is to re-establish the USSR. Why do you choose to help him?

So, if I see some news on Fox or CNN, I need to make sure it's not on Russian media before I link to it?

Does that mean I'm not supposed to discuss the Boeing 737 Max9 thing, because that's all over Russian media.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, impulse said:

So, if I see some news on Fox or CNN, I need to make sure it's not on Russian media before I link to it?

Does that mean I'm not supposed to discuss the Boeing 737 Max9 thing, because that's all over Russian media.

Why would you even bother with Pravda?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why would you even bother with Pravda?

As I stated, I don't.  Candide's link was the first time I ever visited the Pravda website.  Based on what I found, I don't ever have to go back.

But I do looks for news from RT, AlJazeera and some other sources unfriendly to the USA.  If only to understand what they're thinking and what they're peddling.  And sometimes, they beat the MSM by hours (in the case of the 737-9Max incident, for example).

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, impulse said:

Use common sense: Your anti-Biden talking points generally come from Russian sources.

The real question is why your opinion so closely aligns with Russian propaganda.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Use common sense: Your anti-Biden talking points generally come from Russian sources.

The real question is why your opinion so closely aligns with Russian propaganda.

Not hardly.  I still remember when my Russian grandfather went to visit his brothers and sisters in the old country.  Mid '70s, after he'd been gone over 60 years.  We asked him how it was and he just said "Quit complaining and pay your taxes.  We have it good here".

Regarding Biden, my opinion aligns with 58% of my countrymen.  And I believe in the democratic process.  Not in lawfare. 

polling.jpg.01fb925af867b91355ed06733f8537d8.jpg

But then, until earlier this year, I lived in the USA for 4 years.  Most of the guys posting here haven't been on the ground, living there, in years (if ever).   If I read only the MSM, I'd probably think he was the 2nd coming of Jesus.  I know better, from personal experience.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Something else interesting from this speech was how Biden is 'handled'. Jill now comes on stage to take him by the hand and show him where to exit. So he can totter off without looking lost and confused.  

Also that the uber serious mantra of "beware January 6" is becoming an accepted part of the leftist catechism. It is becoming a yearly event, marked by furrowed brows and serious head nodding.

I must say though, it does show the strength of America's institutions that it could survive both a Trump AND a Biden presidency and stay intact.  Bravo my cousins!

• Confused 1

Here's a link to the magnets thing.

https://www.salon.com/2024/01/06/presents-interesting-theory-on-how-magnets-work-during-rally-in-iowa/

There is also a whopper out there about him saying he wanted the military to use "automatic weapons" on the 1/6 crowd; he posted it on his own website, the news  sites picked it up and it was disappeared immediately.

So, these are "my people, they won't hurt me" and at the same time they were antifa in disguise as rednecks as coordinated by Pelosi.  How are his patriot choir guys taking this automatic weapons news?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

But here's the difference. 

We disagree with Biden voters, sure.  But we don't accuse them of having half a brain, or being deplorable.  And we don't try to bar them from voting for their candidate, even if he is demonstrably crooked and has dementia.

Sure.

"Lock her up!".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Not hardly.  I still remember when my Russian grandfather went to visit his brothers and sisters in the old country.  Mid '70s, after he'd been gone over 60 years.  We asked him how it was and he just said "Quit complaining and pay your taxes.  We have it good here".

Regarding Biden, my opinion aligns with 58% of my countrymen.  And I believe in the democratic process.  Not in lawfare. 

polling.jpg.01fb925af867b91355ed06733f8537d8.jpg

But then, until earlier this year, I lived in the USA for 4 years.  Most of the guys posting here haven't been on the ground, living there, in years (if ever).   If I read only the MSM, I'd probably think he was the 2nd coming of Jesus.  I know better, from personal experience.

You've been posting links to dodgy 'news' cites long before that.