‘We did not know’: Hamas data center directly under UNRWA Gaza City HQ

Social Media

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

A poster who cannot grasp the difference between kilometers and kilometers squared is not one to go on about 'moronic', unless referencing his own posts. All the more so when he speaks of himself as 'we'. Odd, that.

The Metro station was already in place. These were extension works. Value of properties dropped, rent rates as well.

On one of the previous topics dealing with them tunnels there was a picture of an excavator vehicle, which indeed raised question as to how it got into the Gaza Strip.

You want to believe no one knew anything, that's up to you.

I do understand the difference, which is why I posted those figures. If you don't understand them, I suggest you use google. Absolutely moronic to suggest what you said. Seriously. Moronic.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, rabas said:

So what's the difference between kilometers squared and square kilometers? 

Hint: At 365 kilometers squared, you've ranked Gaza as the 95th largest country ahead of Greece, Nicaragua, and North Korea. [ref] [ref

As for electric/data cables connecting to UNWRA headquarters. It is not possible to make such connections without the complete involvement of UNRWA facilitates engineers. You cannot connect wires if you don't know what they connect to and specs like voltage, phase, amperage, and data format. You will blow everything up.  Such work also requires sign off from higher ups as it impacts operations.

Of course they knew, and everyone knows they knew. 

The moronic post I was responding to conveniently left out my post. It is very clear what I was referring to, as the poster knows: Total land area 365 KM2 (kilometers squared / square kilometers)

Your last point is very valid. I would say it is impossible for it to be true based on what you have posted. Furthermore, the IDF has been in this place for over two weeks, and couldn't show any proof at all that the cables in the tunnel were connected to UNRWA - just more unproven bile coming from Israel. 

Screenshot (78).png

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

I do understand the difference, which is why I posted those figures. If you don't understand them, I suggest you use google. Absolutely moronic to suggest what you said. Seriously. Moronic.

@Brickleberry

I suggest that you read your post again.

Topic Updates: Inside UNRWA's Struggle with Alleged Hamas Infiltration: A Delicate Balancing Act in Gaza

image.png

In the complex landscape of Gaza, where political tensions run high and conflicts are woven into the fabric of daily life, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) faces a unique challenge: infiltration by Hamas, the governing authority since 2007. These allegations have cast a shadow over UNRWA's operations, raising questions about its neutrality and effectiveness in delivering aid to the population of Gaza.

UNRWA has been operating in Gaza for decades, providing essential services to Palestinian refugees. However, accusations of Hamas infiltration have plagued the agency, with Israel leading the charge, claiming that UNRWA has been compromised and unable to protect itself against Hamas influence.

image.png

The accusations gained momentum last month when Israel accused 12 UNRWA staff members of participating in a Hamas-led raid on Israel at the beginning of the war on October 7. Israel also asserted that one in ten UNRWA employees in Gaza are Hamas members. These claims, although not publicly substantiated, prompted 19 foreign funders to suspend donations to UNRWA, jeopardizing the agency's ability to provide vital assistance to Gazans.

image.png

UNRWA officials have vehemently denied the allegations, asserting that they take accusations of Hamas infiltration seriously and have taken action against individuals with proven links to the group. Over the years, several employees with suspected Hamas ties have been fired or left the agency following investigations. Philippe Lazzarini, UNRWA's commissioner general, emphasized the agency's commitment to maintaining neutrality among its staff, acknowledging the challenges of operating in a politically charged environment like Gaza.

image.png

However, critics argue that UNRWA should have been more proactive in safeguarding its neutrality and preventing Hamas from exploiting its facilities for military purposes. Israel, in particular, has accused UNRWA of turning a blind eye to Hamas activities, citing instances where Hamas built military infrastructure near UNRWA facilities or used them to store munitions.

To bolster its claims, the Israeli military recently led a group of international journalists to a tunnel dug by Hamas underneath Gaza, which passed beneath an UNRWA-run school and led to a subterranean communications hub beneath UNRWA's headquarters. The Israeli military contended that UNRWA personnel must have been aware of the tunnel's construction, pointing to electrical wires connecting the Hamas data centre directly above to the UNRWA HQ compound.

Despite the challenges, former UNRWA officials describe efforts to maintain a pragmatic working relationship with Hamas while upholding the agency's principles. Matthias Schmale, who directed UNRWA's operations in Gaza, recounted instances where he successfully negotiated with Hamas officials to address security concerns, such as blocking off a tunnel discovered near a school.

However, navigating this delicate balance has its risks. Schmale himself faced backlash from both Hamas and UNRWA staff after comments perceived to be favorable to Israel's military strikes. His experience underscores the complexities of operating in Gaza, where political allegiances and tensions run deep.

As UNRWA grapples with accusations of Hamas infiltration, the agency remains committed to its mission of providing assistance to Palestinian refugees in Gaza. However, the challenges posed by political tensions and security threats underscore the need for continued vigilance and diplomacy in navigating the complex dynamics of the region.

Source

• Like 1

The below is a graphic example of how Hamas carried on its infiltration through fear.

When the United Nations launched an investigation a decade ago into whether a handful of its employees in Gaza were members of Hamas, it was not long before a senior U.N. legal officer in the territory started receiving death threats.
First there were emails, sent from anonymous accounts, according to three senior U.N. officials based in Gaza at that time.
Then came a funeral bouquet, delivered to the main U.N. compound, labeled with the legal officer’s name.
Finally there was a live grenade, sent to the compound with its pin still inside, according to two of the officials.
The U.N. evacuated the legal officer, a British lawyer and former military officer, hurrying him to Jerusalem, the three people said.
Previously unreported episodes like this one, from October 2014, form part of the back story to the current crisis embroiling UNRWA, the U.N. relief group in Gaza now sheltering more than half of the enclave’s population.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/10/world/middleeast/unrwa-hamas-gaza.html

https://archive.ph/hYxRA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1