Donald Trump's New York fraud trial wraps up, with millions of dollars on the line

CharlieH

What to know about Trump's hush-money trial starting on 25 March
Published1 day ago

Will the trial be televised?

New York is one of only three jurisdictions in the country that bans nearly all audio visual coverage in trials, although it made a brief exception for audio during the pandemic.

Judges have discretion over letting cameras into their courtrooms, and we did catch brief glimpses of Mr Trump's civil fraud trial on most days.

But Justice Merchan has not allowed cameras in his courtroom during preliminary hearings and he appears unlikely to reverse course when the trial begins.

That means - despite the intense public interest - only a few members of the public and the press inside the Manhattan courthouse will be able to watch the prosecution of Mr Trump.

The rest of us will have to rely on media reports, sketch art and, in all likelihood, Mr Trump's online posts to colour in the scene each day.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68309680

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I was referring to trump's  claim  that if elected "we will be tired if winning" 

well we actually are tired if winning against him. :cheesy: biggest loser to ever occupy  the Whitehouse, 

Well you posted that right after me with no other reference. But either way, as I've taken enough hits on here, that is what I think

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well you posted that right after me with no other reference. But either way, as I've taken enough hits on here, that is what I think

You are right 

Not critical of you, just thought I would explain. 

11 minutes ago, bbko said:

Seems his mag-hat followers better start sending their billionaire messiah more of their money. And defending the man that had the most White House associates sent to prison ever, the man with over 30,000 fact checked lies, the man that's been sued over 3000 times, the only US POTUS ever impeached twice, the only POTUS to be implicated with an insurrection. 

Sure but what scares me, even with the above recitation, is that given that the election will be decided likely in 6 or 7 swing states, he could still again be elected President in November.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, how does this proceed? Does Trump have to post a bond to appeal? How does the State collect?

Trump Ordered to Pay Over $350 Million and Barred From New York Business
The judge’s ruling in Donald J. Trump’s civil fraud case could cost him all his available cash. It also bars the former president from running a business in the state for three years.

https://archive.li/4zvFi#selection-483.0-487.183

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/16/nyregion/trump-civil-fraud-trial-ruling.html

38 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Cue: That's What Friends Are For

Would Trump's handling of the 2018 murder of Khashoggi be good for a loan. Mebbe.

image.jpeg.a36afb22edb33e40446ab73738a4a085.jpeg

Unfortunately, I can see every tin pot dictator in the world lining up to help him out, and doing all they can to recoup their investment in November.  Then the real payback will begin...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...