800k baht in bkk bank(for renewal): can leave in that bank if move to Pattaya?

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

Consider putting the 800k in a FCD account in Bkk where you can earn 5% p.a interest and pay 15% tax

and use it as proof for the 800k that the Immigration department accept now...

say what now???? 5% ??????

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Will be messy for first extension as you will need letters/statements from both banks. 

Unless @Happy happy is American, Australian or British, it might alternatively be possible for him to obtain an income confirmation statement from his home country embassy on a one-off basis for his next extension application.

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

Consider putting the 800k in a FCD account in Bkk where you can earn 5% p.a interest and pay 15% tax

and use it as proof for the 800k that the Immigration department accept now...

I have only seen 5% fixed deposits for 6 and 9 months at Krungsri Bank.

6 hours ago, Findthai said:

I have only seen 5% fixed deposits for 6 and 9 months at Krungsri Bank.

Yes, and after 6-9 months you'll have to extend the term for longer....

8 hours ago, john donson said:

say what now???? 5% ??????

YESSSS!!!! 5% now, (read the many posts about it) for 6-9 months terms which it will be extended to suit your needs...

Did 90 day report feb 5 - on time.     many years at PT,  never a payment due or paid on it.

however,  in 2022 left for 6 weeks,  and filed 90 days after return entry stamp.  was looked at ,but accepted.

I still had the old 90 day rcpt dated for for sept in my passport.

they scheduled the next 90 day from it, so when I came in at 180 days to do my next report, they fined me 2000 bt.

I argued and my wife for the new count date, but they said ok, pay 1000 bt and leave now.

my wife paid it as she is cowed easily by police people and arguements.

so, on returning from out of country, throw thee old rcpt away immediately.

You can open another Bangkok Bank account in another province and keep the old one, meaning you'll have two accounts, I did this myself last week.  The Bangkok Bank in Pattaya refused to do this saying that you can only have one account linked to one passport.  I then called them on 1333 and they said it could be done.  Went to another branch in the province of Chonburi well away from Pattaya and walked out within 20 minutes with a new passbook, both accounts linked together on the banking app and was offered but not forced to buy insurance.

Being retired means not working and free to move around wherever you want in Thailand. The visa extension can be renewed at any immigration office (at their own discretion). 

15 hours ago, Martin Brit said:

Here is what I have done. I don't know if it is the best way or not however:- I have left the 800k in a UK bank earning 5% interest. The interest it will earn for one year is more than enough to pay for a visa agent to do everything including open a bank account and multiple entry. 

A win win for everyone. You make money and agents are well paid.

• Love It 1

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

A win win for everyone. You make money and agents are well paid.

Correct, but If using a Pattaya agent, it's cheaper to have a local Chon Buri Bank account as for the agent to transfer 800K in and out to an account in another province and back into their accounts means hefty transfer fees.  Even with the hefty transfer fees, it's still cheaper to leave the 800K in the UK and use the interest to cover the agent fees.

Edited by Almudena

I opened a savings account in a Bangkok branch of BBL 15 years ago and have never moved it anywhere.  I have deposited 65K+ in that account monthly since the beginning.  I have lived in Khon Kaen for the past 12 years and I still can go to a branch in Khon Kaen to get the yearly statement for immigration.

When we need money from that account, I go online and transfer it to my wife's acount, which is a local branch, and withdraw what we need.