Jailed Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny dead, prison service says

Social Media

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) wants to designate Russia a state sponsor of terrorism after the death of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/18/lindsey-graham-navalny-russia-putin-00142068

If Putin is a sponsor of terrorism after the death of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny what does that make Trump?

Just now, LosLobo said:

If Putin is a sponsor of terrorism after the death of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny what does that make Trump?

He hasn't yet killed anyone. Stealing babies from their parents and taking steps to ensure they could never be reunited does come close to that definition as it was violence intended to bring about a political outcome.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Personally I never had much time for Navalny. Started out life as a fascist and then changed mid-way through as he was having no success. I think his approval in Russia was about 2%, about the same as for Pussy Riot. The question I would like to ask all the Putin haters, is why would Putin risk his presidency (the elections as next month) if Navalny was some kind of extremely popular Russian icon. Perhaps he was a total nobody and so having him killed would make no difference. If he was extremely popular as he is with the Kool Aid drinkers subject to non-stop western propaganda, no way would Putin have had him killed. It would have been too risky, as Navalny was locked up and he was no danger to Putin. 

Put simply, Navalny was a total loser, and you are wasting your silly tears eulogising him.

He was either killed by Putin at this time because he was absolutely irrelevant, or he died of natural causes in bad conditions in a brutally hard penal colony. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He hasn't yet killed anyone. Stealing babies from their parents and taking steps to ensure they could never be reunited does come close to that definition as it was violence intended to bring about a political outcome.

I was suggesting that Trump may be a tacit 'sponsor of a sponsor' by failing to condemn Putin in his latest rant.

'But Trump made no mention of Putin or Navalny’s family in the post Monday morning that instead cast himself as a victim and continued to paint the U.S. as a nation in decline'.

'Trump has been criticized for nearly a decade now for his refusal to denounce the Russian leader and his frequent complimentary statements'.

Though, as white supremacist terrorism is currently the biggest terrorism threat in US.

'Proud boys stand back and stand by' does come to mind

Trump talks of his own legal problems when speaking about the death of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny | PBS NewsHour

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, quake said:

Yes, He needs to be let free.

and back home to Oz. :jap:

I think there's a likelihood that Assange received payment in connection for his cooperation with Manafort, Stone and the Russians and I want to see the truth come out. At that point he lost his whistleblower protection as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I think there's a likelihood that Assange received payment in connection for his cooperation with Manafort, Stone and the Russians and I want to see the truth come out. At that point he lost his whistleblower protection as far as I'm concerned.

Somewhat off-topic, but it's interesting that I know of no self-proclaimed whistleblowers who are imprisoned in Russia.  Granted quite a few fall out of windows, down elevator shafts, are gunned down in the streets, are poisoned....

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

What evidence do you have that defense contractors are encouraging military interventions?

I know the "military-industrial complex" makes a great boogeyman for conspiracy theorists and anti-US propaganda, but seriously, what evidence do you have?

If you are serious in your endeavour to understand the inner workings of deep world politics, then you probably know how important it is to read books on the matter. There are dozens one could list, but regarding this particular topic, in addition to the two I mentioned earlier in this thread, I strongly recommend reading:

- Anthony Sutton: Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler

- John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt: The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

interesting how the 2 are viewed, and no mention of Gonzalo lira either who died in Ukranian prison

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 01.23.44.png

It depends on whether or not you serve the interests of the Global Regime.

My deep respects to Gonzalo Lira and Julian Assange.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Correct, they are necessary service providers and not manufacturers, but your point is not clear.

Is your point that they are overpriced?

This is worthy of a discussion of it's own, but this is not the place for it.

My point was that so much of the economy has to do with money generating more money as opposed to generating money by actually producing goods and usable services. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, bendejo said:

This is worthy of a discussion of it's own, but this is not the place for it.

My point was that so much of the economy has to do with money generating more money as opposed to generating money by actually producing goods and usable services. 

