Can I take ten joints in a domestic flight?

Just now, ABCDBKK said:

The other alternative is to mail it to yourself by Thai EMS postal mail before you leave for Samui and then it should be at your hotel waiting for you when you arrive. 

Doesn't Thai EMS require you to declare the content? Can I declare marijuana? Is it legal to mail weed?

Took weed many time in local flight (last time was in a Samui flight in November), strong smell coming out of my bag every time I remove my laptop for security, no problem so far.

If you are uncomfortable bringing your weed with you there is plenty of weed seller in Samui (I did not test them since I bring my own).

Edited by Dewey
  • Agree 1

On 1/28/2024 at 11:23 PM, CartagenaWarlock said:

Doesn't Thai EMS require you to declare the content? Can I declare marijuana? Is it legal to mail weed

Legal to mail or courrier weed. Growers do. Have you never ordered? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/28/2024 at 10:20 PM, CartagenaWarlock said:

I'm planning to go to Koh Samui by flight in February and intend to take ten joints in a cigarette pack.

Don’t do it especially if stoned witless, you might end up boarding the wrong plane to Singapore, then you’ll be up chitt creek without a paddle.

It’s amazing how so many people complain about how expensive things are in Thailand.  How they are getting ripped off by even a few baht.  And can’t even afford certain things.  But they have enough money to buy weed. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

On 1/28/2024 at 10:28 PM, JackGats said:

Don't take cannabis on flights. Too risky, and unnecessary as you will find what you need in Samui.

Some advice on here is just plain wrong .I have been on over 50 domestic flights ,my carry on has been searched nearly everytime ,due to the fact of having my daughters ice packed medicine inside !!! Numerous funny interactions with customs over my multiple baggies of ganja ,all they want is proof from the hospital that the meds need keeping cold  and why I have the meds  ,they did not care at all about ganja !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, swm59nj said:

It’s amazing how so many people complain about how expensive things are in Thailand.  How they are getting ripped off by even a few baht.  And can’t even afford certain things.  But they have enough money to buy weed. 

I never heard about anybody complaining about things getting expensive. Anyway, my weed budget is in line with that of most drinkers. I don't drink at all and don't go to bars except in ganja cafes.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

Please explain how it is risky? 

possession is not illegal, and domestic travel with weed breaks no laws.

I'd suggest you cease advising on topics you do not understand. 

Really? What do you understand that others don't? What % of THC does Mr Know-all propose to travel with while breaking no law?

One topic I understand is that I wouldn't travel with joints through airports.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, n00dle said:

yes

On 1/28/2024 at 11:23 PM, CartagenaWarlock said: 

Is it legal to mail weed?

—-

Technically, sending weed via postal

mail is a form of distribution. Yes, presumably, it’s legal for licensed growers and licensed sellers in Thailand to post weed through the postal mail.

But there are also some additional legal hurdles that apply to selling weed online. Some online sellers adhere to them, but it seems many don’t.

Thus, I’m not certain if an unlicensed individual is allowed to legally send weed through the postal mail as it could be viewed as distribution and/or selling weed online. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1