Jailed Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny dead, prison service says

Social Media

3 hours ago, thaicurious said:

Same here. It is a sacrifice that speaks to honor. Though I was only a little kid at the time so I don't know if I knew it then but seems it was always in my memory possibly by the so-called 6 degrees of separation as I'm only three away being that my favorite cousin was long time colleague of a well-known monk who was colleague of Thích Quảng Đức's. So I'd imagine the event of his death a conversation among the adults in my home.

Today I find it disgusting that anyone would dishonor Navalny's death, be that a poster or an xpotus.

wow

8 hours ago, rabas said:

Why isn't it?  Because Putin...

Putin took a perfectly failed state, the USSR, and ruined it. They can't even win a war because of so much corruption. Putin's unstoppable missiles keep getting shot down, his impenetrable air defense systems keep getting penetrated. [watch Putin]. 

As for your Ponsi scheme sound byte, the US far exceeds Russia in oil production, now 13M to 9.5M bbl/day. Natural gas by even more. I already mentioned the golden economic goose, R&D, where no.1 US far exceeds Russia by a whopping 20 times. Why? Putin. He locks up scientists because he doesn't trust them.

Russia's hallowed space program? Far behind and falling. Why? You got it, Putin. Corruption. In 2023  Russia is now 5th worldwide in launched objects, 30 times behind the US. [ref] Your ponzi scheme US launched 81% of all the world's satellites. 

I too would love to see a strong, free Russia. Best thing for the world. Would you join me in calling for a Putin free Russia so that it can happen?  

"I too would love to see a strong, free Russia. Best thing for the world. Would you join me in calling for a Putin free Russia so that it can happen?"

How about minding your own business and leaving Russia to the Russians, the vast majority of which (over 80%) support their president?

Vladimir Putin’s Approval Rating Remains Sky High. Here’s Why.
https://globelynews.com/russia/putin-approval-rating/

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

In other words, you can provide no examples of "defense contractors are encouraging military interventions" as you claimed in your earlier post.  Got it.

You clearly don't get anything and are content to remain that way.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, candide said:

You are assuming that Putin always reacts rationally.

We might not like Putin's reactions and actions, but as far as I know, I have no indication of irrational behaviour.  

And  please don't say . as I am sure someone will. He invaded Ukraine .  It might have been evil, it might have been a mistake, But rational thinking can produce any, or both of these results. 

14 hours ago, candide said:

"Illegal sanctions"? What about the illegal war started by Putin?

'military operations' on his border, brought on through nato expansion (that could have ended in April 22 if the UK didn't stop the peace agreement).....unlike natos illegal destruction of Libya, led by the US, oh and how about the illegal was in Iraq....quite hypocritical to say it about Putin when US has bombed so many countries illegally, but nothing is said

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am no fan of Putin, no one gets' to this level of play in Russian  politics , and stay there without carrying some sharp knives, 

I don't doubt that someone killed Navalny but I don't think Putin was directly involved. 

I say directly because He did put him there and as such , among other things put him in in an vulnerable

position. 

The reason why I don't think Putin was directly involved is, why would he do this at this time? 

Navalny was effectively naturalized,  and as far as know presented no significant danger to Putin. 

On the other hand he must have known that the mysterious death of his political opponent while in jail  as a political prisoner would have negative consequences for him. 

So why have him killed now? What would he have to gain? and what would he have to lose?  

the same could be said about the skripal in the UK, 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, rabas said:

Why isn't it?  Because Putin...

Putin took a perfectly failed state, the USSR, and ruined it. They can't even win a war because of so much corruption. Putin's unstoppable missiles keep getting shot down, his impenetrable air defense systems keep getting penetrated. [watch Putin]. 

As for your Ponsi scheme sound byte, the US far exceeds Russia in oil production, now 13M to 9.5M bbl/day. Natural gas by even more. I already mentioned the golden economic goose, R&D, where no.1 US far exceeds Russia by a whopping 20 times. Why? Putin. He locks up scientists because he doesn't trust them.

