Kamala Harris Takes Center Stage as Advocate for Abortion Rights Ahead of 2024 Elections

Social Media

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

Very easy,

She is a capable, smart, sophisticated , successful, and well educated lady,  

If you think that about her it's obviously pointless continuing a discussion with someone that is so blind to her faults. I've never claimed that Trump  was capable, smart, sophisticated , successful, and well educated, but I'd prefer him over Bumbler Biden and a million % over Harris.

Question: If she is so great why did she get wiped in her primary?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you think that about her it's obviously pointless continuing a discussion with someone that is so blind to her faults. I've never claimed that Trump  was capable, smart, sophisticated , successful, and well educated, but I'd prefer him over Bumbler Biden and a million % over Harris.

Question: If she is so great why did she get wiped in her primary?

So you think it's OK to end U.S. democracy then and replace it with a dictatorship. I recall you're not American. If so, even more offensive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you think that about her it's obviously pointless

Its not just me who thinks that. In fact what you said above applies to you. 

-Fierst she is a lawyer , you don't become one  by being stupid, She became  AG of California again not by being stupid, Manage to garner enough support to run for president, and became Vice president of the USA. 

Intelligent  (check) 

capable (check)

Successful (check)

-Howard University (BA) University of California, 

Well educated (check)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sirineou said:

-Fierst she is a lawyer , you don't become one  by being stupid, She became  AG of California again not by being stupid, Manage to garner enough support to run for president, and became Vice president of the USA. 

Intelligent  (check) 

capable (check)

Successful (check)

Well educated (check)

You do if you are a non-white woman in liberal Californistan.  You fall upwards to govt job after govt job. You make friends and they 'support' you as you work your way through the system. Witness Kamala's 'relationship' with Willie Brown. 

She is a terrible public speaker, shallow and vacuous, treats her staff like dirt, and perhaps the only politician in America with a lower approval rating than Joe Biden. 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you think it's OK to end U.S. democracy then and replace it with a dictatorship. I recall you're not American. If so, even more offensive.

How exactly would electing Trump end democracy and replace it with a dictatorship. Walk me through the steps to get there.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Intelligent  (check) 

capable (check)

Successful (check)

Well educated (check)

They don't care about any of that. In fact it's antithetical to what they want which is to break the system, not shore it up. Why else would you choose people like Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, Stephen Miller. Mark Meadows, Paul Manfort and the traitor Flynn to run your administration.  The ethos of the republican party is just follow the money.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

You do if you are a non-white woman in liberal Californistan. 

Yes indeed, I bet she did not even show up for her bar, she just send a picture, and being the only woman lawyer in California was automatically made AG.

from there it's just  a hop and a skip to the White house

:cheesy:

25 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yes indeed, I bet she did not even show up for her bar, she just send a picture, and being the only woman lawyer in California was automatically made AG.

You are not far wrong, my friend. Especially once you get into the ranks of Democratic party politics in California.  Not to mention being picked for VP in spite of not even making it to ONE primary contest, and polling somewhere around 1% in your home state.  Having James Clyburn as a mentor only mirrored the help she got from WIllie Brown at the state level. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, sirineou said:

I don't want to get into a debate as to what is reasonable . The subject has been debated to death. 

Reasonable is a subjective term , so let's keep faith out of this, since faith by definition requires the suspension of reason. And let's keep politics out of it (is it possible?) since I hope we can all agree , politicians serve only one master, and regardless of what they might say  and it is neither you or the good of the country. 

I'm only asking you for your opinion. 

You claim you "...hope we can all agree...", but you're too weak to even state your opinion.

It's the left that does not want an agreement on this, they need abortion like they need racism and they will keep them going as long as they can. 

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

-Fierst she is a lawyer , you don't become one  by being stupid,

Mediocre student in a medioce school, and flunked the bar the first time she took it. 

She became  AG of California again not by being stupid,

No, by banging Willie Brown, a married man,

Manage to garner enough support to run for president, and became Vice president of the USA.

That the VP spot had to a black woman narrowed it down quite a bit. 

