Biden's own DOJ says he is an 'elderly man with a poor memory': Classified document case

Social Media

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Even as a lifelong democrat I would admit that he's much too old for the office and he should have stepped aside to make room for someone younger and more vital. The secondary aspect of this is the liability of his vice presidential choice. Harris is horrific on so many levels, but that brings us to the topic of Trump. He is way too old, he's deranged, he's partly senile and he's definitely insane, so we have two very terrible choices. 

Three. RFKjr

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, thaicurious said:

Oh? Is he pathologically lying about names and faces and dates?

I've been pissing people off my whole life because I never remember their special dates. I do the same with names and faces. You are fooling yourself to take one particular aspect of a person and trying to apply that as a measure of that person. Perhaps you do the same in examining yourself. Give it a rest?

Who is taking stuttering as the only reason not to want Biden as POTUS? That hasn't even been a consideration to me.

2 hours ago, thaicurious said:

PS, on other poster's comment on Biden's speaking, try to keep in mind that Biden always always always struggles with his lifelong stutter. It's an amazing accomplishment to have gone from stutterer to president. Granted, not as remarkable as someone else being a pathological liar and becoming president but we'll take what we can get.

Stutters do not include total confusion, forgetfulness or coming out with blatant nonsense, repetition and getting names wrong and even the number of states in the Union. No way he will be running in Nov. He can't even remember what country he's in, just embarrassing and incompetent

Edited by proton
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

The other guy isn't the subject of the OP, stop deflecting

The implication is that Biden is an elderly person with a poor memory who is running for POTUS....no deflection at all to point out his opponent is also an elderly person with a poor memory who is running for POTUS.

• Like 2

Special counsel reports that Biden forgets when he was VP. Question: if true and there's no reson to beleive the SC is lying, then how can Biden remain in office?

Big troubles ahead for Biden, humiliation today...

Biden's sad and failed tenure may be winding up ....LOL.

BidenforgetsbeingVPp_208.thumb.jpg.78f77eb30627eb04a498863ef79485c5.jpg

see page 208 of the SC report

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/08/1229805332/special-counsel-report-biden-classified-documents

Edited by illisdean
cite to third party document source removed
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, pomchop said:

The implication is that Biden is an elderly person with a poor memory who is running for POTUS....no deflection at all to point out his opponent is also an elderly person with a poor memory who is running for POTUS.

Quite so.  In a population of over 334 million people, those two are the best that America and its broken political system can put up for President?  That is truly pathetic.  Leaders of the Free World, I think not. Hang your collective heads in shame Americans. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Taking that as given, then why don't the Democrats seal the victory by selecting a non elderly, non compromised person for their nominee?  

The only reason I can see is VP Harris. She would never voluntarily step aside for another candidate, and the party would be loathe to reject her based on her melanin and genitalia. Otherwise, another non-Biden candidate would have a very good chance of beating Trump handily.  But the Democrats are saddled to Biden and stuck for the moment. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mentally unfit?

The other day, my Thai wife of 10+ years needed my birth year to fill out a form for the Thai government, but she couldn't remember the right year.... just as she's always had trouble remembering that in our years together... even though I've probably told her dozens of times. So she proceeded to guess (wrongly) through a bunch of more than 10 different years before I finally stopped her.

Is my wife senile or mentally impaired? No, not in the least, and she holds down and does well at a senior, high-paying job. But some things, for whatever reason, she just doesn't remember well.... especially years... seemingly a bit like Biden.

I'm now in my early 60s... and during my work life, I probably held down more than a half dozen different professional jobs of varying durations in years, now going back 15+ years ago for the most recent one... If you asked me today to give you the starting and ending years of all those jobs, I probably could get a few year dates right, but others I couldn't be precise about now all these years later.

The point being, remembering or not remembering the years that something occurred, especially many years later, isn't a sign that someone is senile or mentally impaired. It certainly isn't in my wife's case or in mine. And it may well likewise also not be in the couple of Biden memory examples cited by the Special Counsel.

