Are there any Expats in CM who jam regularly?

connda

I'm a Beginner/Intermediate guitar player.  Solo practice only take you so far.  I'd like to get involve with people who occasionally get together to jam.  Just wondering if there are any amateur jamming sessions going on in CM. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 4:11 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

If you play anywhere in public, a work permit might  be required. One of those adoring little features immigration likes to hold over our heads.

There used to be a few places around where I live in Phuket especially one on a Sunday but they clamped down on it, W/P required, 

• Like 1

Mods.  You can close this.  Obviously there are no AN members in Chiang Mai who practice guitar together.
Thanks!

Edited by connda

There should be nobody  bothered *except maybe neighbors, if you invite frends to play at home

More and more I do see foreign muscicians playing at the local night spots

No need to name them, the venues can be found easily. Do these guys have the right work permit?

Last year I even saw a rock Trio playing at what can only be described as a large bar beer

They looked liked burnouts from the American war in SEA. The bass player was very good.

35 minutes ago, connda said:

Mods.  You can close this.  Obviously there are no AN members in Chiang Mai who practice guitar together.
Thanks!

You're welcome!

Topic is now closed as per your request.

• Thanks 1