Thaksin suffers heart valve disease and rarely has visitors : Chaichana

snoop1130

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For any other Thai in prison:

Your old, your heat is bad, you will die. We can't/won't do anything about that.

Or how many other prisoners are at the same hospital with similar disease? 

Not true, at all, Klong Prem has an onsite hospital where prisoners are treated, they are not left lying around to die and, as the DoC and PGH have confirmed, are treated outside prison if necessary.

"..how many other prisoners are at the same hospital with similar disease?"

How many other prisoners have the same conditions?

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

In this case the 'Thai-bash' (or rather bash at the corruption surrounding Taksin's incarceration) is valid...    Can you prove he really is ill ?? 

No... I thought not... None of us can...

How can your Thai-bash be valid if no one can prove that he is not ill?  Thought so...it wasn't valid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

MP investigates Thaksin’s alleged 2 million baht treatment at Police Hospital

What a shame the Thaiger's headline deliberately, falsely misconstrued what the article actually stated.  The "2 million baht treatment" relates to the cost of repairing the CCTV system, not to the cost of Thaksin's treatment that the DoC is obliged to provide for the prisoner...

"2 Million Baht

Regarding the hospital’s CCTV system, Chaichana requested the prime minister to use the 2 million baht budget allocated for overseas trips to repair the defunct CCTV system. He found that not only the building but also the surrounding area’s CCTV system had been faulty for several years".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, wensiensheng said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The fact of the matter is that none of "we all" know that at all.

Sometimes you have to use common sense ...
.but you continue to believe your “facts” if you wish.

Are you claiming that my comment was not factual?  Please indicate which part, specifically. 

As you said, sometimes you have to use common sense.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Thaksin: entitled to patient privacy and inpatient treatment

Other inmates: not entitled to patient privacy and inpatient treatment

Which other inmates "were not entitled to privacy" and had that privacy violated, against their will?   Which of those patients required inpatient treatment?

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, 2baht said:
6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You folks amaze me with your belief that a secure location could be just walked into.  It's not a regular hospital it's a prison hospital, with secure wings.

Fish head soup???

Why should PGH be serving "fish head soup" to patients?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Cook said:

Heart Valve disease and not allowed to check if he was there. Yeah Right 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

They weren't "prevented from checking if he was there", they could do that through the DoC that controls that section.  They were prevented from forcing themselves on a hospital patient who (like all of them) has the right not to receive visitors, either in the hospital or in prison.  If he was in the prison they could only check with the prison authorities whether he was there, they could not force a visit on a prisoner if he declines it.

2 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

For what it is worth I for the first time in over a year walked fifty meters this morning carrying but not using a cane. Us elders can indeed have “ conditions” that incapacitate us long term.

The Thai government likes to ballyhoo the “ world class” medical treatment available here. Perhaps a factor in Mr. T’s decision to return?

I am amazed at the number of “ experts” ( has been drips under pressure) on this forum pontificating about Thaskin’s condition.

Sometimes the “ powers” actually tell the truth, however inadvertently.

Well said.

18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which other inmates "were not entitled to privacy" and had that privacy violated, against their will?

I suppose all of them, I doubt they were asked to sign a privacy waiver, And just in case you didn't read it:

The hospital staff then led the committee to visit inmates receiving treatment on the 7th floor of the building.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which of those patients required inpatient treatment?

The question you should ask is: Out of all of Thailand's inmate population there is not a single one requiring inpatient treatment? Really?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

How convenient that tge police hospital has a broken cctv and it’s been broken for several years . And those  who visited the hospital were not allowed to see the patient as a government minister I would of thought they would be allowed to have a chat to make sure that he was being looked after properly

Even if the CCTV was working it would not be revealing anything about the patients, they do not have cameras trained on them!  

"...as a government minister I would of thought they would be allowed to have a chat..."

He would be allowed a chat if the patient agrees to the visit...patients make that choice, regardless of who the visitor is and a government minister has no more status in that situation than anyone else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:
30 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which of those patients required inpatient treatment?

The question you should ask is: Out of all of Thailand's inmate population there is not a single one requiring inpatient treatment? Really?

Who said that out of all of Thailand's prison population there are none that require, or are receiving, inpatient hospital treatment?   

54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

In this case the 'Thai-bash' (or rather bash at the corruption surrounding Taksin's incarceration) is valid...    Can you prove he really is ill ?? 

No... I thought not... None of us can...

How can your Thai-bash be valid if no one can prove that he is not ill?  Thought so...it wasn't valid.

I know you refuse to believe anything unless you have coconuts link to read... However, I believe my cynicism is well justified given the systemic levels of corruption with Thailands power players and the manner and timing in which events unfolded such that he didn't spend any time in a 'real cell'.... (or do you also want proof of that - I think you could find a coconuts article to quench your pedanticism).

... the public (any myself) not having proof that he isn't unwell is most certainly not proof that he is unwell in this case - we'd be foolish to believe the spin. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:
33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which other inmates "were not entitled to privacy" and had that privacy violated, against their will?

I suppose all of them, I doubt they were asked to sign a privacy waiver, And just in case you didn't read it:

The hospital staff then led the committee to visit inmates receiving treatment on the 7th floor of the building.

I read it.  Those receiving visitors in hospital (or prison) do not have to "sign waivers" they just have to agree to seeing visitors.   And, just in case you did not read it properly, there was no indication that those patients/inmates were spoken to against their will.

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Who said that out of all of Thailand's prison population there are none that require, or are receiving, inpatient hospital treatment?   

at the Bangkok Police Hospital

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I read it.  Those receiving visitors in hospital (or prison) do not have to "sign waivers" they just have to agree to seeing visitors.   And, just in case you did not read it properly, there was no indication that those patients/inmates were spoken to against their will.

I believe they were never asked and the officials just showed up.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

LL - you are taking your levels of pedanticism to new highs... 

Do you really believe Taksin is unwell and not receiving treatment any more special than any other 'inmate' would receive ??

Do you really not beleive such unless its written in something we can provide a 'link' for ???

Sometimes, by going down this 'rabbit-hole' of arguing 'only what can be unequivocally proven' you make yourself appear incredibly naïve. 

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1