Russia's hallowed space program? Far behind and falling. Why? You got it, Putin. Corruption. In 2023  Russia is now 5th worldwide in launched objects, 30 times behind the US. [ref] Your ponzi scheme US launched 81% of all the world's satellites. 

I too would love to see a strong, free Russia. Best thing for the world. Would you join me in calling for a Putin free Russia so that it can happen?  

you mean a Russia that is in the US pocket and a leader that jumps to their demands like all the rest. Thats what Putin is not allowing.. GO PUTIN!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

you mean a Russia that is in the US pocket and a leader that jumps to their demands like all the rest. Thats what Putin is not allowing.. GO PUTIN!!

Your sense of moral judgement has vacated your better self because of blind loyalty to Trump who admire Putin. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Your sense of moral judgement has vacated your better self because of blind loyalty to Trump who admire Putin. 

I supported Putin long before Trump. i've been anti US bullying and wars for oil my adult life. I used to watch the bbc & some msm news channels until moving to Thailand and having access to  RT, Aljazera and various 'non western outlets', certainly showed things in an entirely different light. (imagine the outcry about 'press freedoms/journalism' had Putin banned bbc etc etc from the airwaves like US,UK, France did to RT)
Also my moral judgement is perfectly fine, it's just not the same as yours. what people like you do is try to label everyone as  rightwing MAGA because their views are different, i like Trump for various reasons, A, the fact he beat that lying ol bag Clinton, even after she cheated Bernie out. B, how he gets under the skin of people like yourself who generally seem to froth at the mouth at the mere mention of his name. 
i know full well if it were Trumps political opponent getting attacked from every angle like he is you'd be in floods of liberal tears and i expect there would be riots in the streets by your BLM an Antifa cronies.... they probably would have ACTUALLY stormed the capital.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Do you live vicariously through putin's targeted bombing of schools, hospitals and shelters? Blown up babies give you a woody?

Says lots about your lack of morality.

you've heard of manufactured consent right?

you swallow up that propaganda...i expect you believed the babies in incubators and wmd's, how about thew 40 beheaded babies just the other month or so?

he you ever stopped to consider why all these so called evil dictaors over the years always targeting schools, children & babies.... derp derp!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

I supported Putin long before Trump. i've been anti US bullying and wars for oil my adult life. I used to watch the bbc & some msm news channels until moving to Thailand and having access to  RT, Aljazera and various 'non western outlets', certainly showed things in an entirely different light. (imagine the outcry about 'press freedoms/journalism' had Putin banned bbc etc etc from the airwaves like US,UK, France did to RT)
Also my moral judgement is perfectly fine, it's just not the same as yours. what people like you do is try to label everyone as  rightwing MAGA because their views are different, i like Trump for various reasons, A, the fact he beat that lying ol bag Clinton, even after she cheated Bernie out. B, how he gets under the skin of people like yourself who generally seem to froth at the mouth at the mere mention of his name. 
i know full well if it were Trumps political opponent getting attacked from every angle like he is you'd be in floods of liberal tears and i expect there would be riots in the streets by your BLM an Antifa cronies.... they probably would have ACTUALLY stormed the capital.

I am refering to moral judgement of Putin's egregious and abhorent human characteristics. You went off tangent. Surely you can't support his atrocities that he discriminately and disproportionately bombed and shelled civilians and ignored the Geneva convention obligations to only focus on combatants. His involvement in widespread and systematic international crimes and accusations that he ordered the poisoning of Russian dissidents and now the mysterious death of Alex Navalny in his custody. What is your moral standing on this. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong words
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am refering to moral judgement of Putin's egregious and abhorent human characteristics. You went off tangent. Surely you can't support his atrocities that he discriminately and disproportionately bombed and shelled civilians and ignored the Geneva convention obligations to only focus on combatants. His involvement in widespread and systematic international crimes and accusations that he ordered the poisoning of Russian dissidents and now the mysterious death of Alex Navalny in his custody. What is your moral standing on this. 

i don't follow western hypocritical propaganda like you do. 
there is no evidence to prove what you claim, they are, as you say 'accusations'. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

"I too would love to see a strong, free Russia. Best thing for the world. Would you join me in calling for a Putin free Russia so that it can happen?"

