Is Thailand’s love-hate relationship with legal cannabis coming to an end?

webfact

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Who told you that drugs are wrong but alcohol is fine ?  and why did you believe them?

You honestly think that drug users are not frowned upon in society ? you think it's fine to use drugs ?     I just can't believe that thought ... 

In my home town when I was around 10 yrs old,  nobody was a drug user and if you were then you were an outcast.

Same in many country towns ....     people do go and socialize at the pub over a beer which is normal in country towns,  but taking drugs and addicts is not considered normal and is not liked at all. 

anyway,   I've gotta run so let's enjoy the day and don't think too mut ..

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Davedub said:

If the complaints from the public are regarding the smell from use in public, surely banning its use in public would be a better response than banning it outright and depriving millions of adults their personal choice to use?

I understand people complaining about the smell and second hand smoke, this is totally fair comment - I'm not a fan of sitting in clouds of other people's exhaled smoke either! But to wreck 1000s of small businesses because of the smoking in public issue? This makes no sense.

Not to mention blighting their lives with a drugs conviction

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

There's no lack of regulations, only lack of enforcement.

The regulations say who can\can't smoke (under 20 years old, pregnant and nursing women) and that smoking in public places is not allowed. So if people smoke in public places they should be stopped. Simple enough.

Exactly just like it would be with cigarettes. alcohol etc in a public place if we had a police force.  Dont just change the laws so you can give the cops more time off, get them to do their jobs.

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh I'm sorry ThaiFelix, so smoking their cannabis all day is fine. no problem. 

Youre making up more stuff?  Show me where I said smoking cannabis all day is fine?  GO ON show me?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, candide said:

Weed is legal in NL, Spain and also in some U.S. states. No acute negative consequences have been observed there.

So the NL. Spain, Portugal and all those US states where weed is legal have been lying through there teeth all this time?  Who would believe it? Loll  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stoner said:

don't forget how often he reminds us of how drunk he is by mid afternoon. 

the ignorance is astounding to me. but expected.

ignorance is that you bunch think it's fine to be a drug user, seller, whatever ....  DRUGS ARE considered a no go in any society in case you need reminding ....   beer is not.   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Is Thailand’s love-hate relationship with legal cannabis coming to an end?

Of course not. 

if both love and hate come to an end , what's left ambivalence ? :tongue:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

But they didnt tell you, nor do you still not realise, that alcohol is a drug?  Drugs are wrong but alcohol is somehow ok?  Some logic you have there mate lol!

DRUGS are wrong ....   I don't care what you try to preach.

Having a beer at the pub or home is not wrong.  If you use drugs or sell or push drugs then you are an outcast in society.

DON'T EVEN TRY to change that attitude ....  it's ingrained and rightfully so.

are you seriously trying to tell me it's ok to be a drug user   ????????????????    

UNBELIEVABLE ....   !!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

No. You see Steven where I come from cannabis is fully legal nation wide. Society has not fallen apart and cannabis is now considered.no more different than that drink you are slurping down just now.

well,   maybe in the US or somewhere but not in Australia ....  and certainly not at my hometown.  Drugs users were and still are considered undesirables and outcasts ...  hence not a drug problem at my hometown ....  good farmers and city folk know that drug takers are not welcome and need policing.

good community town imo.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2