Cheapest/Best Way to Water My Lawn? (not including water price)

GammaGlobulin

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are Dramm water sprinkler products any good....because I think I have seen this brand on Lazada....

For example...is this Good...or....Garbage?

And, the price appears to be rather high, too.

image.png.55b65185ed23f660ee07d2adc95e21a2.png

Just go to the garden centre ,and  get one made out of blue pipe , works well

and very cheap about 90 Baht ,get 2 ..... 

regards worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Just go to the garden centre ,and  get one made out of blue pipe , works well

and very cheap about 90 Baht ,get 2 ..... 

regards worgeordie

OK.  I WILL!!!

I have about 5 water outlets on the walls around the house. So, if these are good, then I will just get 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

OK.  I WILL!!!

I have about 5 water outlets on the walls around the house. So, if these are good, then I will just get 4.

But have you the water pressure to run 4 outlets at the same time ? the water pressure

at our house  i can piss harder ,

regards woreordie 

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

But have you the water pressure to run 4 outlets at the same time ? the water pressure

at our house  i can piss harder ,

regards woreordie 

Well....I cannot say for sure, because I have never tested the water pressure with a pressure gauge or flow gauge.

However, you can probably guess what it is if you think of a typical Bt.7000 water pump here in Thailand made by either Hitachi or Mitsubishi....

Flow rate is quite good.

However, I have not tested for pressure.

In some homes, you can stop the water flow from the tap just with your thumb and light pressure.

But, as I say....This is a new Mitsubishi/Hitachi Bt.7000 pump.

10 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Yes but which whizzy sprinkler unit? There are just so many choices.  Oh I guess it is not such a serious matter to become greatly concerned about.  We can't really take an OP who does not know how to water a lawn seriously can we?

Yes one of those people who tells everyone how smart he is but can not fix a tire.

Would a very high IQ Japanese girl know how to water a lawn?

6 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes one of those people who tells everyone how smart he is but can not fix a tire.

Would a very high IQ Japanese girl know how to water a lawn?

Maybe not the girls who have never ventured outside of Tokyo city.

And, the smart country girls use different methods to water rice.

Few smart country girls in Japan have lawns, at least I have not seen any so far.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Maybe not the girls who have never ventured outside of Tokyo city.

And, the smart country girls use different methods to water rice.

Few smart country girls in Japan have lawns, at least I have not seen any so far.

How would you know, when it is obvious that you aren't in Japan

44 minutes ago, BenStark said:

How would you know, when it is obvious that you aren't in Japan

First time in Japan was 1971, February.

I did not see one lawn in Yokohama.

Even on the outskirts of Tokyo, near the new airport, in 1979, January, I saw no lawns.

There are almost no lawns in Taiwan, as well.

https://realjapanesegardens.wordpress.com/2017/06/23/japanese-lawn-in-comparison-with-western-lawns/

Land is very expensive in Japan.

image.png.b7fb9b318c465854de0e0894b9dc633c.png

This looks nothing like my lawn during the Hot Season...

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 6:50 AM, Crossy said:

a hose with one of those portable whizzy sprinkler units on the end has to be the cheapest / easiest solution.

I,ve got one of those.

It's called Mrs. Muhendis.

She's not so whizzy these days but can still do a good spin from time to time.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Muhendis said:

I,ve got one of those.

It's called Mrs. Muhendis.

She's not so whizzy these days but can still do a good spin from time to time.

Upon first reading his comment, I thought he had written: a horse with one of those portable whizzy sprinkler units on the end has to be the cheapest

I am in need of reading glasses, but a horse around here would be good.

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2024 at 9:30 AM, Crossy said:

Sounds useful, can you post a photo please?

I bet some place in China is banging them out, just got to find it.

I looked everywhere on the net and just cannot find a unit or even an image.  It was basically an adjustable orbiting system - there was sprigs that you could push up/down to make each direction as it spun around go short or long distance.  People in the village used to come and looks at it - it was great. But maybe they are prone to problems so they dropped them - I was always adjusting it every few weeks.

I think this system below does the same thing - but looks more robust - thanks to @GammaGlobulin

Amazon.com : Orbit 56805 Precision Arc Gear Drive Sprinkler with Adjustable Knobs, Gray : Patio, Lawn & Garden

On 1/11/2024 at 11:02 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

That sounds like an upscale version of one of theseIMG_8125.jpeg.494f93bfb398c8ac869d0f66f4a53d5e.jpeg

I looked everywhere on the net and just cannot find a unit or even an image.  It was basically an adjustable orbiting system - there was sprigs that you could push up/down to make each direction as it spun around go short or long distance.  People in the village used to come and looks at it - it was great. But maybe they are prone to problems so they dropped them - I was always adjusting it every few weeks.

I think this system below does the same thing - but looks more robust - thanks to @GammaGlobulin

Amazon.com : Orbit 56805 Precision Arc Gear Drive Sprinkler with Adjustable Knobs, Gray : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Just now, TroubleandGrumpy said: