To BYD or not to BYD

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Precisely my point: Tesla is better. 

I know they are not the same. Lol

Do you own either? Or test drove both? Else, your opinion, while you are entitled to it, is worthless, isn’t it?

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

So, you would choose a BYD over a similar model of Tesla, if they were the same price?

But that's not the playing field is it? 

Would you buy a Seiko if it was the same price as a Rolex? Apples n oranges. 

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

If it was half the price of a Tesla or anything Japanese, maybe....

MAYBE.....but even then, probably not.

This post had me thinking a little about different makes of cars, American, Korean, Japanese, Chinese… I’m not a frequent watcher of car reviews but I thought this was a bit apt to address the above post about Japanese cars. A bit of a long watch but the conclusion is thought provoking. Especially when this car costs almost twice as much as the MG4

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra in the US. I have tried for years to buy quality parts from China. That video clearly shows the exact thing I have been threw with my Toyota when ordering and installing parts from China.  I mean it was like exactly my experience with parts. So, I would have to see it to believe it.  No offense to you electric car guys, I know nothing about them what so ever. But, I personally would not buy one.  Last truck I had in Thailand was a turbo diesel and it was an excellent truck. And it was a lousy Ford... haha. 350KM on the clock and still running when I left.

Edited by Gknrd

51 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

That’s an opinion I can agree with.

I would love to crawl under one of those cars after a couple of years and look for myself. Do a few checks and check how the parts are holding up. The worst parts I have ever seen from china were the parts with rubber in them. Suspension parts especially. Total , and I mean total junk. Everyone in the US that does any wrenching avoids mechanical part from China. At this point all I buy are seat covers, cosmetic items . I have a set of seat covers for my Tundra I just ordered and got in , excellent ++ quality. Another thing I love from china is the Xiaomi phones. Excellent +++++++++ phones. Bought my first one many years ago in Malaysia and have been using them ever since.  The guy that posted the video on his solar house is another item I would like to try out from China. I have heard they are good panels. I need to do some research on the inverters and see some reviews on them.

Edited by Gknrd

17 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra in the US. I have tried for years to buy quality parts from China. That video clearly shows the exact thing I have been threw with my Toyota when ordering and installing parts from China.  I mean it was like exactly my experience with parts. So, I would have to see it to believe it.  No offense to you electric car guys, I know nothing about them what so ever. But, I personally would not buy one.  Last truck I had in Thailand was a turbo diesel and it was an excellent truck. And it was a lousy Ford... haha. 350KM on the clock and still running when I left.

Was your Toyota Tundra made in China? I believe it was made in the US. Why on earth would you then order non OEM parts from China? That’s just nonsensical and idiotic if you ask me.

My bro-in-law used to be a Ford salesman. He told us that FORD stood for Fix Or Repair Daily lol.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Was your Toyota Tundra made in China? I believe it was made in the US. Why on earth would you then order non OEM parts from China? That’s just nonsensical and idiotic if you ask me.

My bro-in-law used to be a Ford salesman. He told us that FORD stood for Fix Or Repair Daily lol.

Hahaha, You really don't know what you are talking about do you? ... hahahaha

Carry on.. LOL

Sorry I get the impression of you as a card carrying CCP member, definitely not anyone that know anything about , well anything  ... hahaha

Edited by Gknrd
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

Hahaha, You really don't know what you are talking about do you? ... hahahaha

Carry on.. LOL

Sorry I get the impression of you as a card carrying CCP member, definitely not anyone that know anything about , well anything  ... hahaha

It’s true, I know very little if anything about cars so crawling under one would be a total waste of time and effort for me. But I’m still puzzled. Why would you order any non-OEM parts from a company in China for an American made vehicle? That’s like ordering a Boeing part for an Airbus. Or an iPhone battery for my Huawei phone. Or duck meat for my beef wellington. 

LOL.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Like fruitcake said, time will tell. So far, Chinese made high speed railways, trains, space station, skyscrapers, bridges etc etc seem to be holding up well. I’m sure there will be accidents, like everywhere else in the world, including Europe and the US.

