Israeli Soldier Videos from Gaza Raise International Law Concerns

Social Media

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

Israel's brutal bombing of Gaza and  indiscriminate killing of Gaza's civilians is ensuring a whole generation of Palestinians will grow up full of hate of Israel. 

Welcome to Hamas part two.

But they already hated Jewish folk, that's why they slaughtered the innocent in October.........:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Israel's brutal bombing of Gaza and  indiscriminate killing of Gaza's civilians is ensuring a whole generation of Palestinians will grow up full of hate of Israel. 

Welcome to Hamas part two.

The UNRWA was doing that all on its own but your point and mine are on different topics

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Previously posted in this thread, added the link in case you missed it, and it's from March 2023, many more added since I suspect.

https://www.btselem.org/administrative_detention/20230604_israel_breaks_20_year_record_holds_1002_palestinians_in_administrative_detention_in_march_2023

Yes dear - not what the topic is about, nor does it support the allegations raised regarding Israel taking 'hostages'.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

But they already hated Jewish folk, that's why they slaughtered the innocent in October.........:coffee1:

Not quite. They hate Israelis. I wonder why they hate their prison guards? I wonder why they hate the people who occupy their territory, snatch them out of their beds at night, detain them indefinitely, steal their land and force them from their homes... These are just from the last few years.

I'm sure you'd hate the people if they did that to you. They are perfectly entitled to hate their tormentors.

It is also true that Israelis hate Palestinians: https://www.timesofisrael.com/poll-shows-large-swaths-of-israeli-youth-hate-arabs-back-revoking-citizenship/

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

Not quite. They hate Israelis. I wonder why they hate their prison guards? I wonder why they hate the people who occupy their territory, snatch them out of their beds at night, detain them indefinitely, steal their land and force them from their homes... These are just from the last few years.

I'm sure you'd hate the people if they did that to you. They are perfectly entitled to hate their tormentors.

It is also true that Israelis hate Palestinians: https://www.timesofisrael.com/poll-shows-large-swaths-of-israeli-youth-hate-arabs-back-revoking-citizenship/

@Brickleberry

More off topic comments, more one-sided narrative.

Same old.

Can't discuss the topic, goes on about whatever - so long as it's Israel Bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Hamas ideology is to kill Jews.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

And the Zionist IDF kill 28,000 Palestinians and counting, and that's only from 7/10, such wonderful people the Israeli's.

You would not have needed to count prior to Oct 7th.

Don't knock over the stew and then try and blame the dog which is what you lot are trying to do! 

Watch my lips, the Palestinian terrorists started this melee, it's really not that difficult

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You would not have needed to count prior to Oct 7th.

Don't knock over the stew and then try and blame the dog which is what you lot are trying to do! 

Watch my lips, the Palestinian terrorists started this melee, it's really not that difficult

I haven't counted before the 7/10, but as you brought it up:

It was over fifty years ago that Israel occupied the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, part of which it annexed to Jerusalem. To this day, it continues to control these areas and the people living there. For over half a century, Israel has created a reality of dispossession, oppression and human rights abuses in Gaza and the West Bank.

https://conquer-and-divide.btselem.org/map-en.html

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Sure, only civilians are getting bombed.

And, of course, had Israel not been bombing them, they'd all grow up to be Zionists.

Notice you didn't mention anything about the effects the Hamas attack had on Israeli positions....

I've mentioned in many previous posts that Hamas are evil, but now so is Israel, killing thousands of civilians.

44 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

And the Zionist IDF kill 28,000 Palestinians and counting, and that's only from 7/10, such wonderful people the Israeli's.

Oh another one that fails to separate the Hamas terrorists killed in those figures and that's nothing to do with my post.

Hamas's Genocidal Intentions Were Never a Secret

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2023/10/hamas-covenant-israel-attack-war-genocide/675602/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

It was over fifty years ago that Israel occupied the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, part of which it annexed to Jerusalem. To this day, it continues to control these areas and the people living there. For over half a century, Israel has created a reality of dispossession, oppression and human rights abuses in Gaza and the West Bank.

More off topic comments when can't address points, or when having nothing to say on OP.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Stop trying to use history as an excuse to take the blame off the sick murderous Palestinian terrorists. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Social Media said:

Another video, posted by Letova, showed hundreds of Palestinian detainees gathered in a sports field, many of them stripped to their underwear and some blindfolded.

Central Plaza Chiang Mai forced me to wear a face mask when I went there and I was wearing shorts as well , I am also a victim of inhumane treatment 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Morch said:

Of course you have.

Yes I have, It's not my fault your memory is poor. 

Israel is behaving just like Hamas, wanton killing of innocent civilians.

Both sides are murderous butchers.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Social Media said:

Under international law, detainees must be treated with dignity and should not be subjected to unnecessary humiliation or public display. However, a recent investigation by BBC Verify revealed several videos shared by Israeli soldiers that appear to show the mistreatment of Palestinian detainees.

Those rules/laws were written back in a time when the state controlled the media and TV stations .

These days people have phone cameras and places to upload videos themselves with Government control, so the rules are outdated 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

Yes I have, It's not my fault your memory is poor. 

Israel is behaving just like Hamas, wanton killing of innocent civilians.

Both sides are murderous butchers.

If that was the case the ICJ would have ordered a ceasefire as asked by South Africa. It didn't.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1