Production-based capitalism vs. speculation-based capitalism. The latter is at the heart of all the world's woes.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Little vladdy is now going after Navalny's brother, who is in exile.

In exile is hardly a safe place. The Russian helicopter pilot who defected to Ukraine was found dead and riddled with bullets in southern Spain. It would seem a Spanish intel guy accepted a gratuity to reveal the new name and location.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I'm guessing you never met a conspiracy you didn't just love.

LOL, a pan-African currency that all the corrupt leaders of Africa, of which sadly there are many, would favor over the USD. Yea, I'm sure that had legs.

Are you also a believer in chemtrails, QAnon, Pizzagate, FEMA Camps and Black Helicopters?

Knock yourself silly.

Libya was destabilised by the US military-industrial complex, for the same reasons it has occupied and destabilised a multitude of countries and regions for decades.

This article sums it up nicely.

Libya: another neocon war
Liberal supporters of this 'humanitarian intervention' have merely become useful idiots of the same old nefarious purposes

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/apr/21/libya-muammar-gaddafi

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

If you are serious in your endeavour to understand the inner workings of deep world politics, then you probably know how important it is to read books on the matter. There are dozens one could list, but regarding this particular topic, in addition to the two I mentioned earlier in this thread, I strongly recommend reading:

- Anthony Sutton: Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler

- John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt: The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy

The old "I'm not going to provide sources for my claims, I'm going to tell you to do the research yourself" dodge.

Why don't you provide a couple of pertinent quotes from your recommended sources showing "defense contractors are encouraging military interventions"?  Something from this century, or perhaps the late 20th century, would be more pertinent to current circumstances.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

some classic headlines...... shame not so much interest at who killed Jeffery Epstein 

Alexei Navalny 'killed with KGB punch to the heart' after being forced to spend hours outside in freezing temperatures

haha

Edited by frank83628
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

some classic headlines...... shame not so much interest at who killed Jeffery Epstein 

Alexei Navalny 'killed with KGB punch to the heart' after being forced to spend hours outside in freezing temperatures

haha

That some people feel a duty to write a barrage of deflections, in order to indirectly support Putin, is quite interesting.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

haha

Why the laugh..........?  🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, candide said:

That some people feel a duty to write a barrage of deflections, in order to indirectly support Putin, is quite interesting.....

he says while simultaneously deflecting form who killed Epstein and covering for the elites....and for the record...nothing 'indirectly ' about it, i support Putin 100%, he is a far greater leader than any of the current western ones. 

Edited by frank83628
candide is an elite shill
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

he says while simultaneously deflecting form who killed Epstein and covering for the elites....and for the record...nothing 'indirectly ' about it, i support Putin 100%, he is a far greater leader than any of the current western ones. 

Epstein's death is certainly unusual and some circumstances could be considered as quite suspect.

However  it has nothing to do with Navalny's death, so it is what it is, a deflection.

(There has been a thread about Epstein's death, feel free to revive it.)

• Agree 1

On 2/19/2024 at 11:35 PM, retarius said:

And after he said he would introduce a gold backed {Pan-African currency that could replace the dollars for trade in Africa...

:cheesy:

Yeah, South America had this same idea for their continent, Hugo Chavez was a big proponent.  A person needn't be an economist or political wonk to immediately see it's going to be a bunch of kleptocrats picking each other's pockets.  There is also a certain amount of animosity between the countries of Latin America that you will rarely see expressed in any sort of media, save for futbal matches.  Chavez bought out Argentina's debt in the '00s and he became a hero in that country.  A few years later Chavez died and Arg. piled up yet another Everest of debt. 

Talk is back again for Arg. and Brazil to have a common currency.  Governments and political situations aside, there is no love lost between the people of both countries.  I've spent enough time in either country to have heard the denouncements on either side. 

With the fall of the US being seen as a real possibility I would think any of these ideas would be re-assessed in light of who would be the next economic world power.

• Thumbs Up 1