Another Bank Employee Arrested for Selling Customer Data

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, Feb 16 (TNA) – Cyber police have apprehended another bank employee involved in the illicit sale of customer data.

The suspect, identified as Mr. Suwan, a 42-year-old employee of a private financial institution, was found to be secretly selling customer information from his own institution to interested parties, including credit agents, insurance agents, and members of call center gangs at incredibly low prices, as low as one baht per name.

Based on gathered evidence, a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of “obtaining personal data of others and disclosing it to others, causing damage.

A search of his home in Nonthaburi uncovered electronic devices, portable computers, and mobile phones containing customer data files.

Full story: TNA-MCOT 2024-02-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 5

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Based on gathered evidence, a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of “obtaining personal data of others and disclosing it to others, causing damage.

I wonder how much time he will do, probably none, which will send a clear message to others to continue to give out our personal information.

When my wife is on the phone and says Tiruk, how much do we pay for our car insurance, I say hang up, and then when she says but I have an insurance company on the phone who says they can do us a better deal, oh, really, ask them where they got your number from and then we can start to talk, they then hang up when my wife says, my husband is a farang and wants to know where you got my number from....LoL

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:
On 2/16/2024 at 11:56 AM, webfact said:

I wonder how much time he will do, probably none

Is that based on anything rational or empirical?

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, jippytum said:

Security data fraud is a big problem in the fight against fraud. Thailand is so corrupt it's a worry giving out so many signed passport copies for dozens of transactions every year.. 

Spot on

Immigration info on the Thai cloud.

Bank Infoe on the Thai cloud

and now a  possible chance of more 

Identity infoe with the  Tax authorities.

I had someone use my identity fraudulently 4 years ago in the States, the more access these institutions have of us ,the easier it makes for 

fraud to happen.

imop

• Like 1