Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

39 minutes ago, retarius said:

Here is an extraordinary article from the Guardian which commits on the recent interim judgement from ICJ and the moral dilemma it poses for the West principally the US. It is thoughtful and thought-provoking and will be interesting to see how the US handle any popular, upcoming measures which are sure to be brought before the UN, and exposes the hypocrisy in the US's pro-Israel position. Read and enjoy.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2024/jan/26/icj-gaza-decision-shores-up-rules-based-order-and-puts-west-to-test

Why on earth would it make it awkward for the US?

“We continue to believe that allegations of genocide are unfounded and note the court did not make a finding about genocide or call for a ceasefire in its ruling and that it called for the unconditional, immediate release of all hostages being held by Hamas,” a US State Department spokesperson told The Times of Israel.

“The court’s ruling is consistent with our view that Israel has the right to take action to ensure the terrorist attacks of October 7 cannot be repeated, in accordance with international law,” the spokesperson said.

It does make it very awkward for Hamas however. They have been ordered to release all hostages immediately without any preconditions. Something also issued in the last UN Security Council resolution. Not that terrorists take any notice but the ICJ has allowed Israel to carry on killing them.

I hope you'll be calling for Hamas to release the hostages as loudly as calling for Israel to follow through with the other measures?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Morch said:

I think this ruling is not completely independent of reports about ongoing negotiations, which apparently already reached an agreed framework of month's pause in the fighting. The 'provisions' would be easier to uphold if the reports are correct - as they would be part of the temporary pause/ceasefire anyway.

I do not expect Hamas to release the hostages, though.

They'll find some excuse or the other.

For a BIG CHANGE, I agree with Morch. I don't think Hamas will release the hostages, at least not all of them, until there is a definite ceasefire. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Morch said:

And no, it does not 'help'. Especially as not 'everybody' is being bombed - other than in your imagination.

...and as reported on CNN and acknowledged by the ICJ... 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

For a BIG CHANGE, I agree with Morch. I don't think Hamas will release the hostages, at least not all of them, until there is a definite ceasefire. 

Oh, so we do not agree, then. Not quite.

I think there's very little chance Hamas will release women hostages who were sexually abused, for example. They'd claim them dead, buried under rubble, never in their possession and so on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

...and as reported on CNN and acknowledged by the ICJ... 

There was no report about everyone being bombed, and the ICJ did not say that either.

Your lying.

Now whine about being called a troll, troll.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Morch said:

I think there's very little chance Hamas will release women hostages who were sexually abused, for example. They'd claim them dead, buried under rubble, never in their possession and so on.

Yes, the sad reality is that is probably true, one of the reasons stated why Hamas broke the last hostage/prisoner exchange deal.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Morch said:

The Palestinians are not a main player when it comes to setting up a Palestinian State? You've lost the plot.

Benjamin Netanyahu Brags He's ‘Proud’ To Have Prevented A Palestinian State

Netanyahu Says He's ‘Proud’ To Have Prevented Palestinian State | HuffPost Latest News

It's obvious that the Palestinians want their own state. And it's obvious that Netanyahu doesn't want it.

He was quoted all over the media in the last days. But it seems you somehow missed that.

Even if all Palestinians would want a Palestinian state, there would be no way to establish that without the approval of Israel and the US.

Israel, at least under Netanyahu, doesn't want such a solution. And the US never does anything substantial against Israel. 

And about answering only parts of your messages: Sorry, I don't want to spend hours with this. I just pick the obvious points.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why on earth would it make it awkward for the US?

The ICJ's provisional decision makes it awkward for the US, because if the Zionists in Isreal continue to kill hosts of Palestinians while going after Hamas, the US's financial support of Israel in this matter will become very politically awkward. Especially because the US will be having a presidential election later this year.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

Morch, We do agree! :partytime2: We're getting closer and closer together! Above, you're expressing an OPINION! (Not one I necessarily agree with, but...) Good for you! 

Edited by WDSmart
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

The ICJ's provisional decision makes it awkward for the US, because if the Zionists in Isreal continue to kill hosts of Palestinians while going after Hamas, the US's financial support of Israel in this matter will become very politically awkward. Especially because the US will be having a presidential election later this year.

Next time quote my full post that had the reason why and don't take it out of context

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

Morch, We do agree! :partytime2: We're getting closer and closer together! Above, you're expressing an OPINION! Good for you! 

No, we do not, that's just more of your trolling.

You said Hamas might release the hostages if there's a ceasefire. I think otherwise.

My opinions, as opposed to yours, are more grounded in fact and reality.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Next time quote my full post that had the reason why and don't take it out of context

I do this often. I only quote the portions of a post to which I want to respond.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Netanyahu Says He's ‘Proud’ To Have Prevented Palestinian State | HuffPost Latest News

It's obvious that the Palestinians want their own state. And it's obvious that Netanyahu doesn't want it.

He was quoted all over the media in the last days. But it seems you somehow missed that.

Even if all Palestinians would want a Palestinian state, there would be no way to establish that without the approval of Israel and the US.

Israel, at least under Netanyahu, doesn't want such a solution. And the US never does anything substantial against Israel. 

