2024 requirements for health/Covid insurance for tourist

I will be entering on a 30 day stamp  which I intend to extend while in country.  My total stay will be 42 days - return flight to USA booked.  Am I required to have health/Covid insurance for entry?   Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Regarding the onward flight ....

You do have a return flight.

If any difficulty obtaining boarding pass you could ask to see supervisor and explain that you intend to obtain a 30 day extension or step away from check in and book rent a flight on site such as "onwardticket.com" $15usd.

Thank you for this information.  I didn’t consider this situation arising but thanks to your post I will have a plan if it happens Thanks again.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Regarding the onward flight ....

You do have a return flight.

If any difficulty obtaining boarding pass you could ask to see supervisor and explain that you intend to obtain a 30 day extension or step away from check in and book rent a flight on site such as "onwardticket.com" $15usd.

Good info, thanks.

American, retired in Thailand 12 years. While health/medical insurance is not required, I would strongly recommend getting insurance to cover the time of your travel. Well worth the cost should mishap occur (more likely than illness).My Son came to visit for a month (ended up staying a year). During the time, broken arm … fortunately I had purchased medical insurance which covered the cost of care.

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why are people still asking about covid insurance for entering Thailand? It hasn't been a thing for 2 years now (in any country)

Because asking questions is how one learns. Better to check than to be caught by surprise. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why are people still asking about covid insurance for entering Thailand? It hasn't been a thing for 2 years now (in any country)

In case you end up in hospital with Cov19 (some ppl still do) insurance is convenient. Can be covered by your travel policy.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Letseng said:

In case you end up in hospital with Cov19 (some ppl still do) insurance is convenient. Can be covered by your travel policy.

OP asked is covid insurance required, no it is not.

As for should you get travel insurance, thats a different question and totally up to an individual in what they feel comfortable with. Me, I've never bothered in 40 years travelling around the World

Edited by Pattaya57

On 1/9/2024 at 3:41 PM, New Yorker said:

I will be entering on a 30 day stamp  which I intend to extend while in country.  My total stay will be 42 days - return flight to USA booked.  Am I required to have health/Covid insurance for entry?   Thanks in advance.

No but you WILL be required to drop your pants, bend over and show them your injection site. Beware of the ladyboys in uniform with their "scansticks".