Hahaha, they all seem to be falling down.  Skyscrapers, bridges. falling and crumbling. 

But, I am sure your mentor Xi will back you up.. LOL

11 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

It’s true, I know very little if anything about cars so crawling under one would be a total waste of time and effort for me. But I’m still puzzled. Why would you order any non-OEM parts from a company in China for an American made vehicle? That’s like ordering a Boeing part for an Airbus. Or an iPhone battery for my Huawei phone. Or duck meat for my beef wellington. 

LOL.

Are you really that dense.. Same reason people and I order parts from auto parts houses in the US.

And by the way the parts advertised from your comrade were advertised and boxed in Toyota boxes and advertised as OEM products.  Curious where you are from, and why you are on a thread about cars it you know nothing about them?  Here is a flash for you comrade, They sell Toyota's in China.. Toyota parts are the same quality world wide. Comrad 

Edited by Gknrd

38 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

The guy that posted the video on his solar house is another item I would like to try out from China. I have heard they are good panels. I need to do some research on the inverters and see some reviews on them.

Not sure if you were referring to my recent video or not, but I can recomend https://aseannow.com/forum/319-alternativerenewable-energy-forum/ you will get some good advice. People share their systems and are available to answer questions

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bandersnatch said:

Not sure if you were referring to my recent video or not, but I can recomend https://aseannow.com/forum/319-alternativerenewable-energy-forum/ you will get some good advice. People share their systems and are available to answer questions

Appreciated. I have been looking into solar. Yep you are the one that posted the video. I will head over there now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

Are you really that dense.. Same reason people and I order parts from auto parts houses in the US.

And by the way the parts advertised from your comrade were advertised and boxed in Toyota boxes and advertised as OEM products.  Curious where you are from, and why you are on a thread about cars it you know nothing about them? 

Well, this thread is “to BYD or not to BYD”. Since I own a BYD, it would make sense for me to be on this thread.

On the other hand, I doubt very much that you own a BYD or even an EV. But that doesn’t mean you can’t contribute your 2 cents worth, which so far, hasn’t amounted to even 2 satang. But that’s ok, everyone has a right to state their opinion. 

The beauty about the world we live in today is that we don’t need to know very much about everything. I know how to drive a car, I own one. If there’s an issue, I pay someone to fix it for me. Dense I may be, but fortunately, I can afford to pay someone to crawl under the car for me. I hate getting my t-shirt dirty, don’t you?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

5 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

Appreciated. I have been looking into solar. Yep you are the one that posted the video. I will head over there now.

Some great news today. My feed in to the grid finally got activated. I have only a small 3 kWh system installed but has so far today, fed back just under 4 kWh. That’s almost 10 baht. I’m rich lol.

• Love It 2

4 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Well, this thread is “to BYD or not to BYD”. Since I own a BYD, it would make sense for me to be on this thread.

On the other hand, I doubt very much that you own a BYD or even an EV. But that doesn’t mean you can’t contribute your 2 cents worth, which so far, hasn’t amounted to even 2 satang. But that’s ok, everyone has a right to state their opinion. 

The beauty about the world we live in today is that we don’t need to know very much about everything. I know how to drive a car, I own one. If there’s an issue, I pay someone to fix it for me. Dense I may be, but fortunately, I can afford to pay someone to crawl under the car for me. I hate getting my t-shirt dirty, don’t you?

Joke of the day, I think we all have your number now comrade.

1 hour ago, Gknrd said:

Hahaha, they all seem to be falling down.  Skyscrapers, bridges. falling and crumbling. 

But, I am sure your mentor Xi will back you up.. LOL

I think you'll find it's the US infrastructure  that's crumbling, but don't take your blinkers off Mr McCarthy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/more-50-000-american-bridges-are-falling-apart-n842356

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Gknrd said:

... No offense to you electric car guys, I know nothing about them what so ever. But, I personally would not buy one ...

that sentence says a lot about you!

it seems strange to me that you criticize electric vehicles,

but you admit that you don't have a clue about them yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1