Israeli ambassador launches campaign to remind Thais about the hostages still being held in Gaza

webfact

On 1/15/2024 at 7:50 AM, newbee2022 said:

The world should know that. And the responsible killers be prosecuted by International court as demanded by South Africa. Probably UN peacekeeping forces should be sent to stop that genocide.

You're obviously not aware of what the South African move amounts to (hint - much less than you hope for, on a good day), the timeline (final ruling can take years), or which body does what (prosecution such as you fantasize about is for the ICC to carry out, not the ICJ). UN 'peace keeping' forces? And how would these deal with Hamas? How well are they doing in Southern Lebanon? What good did they do in Syria?

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Considering Thailand's lethargic reaction to the almost 2 million Ukrainian hostages held by Russia as a result of its 2014 invasion of the Crimea Peninsula, I'd imagine Thailand's reaction would be, "How will the current Gaza conflict affect tourism in Thailand."

Were there many Thai people killed, taken hostage in Ukraine?

23 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

News reports coming even from Israel show that is quite possible with the Israelis panicking in the first days and shooting anything that moved, even their own soldiers with white flags.  That says it all.

What the above shows is that you do not actually follow events. The incident you described did not happen in 'the first days', but a couple of months into the fighting. Of course, being the battle hardened combat veteran that you are, you'd know all about how soldiers may react in such situations....

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/15/2024 at 6:51 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Any such campaign, independent of the subject, should be illegal.

We have more than enough traffic in Bangkok, we really don't need a 100-vehicle Tuk Tuk campaign!

you think they got extra tuk-tuks just to run around showing ads?

what do you think is more plausible? just putting ads on existing tuk-tuks or procuring entirely new vehicles just to run the ads and clog up your street inconveniencing you

7 minutes ago, digbeth said:

you think they got extra tuk-tuks just to run around showing ads?

what do you think is more plausible? just putting ads on existing tuk-tuks or procuring entirely new vehicles just to run the ads and clog up your street inconveniencing you

I am sure there are companies which own those tuk tuks and allow those campains.

I saw many times 3 or 5 tuk tuks (or similar 3 wheel vehicles) with big signs driving along the road. Only signs, no passengers, just for the ads. As far as I am concerned that should be illegal. 

49 minutes ago, JCauto said:

LOL. You new to warfare? There's smart bombs, and there's dumb ones. The smart ones are expensive, and they're not the majority of what's dropped in any war for that reason. Have you observed anything in Ukraine? It's such a dumb comment, you'd have to be living in a box to have such a lack of understanding.

People have some outdated ideas about 'dumb' bombs. This isn't WWII, or even Vietnam. You don't just toss them out the back of the plane, and hope for the best. A modern 'dumb' bomb, dropped from a modern aircraft and by a competent pilot would be far more accurate than what people imagine.

This ain't not 'carpet bombing' style thing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Morch said:

You're obviously not aware of what the South African move amounts to (hint - much less than you hope for, on a good day), the timeline (final ruling can take years), or which body does what (prosecution such as you fantasize about is for the ICC to carry out, not the ICJ). UN 'peace keeping' forces? And how would these deal with Hamas? How well are they doing in Southern Lebanon? What good did they do in Syria?

Gibberish. Start again. Do your homework and check the facts.😕

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

People have some outdated ideas about 'dumb' bombs. This isn't WWII, or even Vietnam. You don't just toss them out the back of the plane, and hope for the best. A modern 'dumb' bomb, dropped from a modern aircraft and by a competent pilot would be far more accurate than what people imagine.

This ain't not 'carpet bombing' style thing.

Rubbish. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, newbee2022 said:

These are facts.

That you cannot handle them, and resort to your usual style of response doesn't change them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

The one who needs some revision is you, the full case will take years for a decision, there are no prosecutions with ICJ, you are confusing this with the ICC. 

The hearings on the 11th and 12th Jan do will not decide whether Israel is committing genocide, but instead will assess whether South Africa’s case is strong enough to issue provisional measures.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Experienced ground attack pilot or Forward Air Controller are you?

I've been an FAC. To claim that "dumb bombs" and other unguided munitions are inherently inaccurate is <deleted>.

No one wants to "carpet bomb" these days. Apart from the inevitable civilian casualties ( which apart from the frothy mouthed propagandists for Hamas), no body wants, a completely rubbled and largely impassable built up area is not an environment in which any modern army would wish to fight. The advantages are all with the defender 

Is that a profession? FAC??? You'll get a certificate? Acknowledged by ???

Sorry, but I never joined any army and don't need any nurses around me nor anybody to give me orders.

So, for me there is no different in any bombs because they are made for killing, no matter civilians or armed people. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 1/15/2024 at 12:05 PM, riclag said:

“The Tuk Tuk messaging campaign aims to remind the public about the plight of the innocent people being held by the group”.

Say their name, Terrorist .

Those Terrorist should of released all the hostages by now.

Please explain the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter.

Nelson Mandela was called both a terrorist and a freedom fighter, yet ended up as President of South Africa.

I would call Netanyahu a terrorist and a war criminal for what he has ordered to be done in the Gaza strip, and has been doing for years.

But that is just my opinion, which is worth the same as your opinion.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1