Stray bullet injures man in Bangkok car park incident

snoop1130

stray.jpg

A stray bullet hit a man in the leg as he sat in his car in a Bangkok car park last night. The incident was reported to the Thonglor police around 8.50pm by the victim, Voraset Klueniam, a 53 year old man.

Voraset was in his vehicle, stationed in a parking area on Rama 4 Road, when a bullet, originating from an unknown source, hit his right leg. The location of the incident was a car park at the Hinonmachi project near Big C’s Rama 4 branch in the Klong Tan area of Klong Toey district.

In their investigation, the police examined CCTV footage and inspected the nearby vehicles. They discovered a Toyota Fortuner in a different section of the parking area, sporting a bullet hole in the driver’s door.

On noticing a man acting suspiciously near the vehicle, the police questioned him about the bullet hole. The man, identified as Amphorn Chunate, was the driver of the Fortuner and was subsequently taken into custody.

Amphorn, who is also 53 years old, confessed that his gun had accidentally gone off. The police discovered a Colt pistol along with 14 rounds in a plastic bag inside his vehicle.

By Mitch Connor

Caption: Picture courtesy of Police TV

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I quite agree with you regarding the carrying of guns but the prolific stabbings in the UK doesn't make me think that the UK is safer than Thailand; I've been here nearly 19 years and have never felt threatened.

Knife crime in the UK belongs almost exclusively to one ethnic group. As for never feeling threatened in Thailand, I feel as if my life is on the line every time I go out on the roads. I never felt that in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Knife crime in the UK belongs almost exclusively to one ethnic group. As for never feeling threatened in Thailand, I feel as if my life is on the line every time I go out on the roads. I never felt that in the UK.

Really? where on earth do live and where do you socialize. Your ethnic group is a myth, also guns are now being used in the UK as well. Society is breaking down in the UK, probably due to increased poverty, check it out on Google. 

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Really? where on earth do live and where do you socialize. Your ethnic group is a myth, also guns are now being used in the UK as well. Society is breaking down in the UK, probably due to increased poverty, check it out on Google. 

I disagree with you. And if you think there is more gun crime in the UK than in Thailand then you live on a different planet.

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I disagree with you. And if you think there is more gun crime in the UK than in Thailand then you live on a different planet.

No not more but increasing, something unheard of in the UK earlier but then so was unheated schools and food banks.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I think the British media would have us believe that the UK is a dangerous place with youths running around with knives ready to kill us all... 

The reality is quite different...    

There are of course 'areas of cities' that are unsafe for the average person to be walking around in at night...  Thailand tends not to be the same in this manner....  Yet, whenever I'm back in the UK safety is not a concern that springs to mind and thats for confrontational crime and general safety.

When it comes to indiscriminate confrontational crime, neither is that a concern in Thailand either, but, as for 'general safety' its something I'm quite alert to... (i.e. electrics / roads / pavements etc etc)... 

Knife crime in the UK does tend to be a a concern in underprivileged city areas....    mirror that across to Thailand and the same concerns exist, we see this in the news all the time...  I'd say the knife crime in the UK inner cities is as bad as it is here, but its not indiscriminate here, so most of us get the feeling its safe here becase its not reported on to the extent it is the UK.

Gun crime... a lot more here... and a lot more unhinged tender ego's driving around with guns.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I had a staff member in the London, UK whose cousin was stabbed to death in broad daylight in 2022. Truly shocking to see as it was filmed by many innocent bystanders. I also drive a lot in the UK, I also ride a motorcycle often and drive a car in Thailand. Trust me, being on the roads in Thailand is nowhere near as dangerous as walking on the streets in certain areas in the UK. At least in Thailand drivers are not aggresive and intimidating in the same way they are in the UK. True, many are idiot drivers in Thailand but it is easy to drive defensivly and keep out of harm.