Thaksin suffers heart valve disease and rarely has visitors : Chaichana

snoop1130

28 minutes ago, kimamey said:
On 1/12/2024 at 5:55 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

The fact of the matter is that none of "we all" know that at all.

That's true but I think all the facts that we've been told, and what we know of him suggests that he isn't that ill, unless it's a coincidence that this all came on after seeming to be perfectly ok in Cambodia and during a medical examination in Dubai shortly before returning to Thailand. We also don't know that he's at home and not in the hospital because there's no evidence through pictures, video or a visit by a trusted person. That could be because he doesn't want to be seen whilst he's so ill, or it could be because he's not there. Are there now, or has there ever been another non elite prisoner who was given medical treatment in this way? If not,is he the most seriously ill prisoner they've ever had in the prison?

"I think all the facts that we've been told, and what we know of him suggests that he isn't that ill..."

Huh?  Which facts suggest that he is not currently ill?

"We also don't know that he's at home and not in the hospital because there's no evidence through pictures"

Which facts suggest that he's at home and not in hospital exercising his right to privacy as a patient and a prisoner?  There have been photos published in the press showing him in hospital.

"Are there now, or has there ever been another non elite prisoner who was given medical treatment in this way?"

Very possibly but, as medical treatment is confidential, I do not know either way, neither do you, neither does anyone else so that's a moot point.  If you have facts, either way, then it could be discussed rationally.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 11:55 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

You can bet your last dollars, you will never know, besides medical information is private 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, kiwikeith said:
On 1/12/2024 at 5:55 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

You can bet your last dollars, you will never know, besides medical information is private 

I know that.  That's what I've been saying throughout this thread!

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 11:47 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

"I think all the facts that we've been told, and what we know of him suggests that he isn't that ill..."

Huh?  Which facts suggest that he is not currently ill?

"We also don't know that he's at home and not in the hospital because there's no evidence through pictures"

Which facts suggest that he's at home and not in hospital exercising his right to privacy as a patient and a prisoner?  There have been photos published in the press showing him in hospital.

"Are there now, or has there ever been another non elite prisoner who was given medical treatment in this way?"

Very possibly but, as medical treatment is confidential, I do not know either way, neither do you, neither does anyone else so that's a moot point.  If you have facts, either way, then it could be discussed rationally.

Your posts are normally ones that make some sense but I'm not so sure on this.

Let's be clear, I've never met the man, so apart from what I've read, and pictures I've seen. I have no proof of anything, so I don't know if he's in hospital or even if he's in Thailand. He could still be in Dubai or anywhere else for that matter. He might be dead or the pictures might be of someone else and we've no idea who he really is. But that could be said of anyone before I was born and most people since, so I'll have to just go by what I've seen and read. 

I've already pointed out that he apparently claimed he couldn't fly to Thailand before a medical check up, but was able to go to Cambodia. Maybe that was because he wasn't going to prison in Cambodia, but then he hasn't here either.

This thread was the first time I'd heard the suggestion that he might be at home and not the hospital. I actually mixed up 'home' and 'hospital' in my post. It should have read:

We also don't know that he's in the hospital and not at home because there's no evidence through pictures, video or a visit by a trusted person.

Having said that you've mentioned his privacy, which I acknowledged as well, but he has, unless the reports are incorrect, released details of his admission to hospital and medical conditions of which there were a few if I remember correctly and we've been told which floor he's on. It seems strange to me that after releasing those details he doesn't want to prove he's actually in hospital. As for other prisoners that might have received the same level of treatment, that information could easily be released without identification thereby maintaining privacy. I might have seen a picture of him in hospital early on but I've seen nothing recently. Maybe I missed it

Around the time he returned there was a report that he was anticipating only days in prison rather than months or years. This was from 'a source close to Thaksin' so may or may not have been true, but given the subsequent events, it might have been true.

There are plausible reasons for all of these mysteries but when I look at all that has happened I'm left thinking that I can't say I'd necessarily believe him.

2 hours ago, kimamey said:

It seems strange to me that after releasing those details he doesn't want to prove he's actually in hospital.

How do you know that "he doesn't want to prove that he's in hospital"?  He doesn't have to prove that he is considering that, (a), there's no evidence that he is anywhere else and, (b), he's under the control of the DoC.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/23/2024 at 6:08 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you know that "he doesn't want to prove that he's in hospital"?  He doesn't have to prove that he is considering that, (a), there's no evidence that he is anywhere else and, (b), he's under the control of the DoC.

I don't know for sure, but since there seems to be a desire to find proof one way or the other by various groups in and outside of parliament it seems odd to me that nothing can be done to set the record straight given that there are regulations regarding someone staying in an outside medical establishment over 120 days. If he wanted to provide proof, and was prevented from doing so, I'm sure he could find a way of getting his views known. Who would want to stop him providing proof that his hospital stay is legitimate? I read an article yesterday claiming he was seriously ill, which may be true.

It's just that I can see why he wouldn't want to be in prison and be in a comfortable hospital or his own home instead so I can see the incentive for him and there seem to be credible questions about the current information.

If he had this condition why not have it fixed where he was,the pic on the plane he looks relaxed and fine.Now it is known  but no actual ward visit and being told he is not well.All sounds like cover up and thais are not that silly to believe he is in hospital on deaths bed

Edited by bristolgeoff