Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I feel Trump supporters are missing the core issue in this news item.

It’s not the $ magnitude of the Court’s ruling against Trump, rather how is he going to come up with the money to pay it.

Putting aside all political differences, I strongly recommend Trump supporters keep their own money on their own pockets and let Trump pay his own Court penalties.

He’s told you he is a Billionaire, in matters of what you do with your own hard earned cash, take him at his word on that claim.

You need your money more than he does, or at least that should be your starting position.

You think people on here give Trump money? That is hilarious.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But, and this is the problem Republicans, Trump and his supporters have:

Biden is not doing Putin’s bidding.

Putin endorsed Biden. He wants Biden to win 2024. Weak opposition.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I still don't know how the State of NY will collect from Trump, or whether Trump needs to post a bond to appeal.

Also, were any Federal tax laws violated by Trump in the last 7 years that were revealed during this case?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I still don't know how the State of NY will collect from Trump, or whether Trump needs to post a bond to appeal.

Also, were any Federal tax laws violated by Trump in the last 7 years?

Apparently......

18 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

The state will collect. One way or another. Trump either needs to put up the cash, or get very expensive bonds.

With so many lawsuits over the years, I'm sure a few had to do with federal tax laws.

His foundation and university were just a few of the many

Trump and his father avoided gift taxes for years with sham transactions.

IIRC, the NY Times called out the IRS for its failure to prosecute.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's a fact. If Trump wants to appeal either the NY case or the E Jean Carroll case, he has to post cash or a bond equivalent to the amount of the judgment.

If he doesn't appeal, he has to pay. If he does not pay, the plaintiffs can get court orders to seize his assets, and sell them to satisfy the awards.

Can they send Trump to a prison camp in Siberia ?

Is Guantemo bay still open ?

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It certainly is not, and it is only going to get worse for Trump.

His only hope is to get re-elected. He will go to jail if he is not. The odds against him being acquitted in ALL criminal trials are insurmountable.

A campaign for the Presidency takes money, lots of it.

Trump has raided the RNC's campaign kitty and PAC's to pay his legal bills, $55 million and counting. He's got more appeals going than a butcher has pork chops, and all of the lawyers are billing him in advance for services. It would take a truly dumb or desperate lawyer to trust him to pay. They have Rudy Giuliani as an example.

The large donors have all walked away, they can see the writing on the wall, and where their money is going. The remaining small donor rubes are not enough, and are probably exhausted by his constant dunning.

I don't understand your mindset. I do understand it is only a matter of time.

Your crystal ball is murky as usual!

Are you the amazing Kreskin?

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, mikebike said:

Really. The GOP would have us believe it's all about lower taxes for the rich, performative border BeeEss, impeaching over policy, and protecting a criminal canditadte. 

You forgot a few like destroying the world order shivving your allies in the guts ruining our country’s reputation and voter suppression more guns ect ect oh and there latest abandonment of the brave heroic Ukrainian people 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

First there were RINO's, Republicans In Name Only. Now there are the people who support him, but at least have the sense to not send him money. They are TINO's, Trumpers In Name Only.

I often wonder if some on this forum seemingly bending the knee to that fraudster are only here to stir up controversial bull pucky or are they really that gullible and/or stupid?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1