Hamzah Sheeraz wants Chris Eubank Jr or Liam Smith if he beats Liam Williams on Saturday

CharlieH

image.png

Hamzah Sheeraz is targeting a fight with Chris Eubank Jr or Liam Smith if he can beat Liam Williams on Saturday.

The British middleweight faces the biggest test of his career at London's Copper Box Arena against the Welshman, who is a former world title challenger.

Williams, 31, took issue with Sheeraz looking ahead to potential fights, saying on Thursday: "What is he talking about?

"He hasn't beat me yet and he's not going to."

Sheeraz, 24, is undefeated in 18 pro fights and refused to be drawn into any sort of back-and-forth with Williams at the top table in their pre-fight news conference.

The Slough native said he was not looking past Williams but wanted to prove he was ready for the likes of Smith, Eubank Jr and reigning British champion Nathan Heaney by securing victory at the weekend.

Williams' four defeats have come against Eubank Jr, Smith (twice) and former WBO champion Demetrius Andrade.

He will be an underdog against Sheeraz, but said he had no intention of being an easy night's work.

"Personally I think it's a bad mistake, bringing me in to get beat by this guy," Williams said.

FULL STORY

sPORT-bbc.png