New Covid JN.1 Strain Sweeping Thailand

webfact

On 1/11/2024 at 2:20 PM, Deez said:

These "new" Covid variant articles are about as interesting as the latest daily tourist projections

Yeah , I hear you. I'm off to read another income tax thread to cheer myself up.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, greg71 said:

Even chula and rangsit unis have come out today and said that the so called vaccines cause deaths and serious illnesses , along with them saying the government has concealed the excess deaths of the population . Check out BP online as its the headline article at the moment . 

No . What they said is that they may cause disease and death.  Not that they definately do .

They add that the vaccines ' might let hidden diseases surface .

This is not categorical. A bit like with Covid itself. It may cause death but then again in most people it probably won't.

There are certain potential side effects of COVID vaccines that have been well documented by researchers / health authorities around the world, although all the available evidence thus far says those are VERY rare and the risks of those are far, far exceeded by the risks from COVID.

Since the vaccines became available in late 2020, more than 12 BILLION doses have been administered around the world. If something more problematic were occurring with them, you wouldn't necessarily expect the notion of that to surface out of the blue three-plus years later from two doctors in Thailand.

If something is going on, have the Thai doctors involved written up their findings for medical journal review and publication (no mention of that in the BP article)? And what's the evidence, if any, for their claim that some unstated / unknown parties are allegedly suppressing some kind of problematic findings?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There are certain potential side effects of COVID vaccines that have been well documented by researchers / health authorities around the world, although all the available evidence thus far says those are VERY rare and the risks of those are far, far exceeded by the risks from COVID.

Since the vaccines became available in late 2020, more than 12 BILLION doses have been administered around the world. If something more problematic were occurring with them, you wouldn't necessarily expect the notion of that to surface out of the blue three-plus years later from two doctors in Thailand.

If something is going on, have the Thai doctors involved written up their findings for medical journal review and publication (no mention of that in the BP article)? And what's the evidence, if any, for their claim that some unstated / unknown parties here in Thailand are allegedly suppressing some kind of problematic findings?

You have any proof they are wrong? NO, thought not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If something is going on, have the Thai doctors involved written up their findings for medical journal review and publication (no mention of that in the BP article)? And what's the evidence, if any, for their claim that some unstated / unknown parties here in Thailand are allegedly suppressing some kind of problematic findings?

If they did report on such an issue they would maybe be charged under the less majeste law or struck off the medical registrar for such a deed .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, greg71 said:

If they did report on such an issue they would maybe be charged under the less majeste law or struck off the medical registrar for such a deed .

You think popping up in a Bangkok Post article with mostly vague and unsourced claims is OK and consequence-free, but somehow the normal route of publishing in a medical journal detailing their findings for their peers to read and judge is going to have dire consequences?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, sungod said:

You have any proof they are wrong? NO, thought not.

I'm not making the claims... They are....

I look forward to them actually documenting and proving their claims for their peers to read and judge in some medical/public health journal setting -- which is the way such things are normally vetted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm not making the claims... They are....

I look forward to them actually documenting and proving their claims for their peers to read and judge in some medical/public health journal setting.

But you are trying to rubbish them as they dont fit with your views.....

2 minutes ago, sungod said:

But you are trying to rubbish them as they dont fit with your views.....

Just asking, where's the beef?

Let's see whatever evidence, proof, medical findings they claim to have.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 11:21 AM, PJ71 said:

So, the same as all the other variants.

No, the early variants were more deadly, filling up hospitals and morgues in Italy, UK, India etc.  Such ignorance. 

I was told I have Covid but then they gave me antibiotics for my bad  bronchitus  in Pattaya bangkok hospital ?????,,, er Covid is a virus and antibiotics dont work on Viruses.

But this year has seen a spike in a very nasty brochial cough bacteriol infection world wide that is treatable with antibiotics but  the reccomended  dose is  now 4 weeks  to clear the infection ,, its usually only 10-14 days  dose .BPH now admit I did not have Covid but bacteria  bronchitus like many many people

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No, the early variants were more deadly, filling up hospitals and morgues in Italy, UK, India etc.  Such ignorance. 

So it's even less of a problem right? thought so....

Such lack of common sense.

• Sad 1

The thing I have noticed over many years is that people are less and less inclined to be persuaded by evidence because there is so much conflicting evidence out there.

So they choose the evidence that suits their belief.

Evidence is now often used to support a pre-existing belief not as part of a process  to come to a reasoned conclusion.

Edited by stats
foreign language removed
  • Like 1

The antibodies cannot discern the difference of an antigen on an infected spike and an uninfected spike, why is this dangerous? Because it’s not targeted to a specific spike on the site and is distributed throughout the body in the blood. That alone should terrify anyone. Put it to a simple test, antibodies and antigen in a solution, what happens? Precipitin. Clumping. The booster antibodies clings to the ACE-2 receptor on healthy cells, now imagine that happening in brain cells and heart cells. mRNA is nothing to play with... This was pushed in panic mode by pharma and its investors who made a windfall.

Edited by stats
misinfo comments removed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had Covid last week (tested positive) and the only exposure I could have had was using the elevator to go to the pool. Under 30 seconds possible exposure so super contagious. Used Virx nasal spray and didn't get sick. I'm 5x vaccinated and done with boosters. More effective to have an unopened bottle of Virx on hand. 

• Haha 1

Well, here in Bangkok, I see fewer and fewer Thais wearing a mask each day. Outdoors, I would say, as a wild guess, maybe only 30-40 percent of Thais wear one nowadays. As for foreigners, maybe only 5-10 percent. Of course, these percentages go up, for example in public transportation. 

I have always been pro-vaccine and pro-mask (but also very much anti-lockdown and anti-curfew etc). I still wear the mask most of the time in Bangkok, but come on, it has been nearly 4 fecking years. Just like many Thais, I am also fed up of this mask thing. The Covid thing will never go away for good. It will continue to exist, with various variants. And, most probably, each variant will be less lethal and less hospitalizing than the previous one. Sad that I am still worried about it and still wear a mask, but I think that quite soon, I will stop wearing one. 

19 hours ago, PJ71 said:

So it's even less of a problem right? thought so....

Such lack of common sense.

You posted...

So, the same as all the other variants.

Now you admit and agree with me it isn't..... can't you even retain a single logical line of thought ?