Kasikorn Bank Branch closure.

For anyone banking at the branch on the ring road, opposite the T junction from Thai International Hospital.

I was told by staff today that it will be closing on 24th January.

Everything will be moved to the branch in Central Festival.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, phetphet said:

For anyone banking at the branch on the ring road, opposite the T junction from Thai International Hospital.

I was told by staff today that it will be closing on 24th January.

Everything will be moved to the branch in Central Festival.

Thanks for the update and good luck

When my local branch of Krungsri bank closed (Choengmon) I was moved the the branch at Central Festival. Big Mistake.

The staff at the local branch were brilliant. If they could not answer my question, they would contact someone  at HO. They were 'can do' people.

CF branch - 'cannot. Staff who does that gone home - come back Monday. Cannot do this transaction on weekends - no staff.

And so on.

Always busy and long waits.

It took me three weeks to make an overseas transfer in USD (medical insurance). No one in the branch could do it.

When I complain to HO they suggest that I transfer to the Nathon branch. - yeh sure. 40 minutes each way. For the accountant as well for the business account.

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Always busy and long waits.

It took me three weeks to make an overseas transfer in USD (medical insurance). No one in the branch could do it.

When I complain to HO they suggest that I transfer to the Nathon branch. - yeh sure. 40 minutes each way. For the accountant as well for the business account.

The banks want their customers to be online, they seems to think that bad physical service is the way.
In the future there will be one Samui-branch – probably in Nathon – for each bank and an office in a central mall for limited service. Bangkok Bank has already changed name of the Nathon Branch to Samui Branch – I had to change my paper slip the other day, because I wrote "Nathon" as branch, it should be "Samui"...:whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

In the future there will be one Samui-branch – probably in Nathon – for each bank and an office in a central mall for limited service. Bangkok Bank has already changed name of the Nathon Branch to Samui Branch – I had to change my paper slip the other day, because I wrote "Nathon" as branch, it should be "Samui"...:whistling:

Hey - back to the future khunPer?

When I first arrived on Samui there was one branch per bank (and Krungsri did not exist here). They were all in Nathon, as well as the one ATM  per bank.

Progress eh?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/11/2024 at 10:19 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Hey - back to the future khunPer?

When I first arrived on Samui there was one branch per bank (and Krungsri did not exist here). They were all in Nathon, as well as the one ATM  per bank.

Progress eh?

Digital online era-progress...:thumbsup:

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 2:28 PM, khunPer said:

The banks want their customers to be online, they seems to think that bad physical service is the way.

You may be on to something...Krungsri & Kasikorn bank Nathon branches appear to have changed their name to 'Ko Samui' as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1