Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Retirement visa and new passport

13 hours ago, OJAS said:

No such stamp is affixed to cancelled British passports. Instead cancellation is merely denoted by the top and bottom corners of the front cover being snipped off with a pair of scissors. Essential for @twozeds to ensure that this is done to his existing passport after renewal in the UK but before presentation with his new passport to IMM at BKK Arrivals upon his return.

NOR USD ones, just 2 holes punched thru the page with ur photo on it> ( cancelled in oct 2023) 
just checked old ones and only the one issued in 86 and the one issued in 90 were stamped cancelled, holes punched and the edges of the page were cut as above

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I am referring to a new passport obtained within the country - which with the requirement to have transfer made prior to any new immigration stamps was my concern with a passport obtained outside Thailand - you advised no issue using re-entry so that eased concern (that he might return and not be allowed entry on extension of stay) - but expect a notation of original visa entry information and last extension information will be required at some point, just as it is for replacement passports issued in Thailand.

" you advised no issue using re-entry so that eased concern (that he might return and not be allowed entry on extension of stay)".

It is against the rules to misquote, I made no such comment.

20 minutes ago, sandyf said:

" you advised no issue using re-entry so that eased concern (that he might return and not be allowed entry on extension of stay)".

It is against the rules to misquote, I made no such comment.

Sorry - indeed it was Liquorice post - and then you came back saying you had returned on new passport using a visa.

5 hours ago, BenStark said:

Original visa is the one on which the first extension is based

That is an incorrect response to what was asked. If you get a new passport in country the passport will be blank and you would need to get an entry stamp before applying for a first extension.

In 2014 I got a new passport via VFS which was blank and immigration put a stamp in my passport that indicated previous passport number, along with how and when I entered the country. They indicated I had entered by air and put a Savarnabhumi entry stamp alongside the large stamp, although I had entered by train via Padang Besar. That was then followed by the new extension stamp, there was no transfer of stamps per se, not even the under consideration stamp that applied to the new extension.

Recently I entered on new passport from UK and having an entry stamp marked Non O in the passport there was no need for immigration to say how and when I had entered. I only have an entry stamp, under consideration stamp and extension stamp, nothing else.

The OP was asking about coming back from the UK and I can only relate my experience, I wouldn't be aware of what some other offices may choose to do.

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Sorry - indeed it was Liquorice post - and then you came back saying you had returned on new passport using a visa.

Apology acknowledged.

I responded to the OP who was aking about entering on a new passport. I have renewed my passport both ways and there is a significant difference between holding a blank passport and one with an entry stamp.