Fewer Japanese tourists have visited Thailand in a historic first

webfact

23 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

Where do you get your statistics from?

I get them from the street.

Way more reliable..

Xenophobic? Fook yes.

It happens when you realize how stupid most ppl are.

..and the Japanese are among the stupidest sheeple I ever encountered.

There.

Really?

Doesn't sound like the Japan that I live in.... maybe where you live it is different. 

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

But I find ass wiping farangs are moving in droves to find their future brides in all those brothels fronting as bars and then eventually move to Issan and build their mansions surrounded by dilapidated wood dwellings. May be they find cold water in their asses amusing after wiping their asses with paper for years. 

Have you ever been to Isan?  The constant negative stereotyping of this area is horrible.  As a non-Thai I enjoy it here.  There are extremely more brothels in each little city that only caters to Thai and Asian men.  Not including the brothels on the borders that cater to Asian men who like underage girls.  It would be nice to see Thailand clean up itself and cater to families.  The Japanese are not coming here because as it has been stated their Yen is in decline against the almighty baht.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mike Lister said:

You're right, the subject is off topic, I was just covering off your statement about currency exchange rates when you said, "and most especially so against the AUD". 

Fixed my statement so not read out of context (update in bold and undelined)

"USD to THB is OK - but THB is over-valued against the GBP and YEN ......... and most especially so against the AUD." 

2 hours ago, proton said:

I know several Japanese who come several times a year only to go to music concerts, some are total fanatics worse than Thais

I suppose they are not coming for Thai artists, as they are mostly unknown in the rest of the world and /or Karaokesingers who can't sing at all

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bokningar said:

They might not be so keen in spending their time with Russians and Chines

Who can blame them.

Yes indeed. A Japanese friend told me recently he no longer wanted to holiday in Thailand because of the numbers of chinese to be found all over the country.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

At what point do they stop obsessing with China and a few other countries?

Why would Thailand stop obsessing with China? It's a nearby market with the most potential tourists in the world. 

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I suppose they are not coming for Thai artists, as they are mostly unknown in the rest of the world and /or Karaokesingers who can't sing at all

555 of course they come for Thai singers they are quite popular in Japan, especially luktung and morlam singers. Karaoke singers are just amateurs not professionals. We knew a Japanese company director with the firms car and driver a few years ago, he would pick us up and take us to concerts. One time to korat and back from Bkk the same evening or Pattaya and back just to see one singer, Kanchanaburi, all over the place. He would drop us off and carry on to try and catch the last of another concert, dedicated lot.

Not just Japanese, we took a guy who had flown from China a while back just to see Luktarn sing at a shopping centre, the type of singer the Japanese like as well, she's from CM

Edited by proton

7 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Thailand has the largest community outside of Japan.

As of October 2022 there are 78,000+ Japanese living in Thailand.

The Japanese are the most traveled population in the world.

It sounds like you're xenophobic.....

Look no further than the Japanese government's own website.  https://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/toko/tokei/hojin/index.html
(Click on PDF or Excel link once on the page.)

Or refer to the attachment below. Thailand (red box) has dropped in ranking according to the data of the government of Japan.
As of 2023 Thailand has the 5th largest population of Japanese residents outside of Japan after being overtaken by Canada, eh!
78,000+ Japanese living in Thailand is consistent with the MoFA Japan website for 2022.  Otherwise try qualifying your opinions with "I think" or "I believe" etc.

overseasjapan.jpg.e6589478b2edaa41c371ee6560774405.jpg

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Quality tourists want quality service and amenities... Thailand has neither.

It's a back-packers paradise with beer, beach and bar-girls.

Thailand has some of the most spectacular landscapes in the world, and some incredible beaches. A brilliant culture, great street food (when they are not trying to ban it), and some fascinating history.

Thailand has the hard part all done. The easy part the fail on. 

You would think the easy part would be providing the world class services and amenities, and cutting out the shady practises on the ground.  But sadly no, there is little will to make changes. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1