Thai food vendor sparks debate after giving free food to foreign backpacker

43 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Very kind vendor... who are the ones to complain?? If I want to give a plate of food to someone it is my action nothing more. Can the ones who complain/comment about it not look at their own behaviour/attitude before saying something. 

Until now, from what I have seen, people have not pointed at the vendor's kindness, have they??

Comments were rather targeted towards the girl.

• Agree 2

Probably doesn't have any travel insurance either, nothing wrong if the food was going to waste, but it's embarrassing, if you go travelling you really need get your <deleted> in order & that means having enough money etc.....

• Confused 3

53 minutes ago, proton said:

Captain woke has spoken, anyone who does not give to anyone that asks is a hard hearted uncompassionate, selfish demon. The ones that are conned we call mugs. I don't care about beg packers, illegal immigrants, scam artists, overstayers or kiddie fiddlers, they all deserve the boot.

I have been conned once, shame on me. This guy was very good. He stole my Face book account and  even diverted 2 or 3 of email accounts of my friends. It took me 5 months to find him out.

He wasn't that smart though because he tried it again a year later using the same name and account. He was himself, 2 of my friends, his boss, he was also a famous lawyer in the USA. What tripped him up was when he became a female FBI agent and gave me her email address as well.

Unluckily for him I spoke to some real FBI agents at the US embassy in Bangkok and they gave me some useful information.

Other than that he was very very good.

Edited by billd766

Over the years i have gorged myself on free food from the Thais. Weddings, funerals, parties, school doos, monks donations that they couldnt eat all of etc

But never at a restaurant I wasnt a regular at.

I will give it a try tomorrow. Dress up in my worst clothes and wont bother showering.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Very nice of the street vendor and I wonder if  anything was edited from the video. 

Normally (Well at least from my perspective) I would have thought the backpacker would at least offer to clean up / do the dishes or offer some sort of help for the free meal. 

Only those that were there will know. 

But then maybe the immigration people will be hunting you  for working without a visa... 

Can't win either way. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1