Tourism Concerns Spark Plea for Alcohol Sales Law Change

webfact

On 2/3/2024 at 7:15 AM, daveAustin said:

What tourism concerns? They were just saying how great it was going to be this year. While you’re at it, perhaps also point out how ridiculously expensive (after tax) alcohol is here—look at Vietnam and Cambodia for ideas—and also worth mentioning the horrible monopoly on beer and the extortionate wine tax. Addressing those issues will surely bring in more tourists.  😉

Not when you've got all these dumskis saying cheap Charlie and willing to pay £100  for Xmas Dinner...plebs the.lot of em

14 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Are you sure? I just read a few of your posts. I won't say what I really think of you.

You are very much entitled to your opinions. As for me I'm off to buy some eggs, some rice and have a couple of beers at the M&P shop.

Alcohol is bad you say but much of western society is based on the works of .....

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable.
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table.
David Hume could out-consume
Schopenhauer and Hegel,
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.
There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.
Plato, they say, could stick it away
Half a crate of whiskey every day.
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle,
Hobbes was fond of his dram,
And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart:
'I drink, therefore I am'
Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed;
A lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed!

https://mojim.com/usy143475x5x6.htm

Thank you Monty Python.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, uttradit said:

If you can't last a week without alcohol you have an addiction. If you are addicted you could buy enough to last 24 hours could you not? 

easy enough to buy beer in bulk to take home and consume miserably on your own, but it's more enjoyable to drink and chat with friendly companions whatever the hour.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So.....  why can I go to Blueport in Hua Hin  and get turned away @ 2:05 then drive  3 minutes  down the road to  Villa Mkt and buy anything I want  @ any time  of the day ?  ,same same  @ Wine Pro 

How UTTRADIT came to the conclusion I live in Thailand confirms my comment. Maybe he is part of the inmates club.

I visit Thailand 3 times a year so my wife can spend time with her family. Did have a house in Thailand many years ago but got sick of the biase and bureaucratic nonsense expats had to put up with.

• Agree 1

On 2/3/2024 at 7:15 AM, daveAustin said:

What tourism concerns? They were just saying how great it was going to be this year. While you’re at it, perhaps also point out how ridiculously expensive (after tax) alcohol is here—look at Vietnam and Cambodia for ideas—and also worth mentioning the horrible monopoly on beer and the extortionate wine tax. Addressing those issues will surely bring in more tourists.  😉

Spot on. Probably the worst selection of 'beers' in all of Asia.

If you want to buy alcohol outside of the ridiculous time zones here, just use your local mom n pop shop. Simples.

• Agree 1

On 2/3/2024 at 5:13 AM, webfact said:

revising the law prohibiting the sale of alcoholic beverages from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM

What law?? When I lived in Thailand, out in rural sugarcane country, there were no time restrictions as the "Mom & Pop" shops were able to oblige any time - and probably still do!