Diving Instructor Courses?

whitethai

Aquanauts and Mermaids are the two big ones in Pattaya. Compare the price and what you get for it. Quality is good with both. Aquanauts is not as big and you will get a more personal aproach, but they run just one boat in Pattaya (they rent a second one for one day a week for Samesan dives). Mermaids has several Boats. On going every Day for Samesan Dives, on just for Interns, going many times to the far Ilands. If you are in Thailand, I would recomend to dive with both and then decide.

<br />Aquanauts and Mermaids are the two big ones in Pattaya. Compare the price and what you get for it. Quality is good with both. Aquanauts is not as big and you will get a more personal aproach, but they run just one boat in Pattaya (they rent a second one for one day a week for Samesan dives). Mermaids has several Boats. On going every Day for Samesan Dives, on just for Interns, going many times to the far Ilands. If you are in Thailand, I would recomend to dive with both and then decide.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanksssssss

I did all my OW to instructor level courses in samui, kohtao and phuket with three dive companies.

It depends what padi level you going for....If it's Open water, Advance O.W and rescue, from my experiance going with small

dive center is recommanded because you get personalized attn

Anything from dive master and above, you better do with larger dive centers, not because they teach better, because they are better facilitated like own boats, classrooms, swiming pools for training....

Edited by BKKDUDE

<br />I did all my OW to instructor level courses in samui, kohtao and phuket with three dive companies.<br /><br />It depends what padi level you going for....If it's Open water, Advance O.W and rescue, from my experiance going with small<br />dive center is recommanded because you get personalized attn<br /><br />Anything from dive master and above, you better do with larger dive centers, not because they teach better, because they are better facilitated like own boats, classrooms, swiming pools for training....<br />
<br /><br /><br />

How many lessons do you need?

No one mentioned Krabi?

Also good diving centre with several laid-back companies.

Don't know how Koh Phi Phi is after the tsunami, but I had Swedish friends there beforehand, who made a fair living. But you won't get rich anywhere, there are many Thai instructors who keep the wage levels to local rates and are as good as any farang.

You'd do it for fun, not for anything above survival level pay.

Has anyone or know of someone that has done the scuba technicians courese at Mermaids ? Not being a diver myself I was ( but having worked in engineering all my life ) wondering if this could be a possible way of earning a living in Thailand. I've searched the web for courses in UK but have come up empty so it seems the course in Pattaya is pretty unique.

Has anyone or know of someone that has done the scuba technicians courese at Mermaids ? Not being a diver myself I was ( but having worked in engineering all my life ) wondering if this could be a possible way of earning a living in Thailand. I've searched the web for courses in UK but have come up empty so it seems the course in Pattaya is pretty unique.

I did. It's a good course and Steve Burton is a very good Teacher. Best to take the full monthy, but you should ask for a garantie that there are not more then 4 People on the course.

For going up to Instructor. Koh Tao has not the best reputation. Diving in Pattaya is not the best in Thailand (visibility), but you learn a lot because of that. You will later on know how to navigate and find back to the boat. And you will remember to watch your students, so you will not loose them. You will learn to watch whats around you, you will pay attention to the little things too. It's not all about the big fishes. The big ones are easy to spot, but you have to learn where to find the little and also very interessting stuff.

Nearly p***ed myself laughing there. I thought he wrote Driving Instructor. The way the Thais drive I guess there's no need for one of those!! :o

Must admit I mis-read exactly the same , talk about a job with no prospects in Pattaya