Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Suspends 2024 Presidential Campaign, Endorses Donald Trump

Social Media

image.png

In a surprising turn of events, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced the suspension of his 2024 presidential campaign on Sunday, endorsing former President Donald Trump in a video posted on a digital platform. DeSantis, initially considered a formidable opponent to Trump, faced challenges and missteps early in his campaign.

DeSantis' decision to step aside and throw his support behind Trump provides a significant boost to the former president's prospects, especially in the upcoming New Hampshire contest, where Trump aims to solidify his lead in the GOP primary, competing against former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley.

Despite campaigning aggressively in Iowa, DeSantis secured a second-place finish, trailing Trump by a significant margin of about 30 percentage points. In a 4-minute video message, DeSantis acknowledged the preferences of a majority of Republican primary voters, stating, "It is clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Donald Trump another chance."

While noting past disagreements with Trump, DeSantis emphasized that Trump's leadership surpasses the current incumbent, Joe Biden. He took a parting shot at Haley, characterizing her as representative of the "old Republican guard of yesteryear" and advocating for a departure from such "warmed-over corporatism."

Nikki Haley responded to DeSantis' exit by telling voters in New Hampshire that they wish him well, acknowledging that it's now a two-person race.

DeSantis had launched his presidential campaign in May, positioning himself as a champion of the "anti-woke" agenda and emphasizing Florida's legislative accomplishments. Despite his success in winning re-election as governor in 2022, his campaign faced challenges from the start, marked by a glitchy Twitter Spaces launch event, internal shakeups, tensions with a Super PAC, and a decline in poll numbers.

The governor's departure from the race reshapes the GOP landscape, and Trump, with DeSantis' endorsement, gains momentum as a dominant force in the Republican primary.

Source

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nobody goes to retire in Florida for anything but the weather.

I guess that explains Idaho...

Have you ever been to Idaho in the winter?  Things must be pretty bad in the blue states for someone to move to Idaho.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

You mean the state with one of the highest population growths in the US.  The one that attracts so many people leaving their blue disasters, to live the way they want? 

https://www.homesnacks.com/fastest-growing-states/

https://www.statista.com/chart/12484/population-growth-in-the-united-states-by-federal-state/

I suppose you'd prefer Newsom, whose state is losing population as people flee his policies?  Why do ya figure so many people are leaving blue states to live in red ones? 

Florida is where retirees from the north go.

It's been that way for many years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Screenshot_2024-01-22-08-59-23-682_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.thumb.jpg.ff7fa28a0da474e2f0c2aca491b0b746.jpg

17 minutes ago, impulse said:

I guess that explains Idaho...

Have you ever been to Idaho in the winter?  Things must be pretty bad in the blue states for someone to move to Idaho.

Try this in Idaho. And btw looks like DeSantis best start walking the walk

Edited by morrobay

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Florida is where retirees from the north go.

It's been that way for many years.

California also used to be.  Now, U-Haul can't keep enough rolling stock in California.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

Tampa votes blue.   Law enforcement and public safety are largely under the remit of local policies.  Need I say more?

florida2.png.848854501b41d577afa1ad166b6b5a6b.png

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/florida/

I say more: If these liberal saps run cities allow this anarchy then the governor can call in the National guard to restore order. And if  the liberal saps run states where the governor allows this anarchy, then a president can should deploy the military to come in to restore law and order. End of Story 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, morrobay said:

I say more: If these liberal saps run cities allow this anarchy then the governor can call in the National guard to restore order. And if  the liberal saps run states where the governor allows this anarchy, then a president can should deploy the military to come in to restore law and order. End of Story 

I remember when the Bad Orange Man tried to do just that during the Summer of Love (and mostly peaceful block burning riots).  You'd have sworn he tried to re-implement slavery based on the backlash from the BLM hucksters and their fans.  So entire city blocks burned.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

East Coast retirees have been going to Florida for 100 years.

Those retirees seem to be bringing quite a few jobs with them.

Florida gained 240,600 jobs (2.5%) since December 2022.

https://www.floridajobs.org/workforce-statistics/workforce-statistics-data-releases/latest-statistics

Lots of those jobs seem to be coming from New York refugees...

https://moneywise.com/employment/florida-overtakes-new-york-in-job-numbers

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

I remember when the Bad Orange Man tried to do just that during the Summer of Love (and mostly peaceful block burning riots).  You'd have sworn he tried to re-implement slavery based on the backlash from the BLM hucksters and their fans.  So entire city blocks burned.

Re read my post. A president can declare national emergency and deploy the military. That's what martial law is for. ^^^ 

And on this topic as well as all the WALL mumbo jumbo from the usual suspects - Have better things to do.

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Deluded nonsense.

So is it your position that Democrats supporting Hamas in their effort to eradicate Israel will not influence more American Jews to vote Republican? 

• Confused 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Apparently the Trump haters in the party have been praying for this. They want a two horse race to give Haley some momentum. The only momentum I wish for her is a spaceship to take her off to another planet where she could destroy it to her heart's content. Haley vs Trump? No contest for my vote, faux Indian Haley wouldn't get it in a million years. DeSantis has endorsed Trump, thank the lord.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

Apparently the Trump haters in the party have been praying for this. They want a two horse race to give Haley some momentum. The only momentum I wish for her is a spaceship to take her off to another planet where she could destroy it to her heart's content. Haley vs Trump? No contest for my vote, faux Indian Haley wouldn't get it in a million years. DeSantis has endorsed Trump, thank the lord.

And (I am pretty sure) Hayley has said she will support Trump as well.

• Agree 1