Intelligent  (check) 

capable (check)

Successful (check)

Well educated (check)

Too funny

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

You do if you are a non-white woman in liberal Californistan.  You fall upwards to govt job after govt job. You make friends and they 'support' you as you work your way through the system. Witness Kamala's 'relationship' with Willie Brown. 

She is a terrible public speaker, shallow and vacuous, treats her staff like dirt, and perhaps the only politician in America with a lower approval rating than Joe Biden. 

Of course your life’s accomplishments are by far superior to mere Kamala’s after all as a woman of color living in a single parent household managed to become a lawyer then da then AG of the state with the 5th largest economy on the planet making the most creative advances on the planet then she was elected a senator of that state then made VP……….ahhh ok oh did I forget to mention the outstanding stockmarket or the outstanding unemployment #s or the meaningful legislation accomplished by this administration…….naaa can it dude 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tug said:

Of course your life’s accomplishments are by far superior to mere Kamala’s after all as a woman of color living in a single parent household managed to become a lawyer then da then AG of the state with the 5th largest economy on the planet making the most creative advances on the planet then she was elected a senator of that state then made VP……….ahhh ok oh did I forget to mention the outstanding stockmarket or the outstanding unemployment #s or the meaningful legislation accomplished by this administration…….naaa can it dude 

No need to be personal my friend.  People are entitled to opinions without having superior accomplishments- otherwise the tv would be utterly berefit of any news or commentary. Ironically, you yourself would have to walk small when criticizing a man who accomplished even MORE than the good Ms. Harris- yet somehow it doesn't stop you from bloviating constantly about the former President, does it?

And you are right, she has fallen upwards by kissing the right butts (or other parts) until at last she has risen to a position that she is completely obviously unable to perform. Seriously, you want HER running the country possibly? She hasn't worked a day in her life in the private sector, hasn't run so much as a lemonade stand in her entire life. 

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

No need to be personal my friend.  People are entitled to opinions without having superior accomplishments- otherwise the tv would be utterly berefit of any news or commentary. Ironically, you yourself would have to walk small when criticizing a man who accomplished even MORE than the good Ms. Harris- yet somehow it doesn't stop you from bloviating constantly about the former President, does it?

And you are right, she has fallen upwards by kissing the right butts (or other parts) until at last she has risen to a position that she is completely obviously unable to perform. Seriously, you want HER running the country possibly? She hasn't worked a day in her life in the private sector, hasn't run so much as a lemonade stand in her entire life. 

She's the border Czar, yes? That seems to be going well. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I do o I’m a native Californian as long as you work this state is paved with gold it’s not an accident it’s the 5th largest economy on the planet you are dead wrong she is by far and away more qualified than Mr bankruptcy trump.and I take my country’s democracy very personally indeed

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

She's the border Czar, yes? That seems to be going well. 

Yea the finally got a deal that the senate can live with in a bipartisan manner and trumpy is desperately trying to kill it 

11 hours ago, sirineou said:

Intelligent  (check) 

capable (check)

Successful (check)

Well educated (check)

I personally know two lawyers and both horrible people. I've never had an experience with a lawyer that did a good job for me.

So, don't try and use that "she's a lawyer so has to be a great choice"  BS with me.

I also know plenty of useless people that are university graduates.

She didn't become VP on her own bat- Americans get the president and VP on the same vote, far as I know. If it was a separate vote I doubt she'd have been the VP.

Anyway, that's all irrelevant as I judge people on what they do, not on what bits of paper they have, and she was a failure on the southern border.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, sirineou said:

I don't know why you think being AG in California is such a great deal. Hasn't California become a state that clever people are abandoning in droves to move to other states like Texas?

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

and became Vice president of the USA. 

She's Biden's guaranty against ever getting impeached.  Sheer genius selecting her.  But not because she's competent.  Just the opposite.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Tug said:

I do o I’m a native Californian as long as you work this state is paved with gold it’s not an accident it’s the 5th largest economy on the planet you are dead wrong she is by far and away more qualified than Mr bankruptcy trump.and I take my country’s democracy very personally indeed

Yea the finally got a deal that the senate can live with in a bipartisan manner and trumpy is desperately trying to kill it 

You mean the bill that gets them processed thought the borders faster?