How about minding your own business and leaving Russia to the Russians, the vast majority of which (over 80%) support their president?

I only reflect on the hopes and fears of lifelong Russian friends, not mine, not bias selected media.

You might look at your own motives. A few posters simply run on high octane anti Western fuel, and even Russian propaganda.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, frank83628 said:

'military operations' on his border, brought on through nato expansion (that could have ended in April 22 if the UK didn't stop the peace agreement).....unlike natos illegal destruction of Libya, led by the US, oh and how about the illegal was in Iraq....quite hypocritical to say it about Putin when US has bombed so many countries illegally, but nothing is said

Directly fed from the Russian propaganda....

You forgot to mention the Nazi Ukrainians! 😄

Edited by candide
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, frank83628 said:

thats why more countries are signing up to BRICS, they see how untrustworthy the US is when it dishes out sanctions whenever they feel like it. countries can see the bullying tactics for what they are..... bye bye US. look forward to it 

It's funny how some posters are trying to hide the economic failure of Putin's Russia behind the success of other BRICS countries, in particular China.

Russia’s Negligible GDP Growth Contrasts Sharply with China’s Massive Advance

China’s GDP has risen by over 624% in the last 25 years, compared with an increase of 127% in Russia.

https://www.worldeconomics.com/Thoughts/Chinas-GDP-Growth-Leaves-Other-BRICs-Member-Russia-Standing.aspx

Edited by candide
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

It's pale compared to his pal Kim who has a 100% approval rate! 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, johng said:

When are they going to let Ukraine join NATO  I wonder.

Not much mention of them since the Canadian parliament debacle :cheesy:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66943005

Was this person, whose pedigree was not known at this occasion, a member of the Ukrainian government? Who are the Nazis allegedly governing Ukraine? Zelinski?

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, johng said:

When are they going to let Ukraine join NATO  I wonder.

Not much mention of them since the Canadian parliament debacle :cheesy:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66943005

Ukraine will be admitted when all other NATO countries agree that it has met the required conditions. 

What does that have to do with Ukraine and other countries being threatened or actively invaded by Russia wanting to join NATO?

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, candide said:

Was this person, whose pedigree was not known at this occasion, a member of the Ukrainian government? Who are the Nazis allegedly governing Ukraine? Zelinski?

They introduced him as heroically fighting against Russia in WWII

I don't believe he is in the Ukrainian government at the time of ovations.

Zelensky was in the parliament to witness it  if I remember correctly he clapped too !

Trudeau had apparently met him beforehand and invited him to the after parliament dinner.

After the debacle Trudeau's party sought to have the whole incident stricken from the parliamentary record  but it was rejected by the opposition parties who  wisely stated that it should serve as a reminder to never forget the past less we repeat the same mistakes.

When do you think Ukraine will join NATO ?

Edited by johng
sprelling

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Ukraine will be admitted when all other NATO countries agree that it has met the required conditions. 

One of the conditions being that they are not actively at war ?

31 minutes ago, johng said:

They introduced him as heroically fighting against Russia in WWII

I don't believe he is in the Ukrainian government at the time of ovations.

Zelensky was in the parliament to witness it  if I remember correctly he clapped too !

Trudeau had apparently met him beforehand and invited him to the after parliament dinner.

After the debacle Trudeau's party sought to have the whole incident stricken from the parliamentary record  but it was rejected by the opposition parties who  wisely stated that it should serve as a reminder to never forget the past less we repeat the same mistakes.

When do you think Ukraine will join NATO ?

They were  not aware of his pedigree at that time.

Anyway, Putin is claiming that Ukraine is governed by Nazis. True or not?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, johng said:

One of the conditions being that they are not actively at war ?

Not an official condition, but some members think that way.  Of course requiring these countries to be stable and at peace gives Putin a huge incentive to destabilize and invade them, which he does.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, candide said:

They were  not aware of his pedigree at that time.

Anyway, Putin is claiming that Ukraine is governed by Nazis. True or not?

Who fought against Russia in WWII ?

I think Ukraine is governed by USA/NATO  seeing as they are paying for everything.

Why does the Azov battalion still exists ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1