Memory (especially of distant details) is not synonymous with cognition or mental capacity.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, impulse said:

So basically, though he deliberately retained classified documents he wasn't allowed to have, they won't press charges.

But go ahead and vote for him.

I most certainly will .He's not a traitor or a seditionist and he didn't conceal the documents when asked to produce them. Wow he couldn't recall dates from years ago   he can recall 1/6/21   and so can I.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I most certainly will .He's not a traitor or a seditionist and he didn't conceal the documents when asked to produce them. Wow he couldn't recall dates from years ago   he can recall 1/6/21   and so can I.

Have at it.  We on the other side believe it's your right to vote for your choice of candidate regardless of how much we disagree with him.

Sadly, I suspect the Dem party Elite won't let you.  They'll probably be parachuting their preferred candidate in at the convention.

Edited by impulse

7 hours ago, impulse said:

So basically, though he deliberately retained classified documents he wasn't allowed to have, they won't press charges.

But go ahead and vote for him.

Absolutely not

Yes, it makes perfect sense to look to the DoJ for medical diagnoses.

No clue why the trumpers are getting worked up on this one. Must be some kind of derangement syndrome.

Trump will become president again, and then he can direct his Attorney General, Rudy Guiliani, to prosecute Biden for sloppy document handling.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, retarius said:

You raise a very important point here. Biden's refusal to step down and allow a fit candidate to replace him  is evidence of his inability to make competent decisions. 

Certainly the same could be said about Trump. Both of them getting out the way would be a great idea.

Ghostwriter deleted Biden recordings
The report also says that Mr Biden divulged classified material from his hand-written notebooks to the ghostwriter for his 2018 memoir Promise Me, Dad.

The ghostwriter, Mark Zwonitzer, deleted audio recordings of discussions with Mr Biden after learning of the special counsel's probe, the report says.

Prosecutors considered filing charges against the ghostwriter, but ultimately declined to do so after determining that his deleting of the tape was "his standard practice with his clients".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68245617

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ghostwriter deleted Biden recordings
The report also says that Mr Biden divulged classified material from his hand-written notebooks to the ghostwriter for his 2018 memoir Promise Me, Dad.

The ghostwriter, Mark Zwonitzer, deleted audio recordings of discussions with Mr Biden after learning of the special counsel's probe, the report says.

Prosecutors considered filing charges against the ghostwriter, but ultimately declined to do so after determining that his deleting of the tape was "his standard practice with his clients".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68245617

From the Special Counsel's report:

"After telling the Special Counsel's Office what he had done, the ghostwriter turned over his computer and external hard drive and consented to their search. Based on the FBI's analysis. it appears the FBI recovered all deleted audio files relating to the memoir, though portions of a few of the files appear to be missing, which is possible when forensic tools are used to recover deleted files. The ghostwriter kept, and did not delete or attempt to delete, his near-verbatim transcripts of the recordings and produced those transcripts to us, including for each of the incomplete recovered files.

We considered whether to charge the ghostwriter with obstruction of justice, but we believe the evidence would be insufficient to obtain a conviction and therefore declined to prosecute him."

Page 13

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From the Special Counsel's report:

"After telling the Special Counsel's Office what he had done, the ghostwriter turned over his computer and external hard drive and consented to their search. Based on the FBI's analysis. it appears the FBI recovered all deleted audio files relating to the memoir, though portions of a few of the files appear to be missing, which is possible when forensic tools are used to recover deleted files. The ghostwriter kept, and did not delete or attempt to delete, his near-verbatim transcripts of the recordings and produced those transcripts to us, including for each of the incomplete recovered files.

We considered whether to charge the ghostwriter with obstruction of justice, but we believe the evidence would be insufficient to obtain a conviction and therefore declined to prosecute him."

Page 13

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf

Well the point was that there is a reason information gets classified. Biden passing this info on to his ghost writer for a book was probably not the best idea. Not implying he did this knowingly. 

