Good Place In Cm For A Child's Birthday Party?

mild7even

My son's fifth birthday is coming up soon and we're looking for a good venue in CM.

It will be mostly adults, but with a few of his like-aged cousins.

I thought about Pizza Hut, but the food is terrible. Maybe a park, but would like to keep it indoors in case of rain.

Any suggestions or tips from those who've had a great child's birthday party around here?

Thanks...

Edited by mild7even

There's a place on Nimanhamen Rd called Kids Edu Centre (I think) almost directly oppsite Mike's Burgers. It's on the 3rd floor of the building & it's just a massive space with slides, bouncy castle, climbing frames, wendy house, climbing wall & other cool stuff. there're rubber mats covering the whole floor. It's good, but it's a bit soul-less. It needs music & lots of kids in there!

If you do wanna do an outside thing, check out the Park & Botanic Gardens at the Horizon Hotel on the Chiang Mai -Doi Saket road. It's great. There's a mini zoo, a maze, loads of amazing topiary animals & a massive swimming pool. There're loads of picnic areas & shady places & loads of space! I took my daughter there for her birthday today. She loved it!

Hope you have a good one wherever you decide on.

• 3 weeks later...
. . . bump . . .

Mild7even - where did you end up?

JxP

i would be interested to know as well. sure helps in planning something for the kids when the time comes. where is p1p? havent seen him posting for a while and i am sure he has some good contribution to this thread.

TB

. . . bump . . .

Mild7even - where did you end up?

JxP

Funny... the simplest thing worked out best. Our neighbor and friend offered us the use of her house, with a big courtyard and some adequate cooking facilities. We whipped up loads of fried chicken and french fries, and some noodles, of course. Special kudos to Paradise Pizza for making us a couple pizzas on a Sunday. I guess the dining room is closed on Sunday, but they have somebody there making pizzas for another bar/restaurant. We gave them a heads up and they agreed to make us a couple and have them ready at the right time. We used one of the pizzas for birthday candles, and my son loved being able to blow them out twice (pizza and cake). As I mentioned in another thread, kudos to JJ Cafe for an absolutely delicious birthday cake.

Sorry I can't make any recommendations for other places, but doing it close to home really worked out well. No issues explaining to friends/family where the place was, it was close to home and therefore more comfortable, and no problems with kids making a ruckus. Wonderful party!

My son's fifth birthday is coming up soon and we're looking for a good venue in CM.

It will be mostly adults, but with a few of his like-aged cousins.

I thought about Pizza Hut, but the food is terrible. Maybe a park, but would like to keep it indoors in case of rain.

Any suggestions or tips from those who've had a great child's birthday party around here?

Thanks...

The Dukes is family friendly and have a kids menu and activities to keep them amused. Call and ask them (or book) if they can organize something for you.

The Duke's

49/4-5 Chiangmai-Lamphun Road

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Tel.: 0 5324 9231

Mild7even

That's pretty much what we usually end up doing for our mob, keeping it at home does make it simpler in many ways and there really isn't that much available in the way of "children's venues" - I'm still waiting hopefully for somewhere that I can take the family, enjoy a meal and a drink or two whilst being able to leave the children in a creche/play area . . . .

Glad your lad had a good one.

JxP