Nearly 40 Thai, Foreign Tourists Injured As Pattaya-Bound Bus Hit Trailer-Truck

webfact

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

With the Chinese new year just around the corner, expect lot more of the same...

China's economy is collapsing. Their stock market is at 5 year lows. The people are angry and many of those who used to have wealth now don't. These are the main Chinese tourists headed to Thailand so there will likely be a reduced number this time. 

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Another high speed rear end collision.  Nothing will ever change their terrible driving habits are ingrained in the culture.

They can’t help it since evolving from riding buffalos where the buffalos managed the collision avoidance.

it’s the buffalos fault for not passing this skill forward.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, steevjee said:

I only hope when Move Forward Party does get in they will do a huge clean out of lazy, corrupt cops and focus on employing cops who will actually work to protect the Thai public.

The whole current Police procedure manual can be torn up and they should get advisers in from Singapore, Australia etc to train them on how to run a Police Force that will work to bring down the hideous road toll

you really are dreaming!

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

So who pays all  the hospital bills will it be the Tourists? Why should insurance companies have to pay unless it is the bus companies?

Should be the bus company, but no doubt the tourist may have to pay and then claim off the bus company after filling out 20 pages in triplicate and copying every page of your passport and showing medical reports and 50 photos of the injuries. Cant see any Insuranc company paying out has the coach crashed into the BACK of the truck at high speed. Driver error. Company problem. They would want his bus driver's license and passenger insurance,

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Nordic summer said:

Not to mention the Pattaya frequent fliers club:sad:

We can not take in all that is bad in the world(that would be unbearable), so we desensitize ourselves to some degree.

However, we should take care not to end up with hearts cold as stone. The trick is finding a middle way.

Gopod reason not to sit in the first 3 rows 

2 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

Cant see any Insuranc company paying out has the coach crashed into the BACK of the truck at high speed.

At High speed is irrelevant, the bus crashed INTO the Truck. 

1 hour ago, stix40 said:

Always in a hurry

Cannot wait 

Always some one  up your arse 

Overtaking on the left

Overtaking on the hill

Overtaking on the bend 

Looking at Facebook

Looking at a movie 

Cannot see out of the windscreen because it's 90 % tinted

Cannot see out of the windscreen because of budah structures or luang  por figures

Cannot stop because because there is 6 ton in a 1 ton pickup 

Cannot stop because the breaks don't work

Cannot steer properly because the front wheels are not touching the ground due to weight distribution

Please feel free to add to the list 😜

Drunk...

Thailand is a paradise for road's rules breakers, never see a policemen on any roads, be it highways or locals, drivers

of all sorts of vehicles just do what they like to do without fear ( nevermind that IF they get caught, couple of

banknotes changing hands will wipe the slate clean) so no one should be surprised when these kinds of accidents

are happening and WILL continue to happen...

Tourists most welcome, but please bring your own seat belts and personal airbags. Hopefully the tourists on this bus will be able to walk down Walking Street behind an official flag bearing guide !

1 hour ago, steevjee said:

I only hope when Move Forward Party does get in they will do a huge clean out of lazy, corrupt cops and focus on employing cops who will actually work to protect the Thai public.

The whole current Police procedure manual can be torn up and they should get advisers in from Singapore, Australia etc to train them on how to run a Police Force that will work to bring down the hideous road toll

You´d better send your letter to Santa Claus now...

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

So who pays all  the hospital bills will it be the Tourists? Why should insurance companies have to pay unless it is the bus companies?

that's the purpose of insurance, 

why the bus company, was it to blame for the 'accident'

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Those big trucks are supposed to be in the left lane... I hope the driver is charged for his illegal actions causing bodily harm. Ohh wait, I forgot this is Thailand and being charged for driving  offences means paying off a bribe. 

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Speeding and tailgating? 2024 and Thailand still doesn't understand why this is dangerous and allows it everyday. More to come soon.

Unfortunately, tailgating or remaining on the wrong lane is not only a Thai thing.

In Europe, we have the same issue with Dutch drivers, be it on Belgian E411, German Autobahnen or French motorways.

Especially when they drive their car with their mobile house, try to overtake other vehicles, then stay on the overtaking lane, blocking it for decades.

And try to drive in Dutch cities with your car: you will face stupid cyclists blocking your lane because they are not using their own dedicated one!

I mean: in ancient times, sailors had to fear the Flying Dutchman; nowadays, drivers have to fear the <deleted> dutchmen!

But also Germans are stupid spurenstur, especially in the North!

And in the early 2000s, they were quite a number of accidents involving German coaches on French motorways.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steve187 said:

that's the purpose of insurance, 

why the bus company, was it to blame for the 'accident'

Because it was to blame, not every body traveling on a bus has insurance, and I don't see why I should pay hospital bills caused by Bad driving of a bus company employee.

A very close relative of mine got refused treatment for his bipolar  from a hospital in the UK,

so he sat down in the road outside in protest he got hit by a BUS that came around a corner, and it was proved the driver was speeding, he got awarded 250,000 pounds. He had to be airlifted to a better hospital. 

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Those big trucks are supposed to be in the left lane... I hope the driver is charged for his illegal actions causing bodily harm. Ohh wait, I forgot this is Thailand and being charged for driving  offences means paying off a bribe. 

It was only a 2 lane road, he may have been in the right lane for an upcoming right turn/Uturn

People not insured are screwed as I doubt if the bus company will deal with lawsuits               maybe in a year or 2 of legal wrangling  Must have been sent to a Gov't hospital as a private one would require payment up front

I take this service bus occasionally, at the moment there is a bus every 10 minutes in either direction. The last one I was on had seat belts, but mine did not work. Amazing no one was killed

33 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

And how does the accident rate in Thailand compare to your home country? Matter of fact, what ARE the statistics? Do you bother to check? These are news stories, just like they have all over the world. Accidents are a common topic. Accidents occur over the world, everywhere that there are vehicles and highly populated areas. But it's certainly not carnage here, and the overall risk to any one individual is statistically minimal. Based on my personal observations over many years here, including many bus trips to Pattaya, accidents are no more common than in the US where I'm from, and there is certainly less road rage, shootings, and roadside beatings. In 10 years of trips to Pattaya I have never in any way felt unsafe on a bus. Probably a good idea that you become desensitized, seems like you overreact and draw inaccurate conclusions as a result. 

Yes, overreaction to one bus crash, the first for this coach line at least since I've been here in 20 years... AND, some minor injuries and no fatalities... and the first on this route including all coach lines between Pattaya and Bangkok.

Every time someone dies or has a motorcycle crash, we get the same reaction from forum members, yet I've never seen any comparison of motorcycle accident statistics between Pattaya vs a city in a Western nation. It can't be done because there are no cities in any Western nation with even a fraction of the motorcycles in Pattaya.

he was driving in the second lane from left when the bus suddenly rammed into the rear at full force leading to him losing control and the big vehicle flipping over. 

If that's true than the bus driver must go to jail for being an idiot driver.

I you can't see a Semi truck driving  in front of you than you shouldn't be on the road and definitely not driving a bus with people.

• Haha 1