And about answering only parts of your messages: Sorry, I don't want to spend hours with this. I just pick the obvious points.

Are you forgetting about Hamas? Unless they are dismantled from Gaza then the attacks on Israel will carry on.

Are you also forgetting about Palestinian people? 

Only five per cent of Palestinians support a two-state solution; three-quarters want Israel wiped off the map

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

I do this often. I only quote the portions of a post to which I want to respond.

then forget getting a response from me in future, simple as that. Its also against forum rules

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, we do not, that's just more of your trolling.

You said Hamas might release the hostages if there's a ceasefire. I think otherwise.

My opinions, as opposed to yours, are more grounded in fact and reality.

Oh, yes, I forgot. Excuse me. Only YOUR opinions should be considered. Mine are all "delusions" and trolling. I'll try to meet your expectations a little better next time. :sad:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You do not get to decide what are the 'obvious points' and then chop my posts off to your liking. Again, that's both dishonest and against forum rules. Apparently you expect your points to be addressed, but cherry picking is alright when you reply. I don't think that it's a time issue, but that you cannot actually address what I posted in a serious manner. All you have are memes.

No I have not missed Netanyahu's words. I also notice that when it suits, people say his words are worthless, and other times treat them as solid. Guess what? This predates Netanyahu, and even if wasn't for this - it still doesn't answer the question of why you think the Palestinians are a secondary player in this. Beyond bizarre.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

Oh, yes, I forgot. Excuse me. Only YOUR opinions should be considered. Mine are all "delusions" and trolling. I'll try to meet your expectations a little better next time. :sad:

I considered your 'opinions', I found them lacking. I commented on that. You were not, in any way, prevented from airing your silly 'opinions'.

Troll harder.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

then forget getting a response from me in future, simple as that. Its also against forum rules

I would be very happy if I could count on not getting a response from you in the future. I'll check the forum rules, but I didn't know we had to quote everything. They do have give us the capability of only quoting portions of something. Why would they do that if quoting the entire post was a rule? (Of course, I know I can't expect an answer to that question from you since you're not responding to me anymore. Maybe someone else could comment...) @Morch ?

Edited by WDSmart
  • Sad 1

I would be very happy if I could count on not getting a response from you in the future. I'll check the forum rules, but I didn't know we had to quote everything. They do have give us the capability of only quoting portions of something. Why would they do that if quoting the entire post was a rule? (Of course, I know I can't expect an answer to that question from you since you're not responding to me anymore. Maybe someone else could comment...) 

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

"...except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. "

That was my purpose, not altering the context.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I would be very happy if I could count on not getting a response from you in the future. I'll check the forum rules, but I didn't know we had to quote everything. They do have give us the capability of only quoting portions of something. Why would they do that if quoting the entire post was a rule? (Of course, I know I can't expect an answer to that question from you since you're not responding to me anymore. Maybe someone else could comment...) @Morch ?

Already commented on this just above, to another poster. Guess trolls got a limited attention span.

Just now, Morch said:

Already commented on this just above, to another poster. Guess trolls got a limited attention span.

I can only read and respond to one post at a time.

• Sad 1

"...except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. "

That was my purpose, not altering the context.

You're lie, it's what trolls do.

You've just copied the opening bit, and dropped the body of the reply.

Just now, Morch said:

You're lie, it's what trolls do.

You've just copied the opening bit, and dropped the body of the reply.

This is a good example of what Bkk Brian and I were discussing. I only copied the pertinent part - not all of the post (rule, in this case).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

This is a good example of what Bkk Brian and I were discussing. I only copied the pertinent part - not all of the post (rule, in this case).

You copied a rhetorical question, chopped of the main body of the post with the reply.

You're lying, it's what trolls do.

Edited by Morch

1 minute ago, Morch said:

You copied a rhetorical question, chopped of the main body of the post with the reply.

You're lying, it's what trolls do.

If we on this forum argue over such stupid things and call each other names, how could we ever expect Hamas and Zionists to come to any kind of reasonable agreement? :sad:

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

If we on this forum argue over such stupid things and call each other names, how could we ever expect Hamas and Zionists to come to any kind of reasonable agreement? :sad:

Stop making stupid comments, trolling and you will not be called names. Very easy.

Considering you cannot bring yourself to even refer to Israelis as Israelis, your whining seems ridiculous.

Just now, Morch said:

Stop making stupid comments, trolling and you will not be called names. Very easy.

Considering you cannot bring yourself to even refer to Israelis as Israelis, your whining seems ridiculous.

I will make whatever comments I feel appropriate. You may not agree with them, but that doesn't mean they are trolling.

As I've noted in detail in a prior post, I refer to the people of Israel as "Israelis" and the right-wing, militant faction there as "Zionists." Just as I refer to the people of Gaza and The West Bank as "Palestinians" and the right-wing, militant faction there as "Hamas."

I am not whining. I don't whine. I just call out what I think are your inappropriate comments, like calling my comments "stupid" and my opinions "ridiculous" or "delusions" instead of just disagreeing with them, and calling me names like "troll." 

You don't own this forum, and I have the right to post my opinions on the topic discussed, even if you disagree with them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1