Suvarnabhumi Automated Passport Gates Not Available for Visa Holders with Re-Entry Permits?

20 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Hardly taking one "for the team".  You are still the only one that raised this issue and you are the only one to see the sign (which was obviously not there when you just used the gates).

Self created issue that you now want to be a hero by daring to use the exit gates designed for that purpose 😆 

The sign was definitely gone yesterday.

We'll see what happens when I go through Immigration on my return.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2024 at 4:08 AM, Danderman123 said:

Okay, I took one for the team, and used the automated gate to go through Immigration.

No idea what will happen when I return to Thailand, whether my re-entry permit is still valid.

Do you already know when you will return, so that we can look out for your report of how it went? I figure that many readers are interested and a hopefully second report of a positive outcome will help allay their hesitance to use the automated departure procedure.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

Do you already know when you will return, so that we can look out for your report of how it went? I figure that many readers are interested and a hopefully second report of a positive outcome will help allay their hesitance to use the automated departure procedure.

June 5

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, jphasia said:

So far no. I am on 1 year extension with multi re-entry permit. I exited through the automated gate last month in Suvanabhuni airport. Re-enter a week after at Phuket international airport and several times more since and no issues at all.

This confirms this thread has just been spreading false news

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@Maestro @DrJack54

Do we really need to wait to close this thread until OP returns on 5th June?

OP started the ridiculous rumour that exiting automatic gates could invalidate a re-entry permit based on a sign only he saw. Common sense says this can't be true as how does an automated gate invalidate a re-entry stamp in a passport? The above post also confirms this is not true.

Maybe OP saw a sign that said "please make sure you have a re-entry permit before using exit gates", who knows but I'm really surprised Aseannow let's a false news story go on for so long...why?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Understand the point you are making.

Thread can run its course and close early June. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

@Maestro @DrJack54

Yes, this topic will remain open.

The OP was genuinely concerned, and so were others. The more positive reports we get, the more foreigners with a re-entry permit will be encouraged to take advantage of this useful service.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am the person who posted the original story, and tonight, I return to Thailand. When I departed Thailand, I used the automated gate, so I don't have an exit stamp in my passport.

I will see if the Immigration officer has a problem with my re-entry permit, due to the lack of an exit stamp. Or whether my re-entry permit has been cancelled.

Report tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I went through Immigration 

tonight, no problem at all. 

Whatever problem existed in January with the automated gate is fixed now.

Simple, there was no problem in January. You are still the only one to post there was a perceived problem so thankfully you have now proved your perception was wrong 😆 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I went through Immigration 

tonight, no problem at all. 

Whatever problem existed in January with the automated gate is fixed now.

A bigger man would just admit that this "problem" only existed in his head and not in actual fact.

There have never been any reports of anyone leaving and having trouble getting back in.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1