Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I guess that’s you guys running out of on topic arguments.

Calm down, it’s only the courts ordering Trump to disgorge money he doesn’t have. 

Just a reply to one of your mates.  Best to have a chat with him regarding topics.

• Confused 3

31 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Along with the sneakers, 'Trump fragrances are also being sold by the company, including “Victory47 Cologne” with a bottle capped with a gold version of Trump’s own head'.

I wonder if Trump has tested the sneakers and cologne with his problematic bone-spurs and body odour yet?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-booed-drops-399-official-025257497.html

Which one smells sweeter, the so called ex shoes or the cologne?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I'd hazard a guess that the IRS may well file charges for tax evasion against Trump personally after this. The civil trial went after his company because Trump essentially laid the blame at his accountants' feet but the evidence now points to direct involvement by Trump himself.

I haven't seen any evidence of tax evasion yet during this trial.

Except for the $48 million "loan".

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

I don't understand one thing. If he inflated the value of his assets to borrow money, and deflated them to pay less tax, is the taxman now allowed to go after him for unpaid taxes based on his own highest assessments? 

The asset deflation was to reduce property taxes, which are payable to the county, not the Feds.

Property valuation for payment of property taxes is made by the county. If the owner of the property feels the valuation is too high, they can appeal, and provide data supporting a lower valuation.

So, Trump probably gave the County the real data.

On 2/17/2024 at 12:16 AM, nausea said:

This lawfare is destroying the legitimacy of the US legal system, a heavy price to pay for some petty, or maybe not so petty, political advantage. I mean, you sort of expect it in a country like Pakistan, with all their Imran Khan shenanigans, but the US?

Well, that was mindless.

Do you think allowing asset valuation fraud in business is good public policy?

Do you think that when banks evaluate loan applications, they should just ignore the data in the application, because loan applications shouldn't be trusted?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

We all don't follow Trump as much as you do 

The flip side is that your comments here are not based on the facts. 

Apparently, you take the lazy approach of just passing along talking points your internet friends send you.

Trump has been found to have committed asset valuation fraud, and is ordered to pay a huge sum. Are you going to pass him some cash to help him out?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The flip side is that your comments here are not based on the facts. 

Apparently, you take the lazy approach of just passing along talking points your internet friends send you.

Trump has been found to have committed asset valuation fraud, and is ordered to pay a huge sum. Are you going to pass him some cash to help him out?

What is Trump doing today ?

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump did lose the popular vote in 2016, as predicted by the polls.

What matters is that he became POTUS.   A good one at that.

Or was that a rigged election also.

Were you one of the citizens that claimed they would leave the country, but didn’t?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

One would have thought he'd have them made by Louis Vuitton under license and paid them a royalty to rebrand them. Nope, just the number 13 Chinese sneaker factory.

Yeah, just a cheap rip-off, who would have thought anything more of a proven fraudster.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

They would have to be the tackiest pieces of merchandise I have seen since I was in a Nieman-Marcus jewellery store in Dallas. Oh wait, I forgot the NFT cards.

Errm, I dunno. The pieces of his indictment shirt have to be right up there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Soon as they mention George Soros you know you have someone in deep - evidence of a link between the two would be nice. 

Trump will likely have to put Trump Tower on the market .

Karma would be served if George Soros bought it for a fire-sale price and then put up a placard calling it 'Soros Square'.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, candide said:

Actually, it's Trump who claimed the 2016 election was rigged! Twice! 😀

Before the 2016 election, he started to claim it would be rigged, because he initially expected to lose it.

After the 2016 election, he also claimed the election was rigged, because he was furious that Hillary got more votes than him! 😀

You guys are truly out in left field!

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Even better if it became Stormy Towers. An 87 million down payment should interest any bank if she was so inclined. Failing that, Nancy could buy it with the profit from her insider trading on Tesla. Even better would be the two Georgia campaign workers if they get their money from Giuliani in time. The piece de resistance would be Taylor Towers of course. The mind runs wild with possibilities, all delicious, like a Thai smorgasbord.

Carroll Condo has a nice ring to it.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Carroll Condo has a nice ring to it.

Yeah, I see I got confused by the litany of litigants. The best would be a partnership between E Jean Carroll, George Conway and Mary Trump. Then they wouldn't even need to change the signage.

But I'll put my money on the state grabbing it for the 355 large they are owed and moving the CIA headquarters into it. The possibilities really are endless.

Edited by ozimoron