From Prioritization to Panic: US Rethinks Middle East Strategy After Intelligence Gaps

Social Media

It's impossible for the United States to not get involved in the Middle East since the militants are targeting US shipping and other interests that are vital for the US, and also because the US has alliances that are built on the condition of US military support and the global economic would be upended if the US withdrew this support.

The only upshot that I can think of is the US may want to pull support for protection of Chinese shipping in order to get Chinese military assets in the Middle East. India has already made its biggest deployment in history for example. 

And on another side note, this does look a lot like a world war.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You can't separate out the current attacks on the US without considering Israel. The far right like to artificially compartmentalize conjoined issues.

@ozimoron

You cannot make everything about Israel, regardless of how much you try or wish to.

15 hours ago, John Drake said:

I am far, far more concerned with Chinese expansion which is taking place right now and displacing Australian influence throughout Melanesia.

They can only replace Australian influence if those countries prefer China. The question is why they would, and what did Australia get wrong?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They can only replace Australian influence if those countries prefer China. The question is why they would, and what did Australia get wrong?

Why? Money. The Chinese delegation was seen entering the Solomons with suitcases full of money. And the president who reversed course and went with China, if I remember correctly, then disappeared with the money.

• Agree 1

On 2/2/2024 at 3:51 PM, John Drake said:

Why? Money. The Chinese delegation was seen entering the Solomons with suitcases full of money. And the president who reversed course and went with China, if I remember correctly, then disappeared with the money.

Seems we do live in a world of greed.

I guess we really are doomed then.

The ironic thing is that the money they are using was given to them by the west in exchange for shoddy cheap products.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The ironic thing is that the money they are using was given to them by the west in exchange for shoddy cheap products.

Subsidizing their own destruction.

• Thumbs Up 1