Cabinet Approves Extra Holiday for Songkran Festival

snoop1130

1707811566_165129-tnamcot.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 13 (TNA) – The Cabinet has passed a resolution approving Friday, April 12, 2024, as an additional public holiday, creating a continuous holiday period of five days for Songkran Festival.

This decision comes in light of the upcoming Songkran Festival, during which a significant number of people will be traveling back to their hometowns and visiting various provinces, leading to increased traffic congestion and potential gridlocks.

Therefore, in order to facilitate smoother travel and to stimulate tourism, service sectors, and the overall economy, it was deemed necessary to designate an additional public holiday on April 12.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2024-02-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Cabinet has passed a resolution approving Friday, April 12, 2024, as an additional public holiday, creating a continuous holiday period of five days for Songkran Festival.

5 day long weekend makes sense, but three weeks of celebrations as touted by TAT is ludicrous

12 hours ago, keith101 said:

Money money money 

Thailand is desperate... 

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

For public sector only.

Most private businesses, including the one I work for will ignore this. 

I guess it will get all the busloads of grumpy middle aged women in beige uniforms off the roads and away from the gas station food courts before I head to the farm.