Transfer money by Phone app.

48 minutes ago, rimmae2 said:
5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF the amount is more then 49,999 baht - SCB will not permit the transfer unless you are registered with NDID.

(facial recognition) - Unfortunately, SCB system doesn't allow facial recognition system for foreigners. 

So.. The first question is - is the amount more than 49,999 baht ???

Confused. Currently I have limits which include 500,000 baht to other SCB Account and 2,000,000 baht for bill payment. I can change the limits easily and quickly on SCB App and from memory most recent max transfer using APP has been about 400,000 baht. 

Am I missing something?

I can't be sure...   have you signed an NDID waver ??

In 2023 all banks in Thailand had to start using a 'facial recognition system' for mobile transfers (as a measure in fraud prevention).

This system is called NDID - National Digital ID, whereby our Identification is matched to facial recognition for any mobile transfer of 50,000 baht and over.

The NDID set up needs to carried out at our Bank.

Some Banks such as Bangkok Bank are set up for foreigners to use this system.

Other Banks, such as SCB are not set up for foreigners to use this system.

Foreigners unable to register for the NDID system cannot execute a mobile transfer above 49,999 baht unless they sign a waver absolving the bank of any responsibility should there be fraudulent activity.

Transfers below 50,000 baht can be carried out without this NDID requirement.

You mentioned that recently you made a 400,000 baht transfer from your SCB account - so its likely you have either signed the waver, or you have somehow slipped through the gaps.

Either way - I wasn't happy with having to sign the waver with SCB so moved everything across to Bangkok Bank where I have NDID working.

Note: This is obviously not the issue the Op is having as he mentioned his transaction is 20,000 baht - his issue is likely that he's trying to take a screen-shot before the transaction is fully executed.