• Like 1

It's intriguing watching this all play out. You have Trump and all his multiple indictments and they have turned out to be politically advantageous for him (DeSantis was ahead in the polling before the indictments, I think). And now you have Biden getting "cleared" and as a result of his press conference it has turned into a political calamity. 

• Love It 1

Curious how the chosen headline for this particular thread -- Biden's own DOJ says he is an 'elderly man with a poor memory': Classified document case --  managed to miss and omit the pretty important "no prosecution" outcome cited in the main article news report headlines from many/most major news sources, such as:

Special counsel won't charge Biden in classified docs probe, despite evidence he 'willfully retained' materials

https://abcnews.go.com/US/white-house-finishes-review-special-counsels-report-biden/story?id=107047339

Special counsel will not charge Biden in classified documents case

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/02/08/biden-classified-documents-investigation-special-counsel/

Biden will not face charges over classified papers, says 'memory is fine'

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-congress-receives-report-bidens-handling-classified-documents-source-2024-02-08/

Special counsel finds Biden "willfully" disclosed classified documents, but no criminal charges warranted

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-special-counsel-report-handling-classified-documents/

Special counsel finds Biden ‘willfully’ retained classified documents, no charges filed

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4456524-special-counsel-biden-classified-documents-probe-no-charges/

Even Fox News of all sources:

No charges for Biden after Special Counsel probe into improper handling of classified documents

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/no-charges-biden-classified-records-special-counsel-robert-hur

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Curious how the chosen headline for this particular thread -- Biden's own DOJ says he is an 'elderly man with a poor memory': Classified document case --  managed to miss and omit the pretty important "no prosecution" outcome cited in the main article news report headlines from many/most major news sources, such as:

Special counsel won't charge Biden in classified docs probe, despite evidence he 'willfully retained' materials

https://abcnews.go.com/US/white-house-finishes-review-special-counsels-report-biden/story?id=107047339

Special counsel will not charge Biden in classified documents case

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/02/08/biden-classified-documents-investigation-special-counsel/

Biden will not face charges over classified papers, says 'memory is fine'

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-congress-receives-report-bidens-handling-classified-documents-source-2024-02-08/

Special counsel finds Biden "willfully" disclosed classified documents, but no criminal charges warranted

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-special-counsel-report-handling-classified-documents/

Special counsel finds Biden ‘willfully’ retained classified documents, no charges filed

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4456524-special-counsel-biden-classified-documents-probe-no-charges/

Even Fox News of all sources:

No charges for Biden after Special Counsel probe into improper handling of classified documents

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/no-charges-biden-classified-records-special-counsel-robert-hur

Probably better than the source headline.

Biden's own DOJ said he has 'diminished faculties and a faulty memory': Classified docs probe reveals he left Afghan files next to dog bed in garage, forgot when his son Beau died AND couldn't remember when he was vice president

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Probably better than the source headline.

Biden's own DOJ said he has 'diminished faculties and a faulty memory': Classified docs probe reveals he left Afghan files next to dog bed in garage, forgot when his son Beau died AND couldn't remember when he was vice president

Biden's performance at the press conference ended up being the news story. Not the special counsel's report.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, John Drake said:

It's intriguing watching this all play out. You have Trump and all his multiple indictments and they have turned out to be politically advantageous for him (DeSantis was ahead in the polling before the indictments, I think). And now you have Biden getting "cleared" and as a result of his press conference it has turned into a political calamity. 

It's gonna get worse.  Polls indicate that a redline for a lot of voters is whether Trump is actually convicted.  This case is going to remove that redline as voters see how Trump is being treated so differently.  Even a conviction in his classified document case won't cost him the votes it would have.  He'll be convicted, of course, because it's Trump.  But it won't cost him the votes, and the appeals will take it well beyond Election Day.

Add that to the characterization of Biden as an elderly man with a poor memory and this has been a bad day for Team Joe.

Edited by stats
unsourced claim removed
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1