Thai government resists Israeli embassy’s call for hostage release in Gaza

webfact

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Human shields is not an excuse to kill them. Doing so is a war crime. 3 to 1 civilians killed for every Hamas militant is not proportionate.

@ozimoron

That's what you often post here. It's still wrong. It is not necessarily a war crime, it is actually condoned under certain circumstances.

This was pointed out and explained, in detail, numerous times. Your persistence won't change facts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Some off topic posts and replies have been removed this is what the topic is about:

Thai government resists Israeli embassy’s call for hostage release in Gaza

• Thanks 2

On 1/19/2024 at 7:29 PM, Brickleberry said:

Actually no, you can't even call it a war. Gaza is (and has been - including the West Bank) an occupied territory for decades. Wars are fought between nation states with standing armies. Gaza is an occupied and controlled territory. Israel even controls the birth records!

People talk about Israel leaving Gaza in 2006, but that is just ignorant of the situation. They control the air, electricity, water, airwaves, everything going in and out of Gaza etc.

I listen to Jewish & prominent Israeli professors and journalists to get the real inside scoop. Folks like Gideon Levy and Norman Finklestien. Educate yourselves. When these world famous experts say it is a genocide, and call Israel an occupying power in the west bank and Gaza - as do all international aid bodies, the UN, ICC & ICJ also all agree on this. Moving the prison guards to the perimeter of the prison is still a prison.

Gaza is LITERALLY NOT an occupied territory.  Israelis lived in a tiny community in Gaza and were forcibly removed by Israel.

You know who else controls access to Gaza?  Egypt.  You're apparently unaware that Gaza borders two sovereign states.  Try rephrasing all of your spew to include Egypt as well.

YOU'RE telling us to "educate ourselves"?  That's pretty ironic coming from someone who posts what you post.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Gaza is LITERALLY NOT an occupied territory.  Israelis lived in a tiny community in Gaza and were forcibly removed by Israel.

You know who else controls access to Gaza?  Egypt.  You're apparently unaware that Gaza borders two sovereign states.  Try rephrasing all of your spew to include Egypt as well.

YOU'RE telling us to "educate ourselves"?  That's pretty ironic coming from someone who posts what you post.

Just google it, even the US agrees that it is occupied. I won't be commenting anymore on this thread.

Screenshot(10).png.b5886be0feb350b9ee0bbf39574829ee.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

Just google it, even the US agrees that it is occupied. I won't be commenting anymore on this thread.

Screenshot(10).png.b5886be0feb350b9ee0bbf39574829ee.png

Yes and we all know you always support what the U.S. state department says about Israel. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

That's probably a good idea, you're getting your butt kicked.  This doesn't seem to be your subject.

Israel controlling its border with Hamas/Gaza, is not occupying Gaza, neither is its sea blockade to prevent Hamas from being supplied with ever-deadlier weapons by Iran.  Egypt controlling its border with Hamas/Gaza, is not occupying Gaza.

"Occupied Territories" is a political term.  If I'm not actually in your house or on your property, I'm not occupying either one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoExpat said:

That's probably a good idea, you're getting your butt kicked.  This doesn't seem to be your subject.

Israel controlling its border with Hamas/Gaza, is not occupying Gaza, neither is its sea blockade to prevent Hamas from being supplied with ever-deadlier weapons by Iran.  Egypt controlling its border with Hamas/Gaza, is not occupying Gaza.

"Occupied Territories" is a political term.  If I'm not actually in your house or on your property, I'm not occupying either one. 

I quite clearly won!

It is not a political term, it is a legal one. Much like genocide and ethnic cleansing, they are legal questions that have been, and are currently being asked. There is so much proof and validation from international law. Your Israel talking points are meaningless.

All international agencies, and most governments around the world - including Israel's biggest supporter the US government, all agree that under international law, Gaza is occupied. Trying to simplify it into controlling borders and a sea blockade is ludicrous. That is not what is going on, and if you don't know the situation on the ground, you should not be commenting so brazenly against all the evidence.

I have the law on my side, the UN, Amnesty International, Doctors without borders, the ICJ the ICC, Israels OWN supreme court all agree that it is occupied. You don't have anything, not a single reference.

Facts are important. Goodbye.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

I quite clearly won!

It is not a political term, it is a legal one. Much like genocide and ethnic cleansing, they are legal questions that have been, and are currently being asked. There is so much proof and validation from international law. Your Israel talking points are meaningless.

All international agencies, and most governments around the world - including Israel's biggest supporter the US government, all agree that under international law, Gaza is occupied. Trying to simplify it into controlling borders and a sea blockade is ludicrous. That is not what is going on, and if you don't know the situation on the ground, you should not be commenting so brazenly against all the evidence.

I have the law on my side, the UN, Amnesty International, Doctors without borders, the ICJ the ICC, Israels OWN supreme court all agree that it is occupied. You don't have anything, not a single reference.

Facts are important. Goodbye.

Political/legal have the exact same meaning in this context.

There's nothing "ludicrous" about describing what is ACTUALLY happening, versus the sweaty, hysterical claims of those who are badly informed and are probably not arguing in good faith to begin with.  Again -- if Israel has been "occupying" Gaza for all these years (without a single Israeli in Gaza!!!) then so has Egypt.

I love the Egypt side of this, as 1) most pro-Hamas agitators read only leftwing websites so have no idea that Gaza shares two borders and 2) these same people NEVER respond (as you haven't) to explain the curious fact that it's not just those crafty Jews who don't want Gazans on their land, it's Egypt.  It's also Jordan.  And Kuwait.  And Lebanon.  All of the places where Palestinians have made themselves unwelcome due to their unrelenting love of violence.

The entire Arab world is willing to use the Palestinians as a stick to beat Israel, but literally NOT ONE COUNTRY wants Palestinians within their borders.  It ALWAYS ends badly.  Have you really never asked yourself why that is?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

16 hours ago, Morch said:

You are a WINNER, there there.

As for 'goodbye' - you can't be trusted, already said you won't be commenting here anymore.

Participation trophy for Brickleberry!  And a cookie too as we send him off for his nap.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

Wikepedia?  I thought only reliable sources allowed not those you can write yourself lol!

I thought only lame posters made such comments about Wikipedia.

There are sources referenced within.

As for 'write yourself', here's a challenge - go and do some major bogus editing on that page, or a related one. Try it. See how it goes.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 10:48 PM, Jingthing said:

Israel has nor occupied Gaza since 2015. Words have meanings. The west bank is occupied.

I think you made a typing error.    Israel hasn't occupied Gaza since 2005.   Re the West Bank - if you think that Israel has occupied it since 1967, who do you think occupied it between 1948 - 1967??   It was Jordan.   It wasn't Palestine then - it was Jordan!!   The West Bank was originally called Judea & Samaria & 'occupied' by Jews in those days.

1 minute ago, Greenhill said:

I think you made a typing error.    Israel hasn't occupied Gaza since 2005.   Re the West Bank - if you think that Israel has occupied it since 1967, who do you think occupied it between 1948 - 1967??   It was Jordan.   It wasn't Palestine then - it was Jordan!!   The West Bank was originally called Judea & Samaria & 'occupied' by Jews in those days.

I did. Long ago corrected if you had read the thread. Bye.