Recommendations for what brand FRIDGE

rumak

I love Samsung but find the ones i've had to be a bit noisy .   Maybe the latest models are better ?

Or,  anyone bought a Fridge recently that is  QUIET ?        what brand do you guys like ?

3 hours ago, rumak said:

I love Samsung but find the ones i've had to be a bit noisy .   Maybe the latest models are better ?

Or,  anyone bought a Fridge recently that is  QUIET ?        what brand do you guys like ?

SWMBO just told me that we were getting a new on and got a Samsung RH64A53F115/ST, the third door is amazingly useful.

Due to recent surgery I have had to sleep within 2 meters of it for the last week and the loudest sound is the ice maker dumping occasionally, the compressor is totally silent.

We bought a clapped out fridge for a couple of hundred baht to trade in, it reduced the price by 3,000. We bought from HomePro online as it was cheaper than from the HomePro store.

IMG_8282.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

We bought a Samsung 17.8 cf two door unit a few months ago and it is very quiet and price is very good.  The downside its doors have no handle so you have to grab in an opening a bit back from opening edge losing leverage.  Very hard to open when hands full.  You will not open if in a vacuum cycle and even normal opening not comfortable.  But if you can live with that seems to work well (and can be converted to all refrigerator if you do not require a freezer).

Samsung should be best if need parts or service.  They sell a lot.  And expect they are made for Thailand temps (know they used to have 3 models depending on how hot) - low volume imports might not be as reliable.

Edited by lopburi3

We bought our second Mitsubishi MR-LX60ES 5 door inverter refrigerator recently for our Guest House up-country.

The first one we bought was about 4 years ago for our current house in Najomtien.

Very quiet, very reliable, recovers from power outages well, and the ice-maker is inside so no noise at all.

It is a cleverly designed big fridge with a large freezer, and perfect for our lifestyle.

You can check them out at HomePro, but I think that their online prices are pretty similar to store prices.

image.png.40696c1017b78ecd486376259a87bf6f.png