Thai Police Uncover Massive Drug Smuggling Network in Nationwide Crackdown

webfact

Holy moly, that's what I call a bust! Seizures of this magnitude will for sure rustle some feathers. People are gonna be out of a lot of product, organizations gonna be in total chaos blaming each others, fingers(and guns) will be pointed.

All in all I think I will rate this operation 8 on a scale of 10. Congratulations to Thailand and Royal Thai Police for clearing this drugs from their lovely society.:wai:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nordic summer said:

Holy moly, that's what I call a bust! Seizures of this magnitude will for sure rustle some feathers. People are gonna be out of a lot of product, organizations gonna be in total chaos blaming each others, fingers(and guns) will be pointed.

All in all I think I will rate this operation 8 on a scale of 10. Congratulations to Thailand and Royal Thai Police for clearing this drugs from their lovely society.:wai:

According to a report by the police, there were a total of 25 million pills of amphetamine, 1,000 kilograms of methamphetamine, and other assets worth 15 million baht in total confiscated..

Yeah it's now in the safe and trusted hands of the RTP

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Who is the typical consumer of this kind of drugs? 

Thai people.

For meth (yaba).

80% of the people (~210,000) in jail (~230,000) are there for drugs. 90+ % for yaba.

Yaba is the gateway drug here, and the drug of choice.

But much of the crystal meth, 75% of the meth, and ketamine are destined for other countries. Thailand just provides safe transshipment services.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Thai people.

For meth (yaba).

80% of the people (~210,000) in jail (~230,000) are there for drugs. 90+ % for yaba.

Yaba is the gateway drug here, and the drug of choice.

But much of the crystal meth, 75% of the meth, and ketamine are destined for other countries. Thailand just provides safe transshipment services.

I mean, which category of people use it? Workers, youth, professionals...?

I have a recording and transcript from the BBC about methamphetamine in the US. A police chief of a county in Washington state says, "It's SO powerful...FIRST TIME YOU USE IT your whole world all of a sudden changes from whatever you were doing before, to meth. Always trying to find the drug. Find the drug. Find money to pay for the drug. And if they can't find it, they'll make it. 'Let's go get the stuff and we'll make it.'"

Meth in the U.S..DOC

6 hours ago, webfact said:

According to a report by the police, there were a total of 25 million pills of amphetamine, 1,000 kilograms of methamphetamine,

All will be publicly burned though witness will be kept at a distance.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, zhounan said:

Who is the typical consumer of this kind of drugs? 

People self medicating for ADHD. An Australian documentary nailed it. They interviewed a Thai wall painter who explained: "If I take this pill I can paint this wall and get paid, if I don't, I can't"

Did they also catch the police and or army officers who received the (huge) kickbacks to look the other way? Funny how you never hear anything about that…….

Edited by rudi49jr

Coincidence, just watched documentary on DW news about the 14K  triad boss 'Broken tooth' (Wan Kuok-koi ) and involvement with Hmongmen secret society. They are big in Bangkok and involved in drugs and human trafficking, also a big scam centre across the border in Burma. He apparently is a supporter of the Chinese government....

Could be related to this bust?