Documents needed for getting re-entry permit at CW

Thanks, the helpful replies. I was at CW today to get my 1 year retirement Visa. So, after getting that I applied for  my re-entry permit. Same floor different section.

After getting my Visa renewal I went to the photocopy downstairs to get copy my new renewal for re-entry purposes. Added that to my reentry app but the copy of my new Visa stamp returned to me when I went to apply.

So is it the case at CW a copy of new Visa not required to get re-entry stamp?

Incidentally I noticed the 90 day report section busy despite online available.

Edited by homeseeker

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/re-entry-permit/ 

Documents required

1. Passport
  2. Application Form (TM.8) (attached photograph (4*6 cm.) that is not less than 6 months old.)
  3. A copy of passport page as follow
    • Bio data page
    • Passport expiration date page
    • Edit personal information page (if any)
    • Last entry permit stamp
    • Extension Stamp to stay in the Kingdom page (if any)
  4. Departure card (Tm.6) and 1 copy (if any)
  5. Original documents from relevant authorities and 1 copy (in case of prohibited travel outside the Kingdom)(if any)
  6. Application fee
    • 1,000 baht for one time use (Single)
    • 3,800 baht for multiple uses (Multiple)

Does anyone know if someone else can do it instead of going in person, i.e can I send a representative with all the required documents and money to get it done instead of going myself?

15 minutes ago, azt219 said:

Does anyone know if someone else can do it instead of going in person, i.e can I send a representative with all the required documents and money to get it done instead of going myself?

Officially you have to go in person and are photographed. Not sure agents can help with this at CW.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Officially you have to go in person and are photographed. Not sure agents can help with this at CW.

1 hour ago, azt219 said:

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/re-entry-permit/ 

Documents required

1. Passport
  2. Application Form (TM.8) (attached photograph (4*6 cm.) that is not less than 6 months old.)
  3. A copy of passport page as follow
    • Bio data page
    • Passport expiration date page
    • Edit personal information page (if any)
    • Last entry permit stamp
    • Extension Stamp to stay in the Kingdom page (if any)
  4. Departure card (Tm.6) and 1 copy (if any)
  5. Original documents from relevant authorities and 1 copy (in case of prohibited travel outside the Kingdom)(if any)
  6. Application fee
    • 1,000 baht for one time use (Single)
    • 3,800 baht for multiple uses (Multiple)

Use to do it without going in

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Process and requirements outlined in this thread.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308175-reentry-permit-at-chaengwattana-rd-bangkok-immigration/ 

Reentry permits also available at airports. 

Very easy process vs trip to CW.

At airport they have a service of filling in form with photo  TM8 etc 200b

I don't know why anybody would waste 2 hours going to a holiday resort to get a reentry permit when you can do it at the airport or any other immigration office in the country. 

4 minutes ago, arick said:

I don't know why anybody would waste 2 hours going to a holiday resort to get a reentry permit when you can do it at the airport or any other immigration office in the country. 

For those who are getting re-entry permits, Thailand is not a holiday resort, its home, so they are are not in a situation to want to maximise their time 'holidaying'... 

That said, I also agree that this can very easily be done at the airport...   This has been discussed on this forum before and the excuses given by some are that they find travelling stressful and don't want the added stress of potentially forgetting, so doing the re-entry permit in advance is one thing less to worry about. 

IMO - if someone is worrying about forgetting the solution is simple - Put a post-it note in your passport next to your entry stamp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

High stress leaving it to do at the airport, my luck surely the re-entry permit office closed on my departure date.....

The 're-entry permit office' as you call it... is actually 'Immigration'... it doesn't close. 

So if thats your only concern, then its moot...    the 'stress part'.. I don't understand that, but its individual, so if someone prefers to do this before hand, thats their choice. Obtaining a re-entry permit is very simple to do at the airport or at CW... 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The 're-entry permit office' as you call it... is actually 'Immigration'... it doesn't close. 

So if thats your only concern, then its moot...    the 'stress part'.. I don't understand that, but its individual, so if someone prefers to do this before hand, thats their choice. Obtaining a re-entry permit is very simple to do at the airport or at CW... 

Oh ok I thought it was some area at passport control that may not be manned all the time, getting a re-entry works for me right at extension time anyway.....or the airport no stress......