Allegedly Intoxicated Thai Woman Causes Car Pileup on Jomtien Beach

webfact

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

She certainly couldn't drive, which, if you remember, is exactly what happened.

Anyway, you already killed your own argument when you started with "most people". For example, my sister, after a dozen plus pints of McEwans, could easily climb onto a small lounge bar table, cross both her legs behind her head and sing 'The Fog on the Tyne' while others with a lower imbibe couldn't stand up or even remember the words.

I trust you are familiar with the term 'outliers'?

Did she have lisp ???  :shock1:

6 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Take that with a grain of salt. The machines are somewhat delicate and need to be properly calibrated.....  Was she over .05?  Most likely.  Was she .189 ?   I highly doubt it. 

The legal limit is 50 milligrams per decilitre, she was 189 mg/dl.  Three times + over the limit - why is that so doubtful?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

t is because most people would pass out before getting that wasted.  .05 is buzzed, .08 (the old limit) is drunk. I'd be surprised if she could walk at .189

She wasn't walking and she is one individual, not "most people".

19 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

It is because most people would pass out before getting that wasted.  .05 is buzzed, .08 (the old limit) is drunk. I'd be surprised if she could walk at .189

A regular/habitual drinker, alcohol addict, can still walk to the car and drive away.

Think you haven't read too many of these stories.

The current and only legal limit for bicycle(!) riders in Germany is 0.16. Only from there considered completely incapable.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

A regular/habitual drinker, alcohol addict, can still walk to the car and drive away.

Think you haven't read too many of these stories.

The current and only legal limit for bicycle(!) riders in Germany is 0.16. Only from there considered completely incapable.

My home province (B.C.) in Canada used to have a limit of .08 and reduced it to .05.  I was breathalyzed after drinking 2l of Strongbow cider and it measured .04.  The same test administered on a full stomach, same quantity of Strongbow yielded .012. Both tests were administered by a qualified officer on a properly calibrated machine. 

The lady in question would have had a BAC 15x higher than I did after 2l of cider. That's a hell of a lot of booze, but I'd say you're correct that a seasoned alcoholic could pull it off.