I hope it's dead and that The Republicans that support it are voted out. 

8 hours ago, Tug said:

Thank you for not addressing any of my points. That in itself is a telling answer.  Love to hear specifically her qualifications. 

38 minutes ago, impulse said:

She's Biden's guaranty against ever getting impeached.  Sheer genius selecting her.  But not because she's competent.  Just the opposite.

Impeachment  does not remove a President, only conviction by the Senate does, and it requires 2/3 for the Senate to convict.

The House of representatives impeaches, the Senate convicts ,

so to remove a president a party will need both a majority in the house, and a super majority of 2/3rds in the senate.As far as I know something this  has never  happen in the history of the USA

So you are saying that when Biden picked his VP his main consideration was fear that he would lose the majority in the house, and 2/3rds of the senate, and then be impeached in the house and Convicted in the Senate,

so you are saying that he picked Kamala Harris for his VP to insulate himself from such danger?

:clap2:
 As the the rest of the comments by you and others regarding Harris's , intelligence, education and success , You convicted  me! I see the light now, she is an unsuccessful uneducated,unseechesfull bimbo, whose turn was to become AG , because they  run out of other lawyer women of color . 

21 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Thank you for not addressing any of my points. That in itself is a telling answer.  Love to hear specifically her qualifications. 

In all fairness, the only clear job requirements were black, and women. She's half black and (per Willie Brown) all women. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I personally know two lawyers and both horrible people. I've never had an experience with a lawyer that did a good job for me.

So, don't try and use that "she's a lawyer so has to be a great choice"  BS with me.

I also know plenty of useless people that are university graduates.

She didn't become VP on her own bat- Americans get the president and VP on the same vote, far as I know. If it was a separate vote I doubt she'd have been the VP.

Anyway, that's all irrelevant as I judge people on what they do, not on what bits of paper they have, and she was a failure on the southern border.

None of the useless people you know are attoneys general.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know you were being sarcastic, but I happen to agree with that.

Perhaps you can point out something she has succeeded at while VP. I know of nothing.

I realise you are not American and know very little about the US other than what Fox tells you, But do you even know what the role of the VP is?  

On 1/22/2024 at 8:59 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

And stop once the baby is delivered. 

Is that an all inclusive statement about all republicans?  What about the progressive left?  Would they help women and baby after the baby is born?   Perhaps, if money is involved, is my opinion. 
I helped 6 women find help.   They all went to planned parenthood and were told that they did not provide any prenatal care.   Planned parenthood then tried to convince each of them to abort the baby.   Women refused.  Two planned parent hood facilities referred two women to pediatric facilities (I think they were pediatric facilities), that were no longer in business.  One place referred a woman back to planned parenthood.  

I located three places that helped the women and babies through prenatal and after birth.   Four of the woman were still receiving assistance from those three facilities for their babies and themselves 2 years after birth, I think one moved to another state and one married.   It was easy to see, from literature and other means, that none of the three facilities the six women went to were associated with the progressive left.   Two were not receiving any federal funds.  Those two survived on donations and volunteers from the local community and with medical personnel also volunteering.    I don't know if the third facilities was receiving any federal funds.   

Off topic of my post a bit, but I knew a woman California, that would get pregnant, then get an abortion, because she would then be eligible for free health and dental care for a year!  

On 1/23/2024 at 12:51 AM, 300sd said:

She's advocate for abortion rights. That should help. Why not just make her the czar.

She was supposed, as reported in the news, to spearhead efforts to address the crisis at the U.S. / Mexico border.   I did hear her talk about it in a video, so I guess she did her job of addressing it!

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I realise you are not American and know very little about the US other than what Fox tells you, But do you even know what the role of the VP is?  

In the case of Kamala Harris, it was to make the left look inclusive by her being a "black" woman.